Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Why do most complaints today involve puke and bowel movements?

My complaint? I'm not allowed to start a OTpenis thread.

UR right. We wouldn't Nova Scotia boy to hit his head on his desk.

I know I'm not the only NS guy here, but I've been banging my head on my desk for the past 30 odd minutes.

We want details. This is an interesting saga.

She actually stuck to the same guy for a couple weeks. But that ended right around thursday last week. So she was eating up a storm for the last couple days (which is exactly why you don't want to see any facebook page weave). Yesterday I find out that someone in that guy's family died (or something along those lines, didn't get the specifics), so he felt the need to spin that into a booty call, which of course she fell for. The real entertainment is coming in the next couple days, I'm sure.

She actually stuck to the same guy for a couple weeks. But that ended right around thursday last week. So she was eating up a storm for the last couple days (which is exactly why you don't want to see any facebook page weave). Yesterday I find out that someone in that guy's family died (or something along those lines, didn't get the specifics), so he felt the need to spin that into a booty call, which of course she fell for. The real entertainment is coming in the next couple days, I'm sure.

You need to set up some hidden webcams.

• Like (+1) 1

I have a new complaint now: The two managers at a place of employment that argue excessivelly and can NEVER find middle ground, and must make a scene wherever and whenever. yeah. good times.

I've got that going on right now, and I need help with something, but God forbid I interupt them...I just want to be done with this costing effort so I can release the quote, so I can go home! :censored: :wallbash:

I have a new complaint now: The two managers at a place of employment that argue excessivelly and can NEVER find middle ground, and must make a scene wherever and whenever. yeah. good times.

I've got that going on right now, and I need help with something, but God forbid I interupt them...I just want to be done with this costing effort so I can release the quote, so I can go home! :censored: :wallbash:

Naked man. They wont know how to respond.

• Like (+1) 1

You have no idea how appropriate this comment is right now. That trainwreck just got trainwreckier (what exactly would you call it when a trainwreck gets even worse?)

Caption this photo and you have it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Train_wreck_at_Montparnasse_1895.jpg

I love this shot, my ex actually bought me a framed copy that's in my house. It was on a poster in the Science and Engineering Library at UB (2nd floor near the elevators, I think) from an "Engineering Failure Analysis" conference years ago. Cracked me up every time I saw it.

1, But even then, I don't ever recall considering soda appropriate in the morning and my four food groups were pizza, cereal, ice cream, and chips.

2, I have seen a handful of adults do this over the years where I work (they drink 1/2 a case of diet soda a day from morning until night). Boggles my mind.

1, very interesting take. One of my friends told me that his four main food groups were sugar, salt, fat, and caffeine. Not too far from your estimation.

2, :sick: Man, that does not sound healthy at all. I'd rather be the kid's mom who sent her child to school with a turkey sandwich in North Carolina earlier this week. I guess the food police look the other way when it comes to consuming that kind of liquid trash.

People that don't know how to help themselves.

My girlfriend and our mutual friends have this friend...She's in her mid-twenties. She has a four year old daughter. She lives in a cramped apartment downtown. She doesn't have a car. She always wants people to drive her places. Complains that she can't afford food. Doesn't understand why she's not allowed to have custody of her kid.

But has plenty of time and money to go out drinking with friends, get new tattoos, and post little artifacts of it all over Facebook.

How dense do you have to be?

Talk about a complete lack of introspection and being in a perpetual state of out to lunch.

It's February, dammit. Why does it have to be 35 degrees and raining and not 30 degrees with snow? :(

It's been a pretty mild winter all around. Last winter, I took a load through southwest Missouri and it was -2 at 7 in the morning. Last week, I went through the KC area and it was in the mid 30's.

Is it all that different from people who drink coffee all day?

I agree with LastPommerFan. At least coffee is ahelluva lot more natural than the liquid sh!t SDS was talking about.

Price of colleges...even SUNY if you factor in room and board. :angry:

My gosh you ain't kidding. My daughter got admitted to her "dream school" early action and my husband and I are in a bit of a panic trying to figure out how we are going to pay for it. We are not rich, but comfortable, and therein lies the rub. Low income = paid for, wealthy=no problem, we can pay. Middle class? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

It's University of Chicago and the tuition plus room and board and whatever else is almost $60,000 a year. Seriously. We will get some aid, and she has some merit scholarships. I hope the package is enough to make it viable for her. She really wants to attend that school very badly, and it really is perfect for her.

My gosh you ain't kidding. My daughter got admitted to her "dream school" early action and my husband and I are in a bit of a panic trying to figure out how we are going to pay for it. We are not rich, but comfortable, and therein lies the rub. Low income = paid for, wealthy=no problem, we can pay. Middle class? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

It's University of Chicago and the tuition plus room and board and whatever else is almost $60,000 a year. Seriously. We will get some aid, and she has some merit scholarships. I hope the package is enough to make it viable for her. She really wants to attend that school very badly, and it really is perfect for her.

I don't even want to think about what it will be like when I hit that day. 6 figure tuitions wouldn't surprise me one bit. I might have to set a rule right from the start, ony one kid and s/he goes to clown college.

My family hit the same fear when I got into Notre Dame (granted this was 10 years ago). My advice to anyone is to make the university tell you that you can't go there because you aren't rich enough/poor enough. After you get the aid offer, call up the financial aid office, and explain to them exactly what you think you can afford. It worked for us.

USB flash drives that come pre-loaded with crap I am (mostly likely) never going to use. I just want a storage flash drive. That's all. No 6GB of cloud backup, no security, no browser sync software, none of it. Just need a flash drive.

It was Korab, not me. But I'm always willing to evaluate for myself. :P

not 10 years ago... present day economy present day state of affairs.

You only plan on working though on 5-7 year economic cycle?

In today's dollars and today's market, an engineering degree is an even better choice than it was 10 years ago. Our unemployment rate is less than half the national average and we're one of the only middle class jobs that have seen real income growth over the past decade.

is the degree worth the debt?

Always - you can get a degree while incurring a minimum of debt if you are smart about it. Look at the lifetime income difference between those with degrees and those without. Unless you are lucky or good enough to start one of the few businesses that succeed, a degree is the only route to success.

Here's the data: http://www9.georgeto...ff-complete.pdf

If you mean is a $60K/yr. education at the University of Chicago worth more than a 20K/yr. education from a state school that starts off with 2 years at 5K per at a community college? That is a matter of great debate that depends on the schools involved, the type of job sought, the place where you went to school versus where you will be seeking a job, and the realistic upper end potential of the individual. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Edited by korab rules

Not a complaint by any means, but I had no idea where to pin this one. It's bad enough the winds from a hurricane or a tornado are strong enough to kill us. But this one would definitely kill us and we would never know what hit us. :o

You only plan on working though on 5-7 year economic cycle?

In today's dollars and today's market, an engineering degree is an even better choice than it was 10 years ago. Our unemployment rate is less than half the national average and we're one of the only middle class jobs that have seen real income growth over the past decade.

I wish I had the talents and smarts that engineers do. The associated sciences that go along with it were never my strong suits.

Edited by Crosschecking