Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

That's weird; I never thought of canned green beans as having a strong smell when cooked. Could be worse, man... steamed broccoli or cauliflower, burnt popcorn, and bacon all come to mind.

Wait..... what?

You've got a problem with the smell of bacon? That stuff is a pheromone as far as I am concerned.

My girlfriend's father was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer on monday and is having surgery as we speak. So yeah, this has been a rough week. It sounds like this may be an ultra rare case where they caught it early, so hopefully he can beat the numbers on this one. The surgeon also worked on Steve Jobs, so he definitely has the best of the best here.

I've been getting the feeling lately that she's worried her family could chase me away (which will never happen) and now this happens. There's never good timing for something like this, but still, what crappy timing.

My thoughts and prayers go out to her and her family. Great to hear see there are still stand up people in this crazy f'd up world like you. Just be there.

My complaint seems trivial however it must be done. Work just sucks the life out of me sometimes especially when I read things like this and know there are so many other things so much more important.

Oh and many thanks for the laughs to weave and GODD. (mancapades nice touch).

Wait..... what?

You've got a problem with the smell of bacon? That stuff is a pheromone as far as I am concerned.

lol well that one is the opposite problem from the others... I hate when people cook bacon at work because it makes me not want my lunch! We had an office lady here for a short while who was living out of a hotel and would cook something with bacon in the office kitchen every morning. It was torture.

Prayers goin' your way man. Just be there to listen, you don't need to say much.

+1 Just being there, not necessarily interfering, and letting her feelings go through their natural course. She will appreciate you letting her find her way through her own feelings in this situation, from my experience, slowly losing a father in law.

That's weird; I never thought of canned green beans as having a strong smell when cooked. Could be worse, man... steamed broccoli or cauliflower, burnt popcorn, and bacon all come to mind.

Wait..... what?

lol well that one is the opposite problem from the others... I hate when people cook bacon at work because it makes me not want my lunch! We had an office lady here for a short while who was living out of a hotel and would cook something with bacon in the office kitchen every morning. It was torture.

i'd like to thank the two of you for helping me solve my dinner dilemma. two words: "bacon explosion." if you're not familiar, google it.

firing up the grill in t-minus 3 hours, 5 minutes ....

So, I get hungry but don't have time for a sit down meal. I want an Arizona iced tea so I go to the corner Sunoco station. I walk over to the frozen foods thinking I can microwave something quick. And there it is, a small frozen pizza right next to the french bread pizzas. Mmmm I'm thinkin' 3-4 minutes with one of those metallic crispers and I'm eating. I get back and read the instructions. Do Not Microwave. ###### me. Now I have to wait until I get home. Sooo hungry.

All you ass-holes at my place of work...stop burying me in paperwork, documentation, policies and procedures, project management, change management, endless emails, SOP's, meetings for the sake of meeting, etc....

STOP IT AND JUST LET ME DO MY JOB!

Edited by LabattBlue

i'd like to thank the two of you for helping me solve my dinner dilemma. two words: "bacon explosion." if you're not familiar, google it.

firing up the grill in t-minus 3 hours, 5 minutes ....

lol too much! That's shades of EpicMealTime.

All you ass-holes at my place of work...stop burying me in paperwork, documentation, policies and procedures, project management, change management, endless emails, SOP's, meetings for the sake of meeting, etc.... STOP IT AND JUST LET ME DO MY JOB!

I feel your pain. I just had a colleague escape the brutality of corporate bureaucracy that we endure here last Friday. He's already emailed me multiple times this week to rub it in.

I nearly lost it a few months ago at some BS function that we were forced to attend, where our CEO introduced our new "VP of Change". :wallbash:

I would appreciate the gesture it if the engineer who told me they would get me the vital papers necessary for me to do my job, actually gave them to me prior to leaving for the day. Now, my portion is going to be another day late. :wallbash:

On top of that, as a lot of you here know, I sort of rent the downstairs of my mother's raised ranch (lower price than getting my own place, and when student loans are as much as they are, it's worth it). Well, the laundry room for the entire house is downstairs attached to the living room, completely opposite end of the house from my room. The washer started leaking a few weeks back, and I knew what needed done. Her handy-dandy moron of a boyfriend decided he would try to fix it...to no avail. I DID fix the washer, and got it all back together, and then mr handy dandy decides he wants to re-model the laundry room (this is last weekend mind you). He took everything out of there (there were two metal shelf units that had a lot of house repair supplies (i.e. nails, screws, paint supplies, etc) and a slop sink), and placed it all in the living room, effectively blocking my entrance in and out of the house. Fine...it'll only be a few days while he d!cks around, right? wrong. We are approaching one week, and he is almost done with laying tile (which I had to teach him how to do), and it took him most of the week to build a platform to set the machines next to each other instead of stacking (he won't accept my help).

Then yesterday, my mom calls and says, "please don't freak out, but he decided to re-model the storage closet downstairs now too." I get home to find totes, old skiis, and a whole lot of camping stuff i haven't seen since high school (I thought i got rid of half of the stuff, but i guess not) filling even more of the living room. My girlfriend is already a little shy about coming over becuase this guy creeps her out (95% of my friends say the same thing). I don't want her to come over and have to navigate thru the sh!t to get to my room. it's just embarassing. In all honesty, the past few weeks has made me decide I am going to find my own place with my sister's boyfriend, because this situation is just ridiculous.

Bottom line, I hate people that will not accept help on projects (especially from qualified people (I worked for a contractor for a number of years)), and people who start projects and don't finish them...and this guy...

All you ass-holes at my place of work...stop burying me in paperwork, documentation, policies and procedures, project management, change management, endless emails, SOP's, meetings for the sake of meeting, etc....

