Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Hooters Buffalo Platter has been running through me for the last 12 hours..... When will I learn?? Also went to a bar last night for a girls B-Day party and the Ex and her new squeeze were there... He has a bolt through his nose, his eyebrow pierced and tats but is fat and short with like spiky anime hair needless to say the exact opposite of me very strange and awkward for most people that were there.

I just mentioned it in the game day thread, but this is the real place to say it. Comcast is having trouble activating my center ice package for whatever reason. I made the call back in September and have already paid, so it's not like I'm trying to get it last second. So unless my cable box magically cured itself today, I won't be able to watch tonight's game. They're sending someone out on saturday to take a look. I can guarantee that I'm about to get a serious discount on the center ice package, so at least there's that one positive in all of this.

do you have a new gig lined up?

Absolutely...wouldn't do it any other way. I start the new job a week from Monday. Right now, I'm using up time off that I won't get paid for, so it's a good week to get stuff done.

Wish the weather would cooperate so I could maybe play 18 or clean up the yard. There...that's my complaint.

:beer:

Not being able to watch the Sabres in HD on any other carrier than Time Warner.

There I said it. God I hate TW. Someone had to bitch about this subject today :death:

I agree with your rant in another thread about still no NFL Network if you have T-W. I posted this link over at TBD last month. As I mentioned over there, I'm actually more pissed I can't get the NFL Red Zone channel, which is better than having the NFL Season Ticket package!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/14/eight-years-later-nfl-network-still-isnt-national/

Eight Freakin' Years!! :angry:

I agree with your rant in another thread about still no NFL Network if you have T-W. I posted this link over at TBD last month. As I mentioned over there, I'm actually more pissed I can't get the NFL Red Zone channel, which is better than having the NFL Season Ticket package!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/14/eight-years-later-nfl-network-still-isnt-national/

Eight Freakin' Years!! :angry:

Wow has it been that log already? What a freakin joke. A sad joke.

Absolutely...wouldn't do it any other way. I start the new job a week from Monday. Right now, I'm using up time off that I won't get paid for, so it's a good week to get stuff done.

Wish the weather would cooperate so I could maybe play 18 or clean up the yard. There...that's my complaint.

:beer:

i've done that before. twice, actually. lined up a new gig, quit the old gig 2 fridays before the new gig starts, effectively giving me a 9-day weekend ... always a smart play, especially if your company is one that buys back your PTO bank. hell, i even got laid off once, and as an accidental severance package, the HR dept. cut us checks 3x what we had in our PTO bank. oops. :) of course, they called the next day and asked for the money back. that conversation went something like this:

"are you out of your mind? you just laid off 60% of the company, and now you're asking for the PTO check back?"

"yah ... sorry. it was a clerical error on our end."

"i don't care if it was a clerical, computer glitch, or whatever. you distributed the checks, then laid us all off. my wife and i had an emergency budget meeting last night. that money is already earmarked for at least 3 months of bills."

"but ... but ...... we need it back!"

"look ... am i in any way legally obligated to pay it back? cuz really, this is your f***-up--not mine."

*long pause as hr chick ponders her next response*

"well ... no, but it would be nice if you would."

"yah? well it would also be nice to still have a job. i believe you have your answer. see ya."

that was flat-out ballsy. the best part was that i hired on with a financial firm as a contractor and was making about 1.5 times what i had been making at my previous job. i actually made money on the lay-off.

Today is my 31st birthday. I'm sick with a nasty head cold/sinus infection, and for the first time in my life I feel old.

a) happy birthday man!

b) i feel your pain. i have a head and throat cold going on. i was afraid it was strep. it's not. so, that's a small good thing.

c) 31 is *not* old. i hit the big 4-0 next year. i couldn't care less. in fact, i'm taking the week off of work to celebrate it. my wife and i are pulling the kids out of school, and we're going to san diego to partay. well ... okay, fine--partay as hard as mormons can, which truthfully just involves disney world, coke zero, *maybe* a rockstar punched, and some beach time. but hey--it's fun for us, so whatever. anyway, my point is that 31 isn't old. age is a mental state--not a number. you've probably heard that cliche'd statement a bahzillion times, but it's true. don't want to feel old? do something not old! go on a spontaneous road trip. go sky diving.

d) i really am sorry about the head cold man. that blows.

I've been seeing a girl the past few weeks and everything was going great. But, we just had the talk yesterday about where this is going....

She doesn't want to make it an official thing because I'm moving 1000 miles away in two months, and long-distance isn't an option. Fair enough.

And I don't want to continue to "hang out" if there's no chance of a long-term thing coming out of this. Also fair enough (although I'm not sure if she understands this point of view).

It's just disappointing. I've been single for over three years, and I am an EXTREMELY picky person. Now I finally find someone I really like, and it's too late. Also, we've lived 80 yards away from each other for the past 26 months; what the heck was I doing this whole time? :lol:

Cue the WAHmbulance, right?

/sounding like a 16-year old

I've been seeing a girl the past few weeks and everything was going great. But, we just had the talk yesterday about where this is going....

She doesn't want to make it an official thing because I'm moving 1000 miles away in two months, and long-distance isn't an option. Fair enough.

And I don't want to continue to "hang out" if there's no chance of a long-term thing coming out of this. Also fair enough (although I'm not sure if she understands this point of view).

It's just disappointing. I've been single for over three years, and I am an EXTREMELY picky person. Now I finally find someone I really like, and it's too late. Also, we've lived 80 yards away from each other for the past 26 months; what the heck was I doing this whole time? :lol:

I met this really cool girl online. She's only 16, but seems really mature.

Turns out she's an undercover cop! How cool is that at her age!

I totally understand...you won't get a wahmbulance from me. good luck with everything!

1, I hate talk radio.

2, this time of year is absolutely mind-numbing for this poster. For the life of me, I cannot understand why so many churches and "ministries" such as this feel such a need to fit in with everyone else by offering up their own "Halloween alternatives" such as "Trunk or treat" or "Fall Festival." Don't get me wrong: I'm not knocking Halloween itself. People will do what their hearts are inclined to do. But these alternatives, regardless of the reason and/or rationale, are such a puerile and condescending knock-off of the original and everyone else knows it.

Today is my 31st birthday. I'm sick with a nasty head cold/sinus infection, and for the first time in my life I feel old.

While I know the feeling, you're only (reasonably speaking) as old as you act. In the last couple weeks I've been partying harder that I did in college and I'm 35. It's a bit tougher to get up in the morning, but if you keep at it, you'll develop a rhythm and it'll work.

As for my complaint: I have a really tough time reading some people in social situations. Like, don't have a clue what they're thinking.