Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I understand that it is a Canadian icon and very addictive, but your big mistake was going to Tim's in the first place ... that stuff is nasty.

I'm getting a bagel and a diet pepsi. What exactly is nasty about Tim Horton's? The popularity of the locations in WNY is off the charts.

I'm getting a bagel and a diet pepsi. What exactly is nasty about Tim Horton's? The popularity of the locations in WNY is off the charts.

Tim Hortons or not - diet Pepsi in the morning is nasty enough.

Especially on thursday. I've always bitched about stupid cashiers and drivers in here. I'm not taking it anywhere else.

Fine, well i'm gonna support my baby and put my bad driving and wal-mart observations in my thread. So there.

How can anyone really complain after such a sound victory last night? It's like complaining that your girlfriend got second place in the Miss America competition. I don't want to hear it :nana:

I understand that it is a Canadian icon and very addictive, but your big mistake was going to Tim's in the first place ... that stuff is nasty.

Wow, I don't know what kind of coffee they're making out east but Tim's is the ####. I've got to have my cup every morning. Just can't find another chain or store product that compares. I live in a medium sized City and there about 10 in town. No matter which one I go to there is a friggen lineup out the door and the drive throughs are a mess....

Because it's thursday.

I just don't want my first 1000 to go down as me arguing with shrader's 11,000+ on the merits of Complaint Thursday. I mean, WTF is that all about ( :nana:)

I'm going over to the boobies thread where I belong...

Edited by Touched by Boyes

Wow, I don't know what kind of coffee they're making out east but Tim's is the ####. I've got to have my cup every morning. Just can't find another chain or store product that compares. I live in a medium sized City and there about 10 in town. No matter which one I go to there is a friggen lineup out the door and the drive throughs are a mess....

Oh man I totally AGREE. We have a smattering of Timmy Ho's here in Ohio, mostly in Columbus, which is an hour away. My brother in law goes there twice a week and we have him pick us up a couple of cans of fine grind every month. We drink the hell out of it. No grocery store canned coffee can compare.

See, I think your thread has its place. There really are WTF moments out there. This article proves it.

I'm gonna fight the good fight. It was the first incarnation. It takes a few weeks for a thread like that to develop it's own distinct personality.

Now that Tasty Hug Tuesday thread... oi vey :unsure:

Oh man I totally AGREE. We have a smattering of Timmy Ho's here in Ohio, mostly in Columbus, which is an hour away. My brother in law goes there twice a week and we have him pick us up a couple of cans of fine grind every month. We drink the hell out of it. No grocery store canned coffee can compare.

I wish we had Timmy Ho's in the Cleveland area, and I don't even drink coffee.

I'm gonna fight the good fight. It was the first incarnation. It takes a few weeks for a thread like that to develop it's own distinct personality.

Now that Tasty Hug Tuesday thread... oi vey :unsure:

i think each thread has its place. "complaint thursday" and "WTF wednesdays" do not need to, nor should they, overlap. like i said with that link, THAT was very much a distinct "WTF" article. and maybe i'll repost it there next week, but by then i'll have found so many more WTF articles that that one won't even matter.

i have your back on this one. i like complaint thursday and F'N fantastic friday. i like "WTF wednesday." "tasty hug tuesday ..." yah. umm ... hmm. hey, it's the effort that counts, right?!

Timmay's is good but I like McDonalds. 79 cents for a huge coffee and it's rather good. I don't have to waste a ton of gas waiting in line either.

Timmay's is good but I like McDonalds. 79 cents for a huge coffee and it's rather good. I don't have to waste a ton of gas waiting in line either.

Yeah but everytime I go into a McDonalds I feel all gross inside. It's like my stomach knows it's about to have a rough night of the McGurgles... :sick:

Sorry, I assumed you were getting that nasty coffee ... I guess I just made an ass of me, but not u.

That's the problem ...

I never go out for coffee. I make Bosnian coffee at home. The only exception I will make is to go to a new cafe run by Palestinians, who make a passable Turkish coffee, to support them.

That's the problem ...

I never go out for coffee. I make Bosnian coffee at home. The only exception I will make is to go to a new cafe run by Palestinians, who make a passable Turkish coffee, to support them.

Comparing Turkish or Bosnian or Armenian or any coffee from that part of the world to typical western roast and brew is apples and oranges. Like comparing Parmesan Cheese to Chocolate Ice Cream, the only thing that's the same is the main ingredient.

I do like Mickey D's for my afternoon cup...it's a good brew but WTF I pay $1.19 for a medium! However, running Timmy Ho's thru my cusinart in the mornings and sucking down that first strong, flavorful cup is one of the highlights of my day.

I have had the worst year so far. Wife lost her job, due to a rule violation they denied her unemployment benefits, my boss just notified me that due to company cutbacks I would lose my commision compensation package (27500) and I found out I owe 5 grand in taxes this year.

Someone open the hug thread...

I have had the worst year so far. Wife lost her job, due to a rule violation they denied her unemployment benefits, my boss just notified me that due to company cutbacks I would lose my commision compensation package (27500) and I found out I owe 5 grand in taxes this year.

:( I'm really sorry to hear about that, WB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pvnSMAf-N0

Edited by biodork

Keep your chin up man! good things will come.

sorry to hear that man. i can totally relate to the taxes thing. we're *still* paying back taxes on our '08 return due to a lack of full disclosure on a) the IRS's part, b) my lousy HR rep who had no functional knowledge of "tax brackets." fricking' idiot ...

Consider your self to have just received the most manly of man hugs ... :wub: .

Stiff upper lip (hi Limey, or whatever you call yourself now). It is always darkest (hi D4rk) just before the dawn.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

You could try diet. There are many anecdotal reports that various food dyes or preservatives act as ADHD triggers.

There's a lot to be said about eating as much natural food as possible and staying away from all the junk that's out there. At the same time, (sorry for any perceived political overtone on this one), the FDA does not appear to have a clue on food and nutrition. Yet, they seem to always be in a rush to approve "prescription drugs" that are supposedly useful for certain ailments - only to bring on other ailments that weren't there before.

This isn't really a complaint, but I hear about it from my wife all the time. I can't remember if I've mentioned this before on here, but I go to Wikipedia on a daily basis to see who died.

Living in a town that has a cookie factory is not a good thing.

In an attempt to live a healthier life, I quit smoking last year. Inevitably, a few pounds have creeped onto my little frame and I have been walking walking walking most mornings. Today is beautiful! Perfect day for a healthy, invigorating walk around the neighborhood.

Archway/Lance is baking this morning. Heavy, strong smell of warm chocolate chip cookies in the air. Makes it hard to focus...all I want now is a cookie instead of my usual yogurt/granola/berry breakfast.

Try living in a town where there's a paper mill. That'll do wonders for your olfactory senses. <_<