STOP IT AND JUST LET ME DO MY JOB!

I hate yearly reviews!!!! I work in live TV. I get appraised on a second by second basis. If I screw up, I know about it immediately. I've been doing it for 20 years. What do I need a yearly review for? What makes it even worse is that I have to write up three goals for the year. I like my job and people tell me I'm good at it. Isn't that enough? The only goal I have is to be able to do my job without writing what my goals are. I know that some tool in HR needs to justify their existence, I just wish they could find another way. Maybe they should try volunteering.

So, I get hungry but don't have time for a sit down meal. I want an Arizona iced tea so I go to the corner Sunoco station. I walk over to the frozen foods thinking I can microwave something quick. And there it is, a small frozen pizza right next to the french bread pizzas. Mmmm I'm thinkin' 3-4 minutes with one of those metallic crispers and I'm eating. I get back and read the instructions. Do Not Microwave. ###### me. Now I have to wait until I get home. Sooo hungry.

you know ... bacon is microwavable. just a hint.

I pitched an *incredible* idea to my boss earlier in the week. He loved it so much that he set up a meeting to show our department head. The department head absolutely loved it. He said he was going to talk to our product line developers to figure out how we can roll my ideas into existing software and create stand-alone help files for our proprietary software.

"Dude. How is this a complaint?"

Settle down. I'm getting there.

After the meeting, I chatted with my boss. He said I needed to chat with a guy from our training department who had been working on some Fireworks and Dreamweaver-based CBT, and find out how we can use both. So I went and spoke with who I now refer to as IRCW (interesting repute co-worker).

Immediately upon opening my help file, he went off on a huge rant as to why my idea is HORRIBLE and why it would NEVER replace actual training. "This provides NO hands-on experience. How are you supposed to provide hands-on training with a HELP file?! Don't these engineers understand ANYthing?! This will never work."

He kept ranting for literally half an hour about his experience with CBT, and how much more beneficial it is, and why it needs to be the choice over my help file. FInally, I cut him off and said, "Explain to me this: where in your COMPUTER-BASED training does the field user get the experience of actually hooking up hardware? Hmm?"

You could hear a mouse pissing on cotton. But then he started ranting again. Finally, i just grabbed my thumb drive and walked off.

This guy has a real habit of trash-talking anyone else's work. No one else provides any value to the company but him. According to him, it's "his" company.

Yah ... frick.

My girlfriend's father was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer on monday and is having surgery as we speak. So yeah, this has been a rough week. It sounds like this may be an ultra rare case where they caught it early, so hopefully he can beat the numbers on this one. The surgeon also worked on Steve Jobs, so he definitely has the best of the best here.

I've been getting the feeling lately that she's worried her family could chase me away (which will never happen) and now this happens. There's never good timing for something like this, but still, what crappy timing.

Prayers going your way.

I hate yearly reviews!!!! I work in live TV. I get appraised on a second by second basis. If I screw up, I know about it immediately. I've been doing it for 20 years. What do I need a yearly review for? What makes it even worse is that I have to write up three goals for the year. I like my job and people tell me I'm good at it. Isn't that enough? The only goal I have is to be able to do my job without writing what my goals are. I know that some tool in HR needs to justify their existence, I just wish they could find another way. Maybe they should try volunteering.

Now I know why you hold to a particular slant! I should have known you were a part of the MSM.

j/k (or am i?)

Now I know why you hold to a particular slant! I should have known you were a part of the MSM.

j/k (or am i?)

I don't know what MSM means, but whether you're kidding or not really doesn't bother me. I'm from the school that believes you need all types. I mean, really, don't you want your musicians, artisis, actors to be raging liberals? And don't you want your industrialists and businessman to be hardcore conservatives.

Show me a far right sax player and I'll show you a guy who can't swing. Show me a far left entrepeneur and I'll show you someone who has to file chapter 11 after 6 months.

1, I don't know what MSM means, but whether you're kidding or not really doesn't bother me. I'm from the school that believes you need all types. I mean, really, don't you want your musicians, artisis, actors to be raging liberals? And don't you want your industrialists and businessman to be hardcore conservatives.

2, Show me a far right sax player and I'll show you a guy who can't swing. Show me a far left entrepeneur and I'll show you someone who has to file chapter 11 after 6 months.

1, ever heard of Google? You could look it up.

2, That first sentence was actually hilarious! The second sentence is so true.

I don't know what MSM means, but whether you're kidding or not really doesn't bother me. I'm from the school that believes you need all types. I mean, really, don't you want your musicians, artisis, actors to be raging liberals? And don't you want your industrialists and businessman to be hardcore conservatives.

Show me a far right sax player and I'll show you a guy who can't swing. Show me a far left entrepeneur and I'll show you someone who has to file chapter 11 after 6 months.

This leads me to.....Apple....

The whole idea was to be anti-establishment...even the motto is "Think Different".

Well, they are the largest company in the world, and every yahoo has their head burried in some contraption instead of freaking living life.

People are so afraid they are going to miss something, that they now miss everything. Things have become so much about the manipulation of technology that we no longer value the theories and concepts actually comprising the information.

At least some of our raging liberal authors had this pegged decades ago.

1, ever heard of Google? You could look it up.

2, That first sentence was actually hilarious! The second sentence is so true.

Google was actually of no use, but I figured it out anyway. I'm just a little slow today, I was up really late last night hugging trees with lesbians.

Google was actually of no use, but I figured it out anyway. I'm just a little slow today, I was up really late last night hugging trees with lesbians.

I love hugging trees with lesbians. It feels so nurturing. It is a nice way to relax after reading the National Review.

Well, talk about being facetious! :lol: