Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

People complaining about Chet and Muffy types in the 200 level. We're not all like that you know :doh: Some of us season ticket holders in that level are actually kind of cool. Just like some but not all of the people in the 300's or the 100's. Stop buy at the bar on the 200 level AFTER the game. You're allowed in there then. A certain poster I would even buy a drink for.

People starting threads that should have been continued in an existing thread and nobody bitching about it. WTF? If it were me you bastards would be jumping all over it! :w00t:

Oh, and Larry Quinn.

People complaining about Chet and Muffy types in the 200 level. We're not all like that you know :doh: Some of us season ticket holders in that level are actually kind of cool. Just like some but not all of the people in the 300's or the 100's. Stop buy at the bar on the 200 level AFTER the game. You're allowed in there then. A certain poster I would even buy a drink for.

People starting threads that should have been continued in an existing thread and nobody bitching about it. WTF? If it were me you bastards would be jumping all over it! :w00t:

Oh, and Larry Quinn.

Mine is people complaining about Muffy types in Buffalo. Has there ever been a single girl born in Western NY named 'Muffy?'

I've known a truckload of Marias from here, several Marys, a handful of Meghans and Melanys, even a Marta or 2, but never a Muffy.

I'm not the thread police (at least until this particular thread is open on a Friday for a couple of hours, which once AGAIN this one is), I think that's more Shrader's job description; especially since he can't walk around for a couple more days. So I have no comment on your 2nd paragraph.

As for your 3rd; :thumbsup: .

And now for my non-why isn't this thread closed by now complaint. My buddy just made my wife a great chipper/putter and I have no idea how / when I'll be able to get her out on a golf course to try it out.

I'm with you there. It is sick and disgusting how some people have an IDGAF attitude over such animals. Just because I tilt to the right doesn't mean that I have no feelings toward them. To me, they're another majestic display of God's creation.

It's another thing altogether when an animal runs out in front of me when I'm doing 65 and I'm loaded to the hilt. I can't just swerve to miss that thing. (Happened to me a few years ago when I was near Bristol, Tennessee when a woodchuck ran right out in front of me. You don't have to ask who won.) It can take me up to 6-8 football fields to stop, and even longer if I'm going downhill. At any rate, animals don't think like humans do. Their sense of danger awareness is much different from ours. If they want to cross the road without thinking that they're about to get flattened, they'll do it.

Tilt to the right? thats rich. took the ducks many millions of years to evolve to their present state

And now for my non-why isn't this thread closed by now complaint. My buddy just made my wife a great chipper/putter and I have no idea how / when I'll be able to get her out on a golf course to try it out.

sounds like you should invite eleven's friend out on the course for a threesome.

Thanks guys. Gonna be a lot of crying today. He was a good man. Lived to be 87. I can't even think of living that long.

These are words I found for my Father's Mass Card. I found them comforting. I hope you do as well...

Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free!

I follow the plan God laid for me.

I saw His face, I heard His call,

I took His hand and left it all...

I could not stay another day,

To love, to laugh, to work or play;

Tasks left undone must stay that way.

And if my parting has left a void,

Then fill it with remembered joy.

A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss...

Ah yes, these things I, too, shall miss.

My life's been full, I've savored much:

Good times, good friends, a loved-one's touch.

Perhaps my time seemed all too brief—

Don't shorten yours with undue grief.

Be not burdened with tears of sorrow,

Enjoy the sunshine of the morrow.

• Like (+1) 1

These are words I found for my Father's Mass Card. I found them comforting. I hope you do as well...

Beautiful ...

+ 1,000,000 ...

Is the whole "don't pass a school bus while its red lights are blinking" thing not a law in certain states? I watched car after car pass a bus that was picking up a student this morning. The drivers around here are really living up to that masshole label.

Is the whole "don't pass a school bus while its red lights are blinking" thing not a law in certain states? I watched car after car pass a bus that was picking up a student this morning. The drivers around here are really living up to that masshole label.

No...it's definitely a law everywhere...

On another note, do people realize that driving thru fog or inclement weather with headlights on isnt for their benefit, but the benefit of other drivers being able to see them? Driving thru the thick fog on my way to work today, almost got to bear witness to nasty accident. Car went to pass another slow moving car, and never saw the car coming from the other direction thru the fog (I know that passing in thick fog is not recommended, but I don't think this guy does/did). Doubt he'll try that maneuver again!

Yeah that sounds about right.

How's the knee?

Thanks guys. Gonna be a lot of crying today. He was a good man. Lived to be 87. I can't even think of living that long.

Chz sorry for your loss. You can take some comfort from how long he lived. He did get to wear his body out! Hang in there.

Striking thoughts.

Nothing worth complaining about from me today after seeing these two threads.

Take care everyone.

Willy

i truly am sorry for your loss. my grandfather lived to be 85. strong as an ox up until the last couple of years. i don't know what your grandfather meant to you--i can only assume that he meant a lot based on the "gonna be lots of crying" today" comment. mine is the reason i went into english. his command of the language and his expansive vocabulary were incredible. i always loved chatting with him over breakfast, or listening to his stories about WWII.

i know that the phrase "he's better off" means nothing to the grieving. however true the phrase may be, it can't begin to take away the pain of loss as we reflect on a lifetime spent together and the memories those times created. all i can say is that it does get easier, but there will always be that twinge of sadness behind the reminiscing *because* we love so unabashedly and deeply. cling to that twinge, for when it disappears, then your grandfather truly is gone ... but while that pang of loss still touches us, no one can ever fully die.

No...it's definitely a law everywhere...

On another note, do people realize that driving thru fog or inclement weather with headlights on isnt for their benefit, but the benefit of other drivers being able to see them? Driving thru the thick fog on my way to work today, almost got to bear witness to nasty accident. Car went to pass another slow moving car, and never saw the car coming from the other direction thru the fog (I know that passing in thick fog is not recommended, but I don't think this guy does/did). Doubt he'll try that maneuver again!

That's a big one for me too. There are two that always stand out to me. White cars driving without lights while it is snowing. And dark cars driving right after the sun has gone down without their lights on. You do realize you're essentially driving a camouflaged vehicle at that point, right?

How's the knee?

Not too bad. Started PT yesterday and it feels great today (relatively speaking, of course).