Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

So you got that new job? If so, congratulations. Still in Boston?

Yeah, it's still out here, which is something I could complain about a bit. The one thing I wish I could change right now is that I just found out that I get to cash out all of my remaining vacation hours, but my sick hours are unfortunately lost. If I was able to cash out those sick hours, I'd probably have enough money to buy the new car that I'm going to need in cash. That would have been nice. Instead, I'll complain about this new found debt.

Yeah, it's still out here, which is something I could complain about a bit. The one thing I wish I could change right now is that I just found out that I get to cash out all of my remaining vacation hours, but my sick hours are unfortunately lost. If I was able to cash out those sick hours, I'd probably have enough money to buy the new car that I'm going to need in cash. That would have been nice. Instead, I'll complain about this new found debt.

You could aways come down with something for those lase 12 days and use up that sick time. I don't condone the idea but I have known plenty of people that take all their vacation days in the last 3 or 4 weeks or so then they work 2 days at a time so they don't need a doctors note, yes, where I work if you are out for more than 2 days you don't get paid without a doctors note, to limit the amount of time they need to be there.

I know it doesn't put cash in your pocket but it at least gives you time to yourself to prepare. Changing jobs can be as life altering as getting married/having kids/etc.

And congrats on the new job.

So a few months ago I accidentally dropped my phone in my dog's water bowl, and it mostly recovered but a few of the keys stopped working. No biggie, it's a touchscreen so I could get away with just a minor inconvenience of having to copy and paste text for a few letters. I'm finally eligible for an upgrade discount this month, and I decided since I really like the phone I have I would just get another of the same. It arrived on Tuesday, and I got it activated and successfully programmed, etc etc. Except the very next day it starts randomly rebooting itself every so often, and now today I've missed two calls (that I know of) where my phone never rang at all and it won't reliably send text messages. I went through a wipe/reinstall today and it is still doing it. :censored:

Oh, and congrats to Shrader! :thumbsup:

You could aways come down with something for those lase 12 days and use up that sick time. I don't condone the idea but I have known plenty of people that take all their vacation days in the last 3 or 4 weeks or so then they work 2 days at a time so they don't need a doctors note, yes, where I work if you are out for more than 2 days you don't get paid without a doctors note, to limit the amount of time they need to be there.

I know it doesn't put cash in your pocket but it at least gives you time to yourself to prepare. Changing jobs can be as life altering as getting married/having kids/etc.

And congrats on the new job.

It's always tempting, but that's way too unprofessional for me. It's pretty much a one man show, so I have to make sure everything from the job is documented so that someone can take my place. Since it's somewhat important stuff (diabetes research), I want to make sure it keeps going.

Strangely enough, I just found out that my brother's starting his new job the same exact day I am. He's thinking of going on some cruise to spend his vacation days but can't find anyone to go with him. It won't work for me unfortunately. Yet another half-assed complaint this week.

It's always tempting, but that's way too unprofessional for me. It's pretty much a one man show, so I have to make sure everything from the job is documented so that someone can take my place. Since it's somewhat important stuff (diabetes research), I want to make sure it keeps going.

Strangely enough, I just found out that my brother's starting his new job the same exact day I am. He's thinking of going on some cruise to spend his vacation days but can't find anyone to go with him. It won't work for me unfortunately. Yet another half-assed complaint this week.

Completely understand. I had a "director" of our dept. my bosses boss, that gave me an early Christmas present last year when he told everyone that he was leaving in the middle of January, he announced this at the beginning of December. He then proceeded to take 5 weeks off for vacation and sick time.

I hated the guy so I'm not upset about it but I could never ethically feel like I deserved something like that.

Kudos to you for being better than him. It wouldn't take much but hey, better than nothing.

3 holiday parties Saturday means I won't see the game. And that's the easy Saturday. Next Sat., FIVE, in one night. And these aren't social engagements; most of them are business. Gotta go to them all. I'll start at the farthest away and make my way back, but even at one polite drink per party, wow, that's gonna be tough. (The last of the five is on my street, though; that does help.)

Mike Milbury. Why are we subjected to this jackass. He's everywhere. He's on NESN. He's on Versus. He's on TSN. He's on NBC. I don't get it. As someone once said about Carson Daly, "He's one man, who's got the talent of half a man, doing the job of four men." Get him off my TV.

I had to pay a 50 dollar deposit to get a cat trap from my town. And on top of that I have the anticipated guilt of trapping these poor, possibly feral cats that have made my yard their winter litter box. I'm honestly not doing it because they're making dooty. I'm trying to give them a shot at adoption at the local SPCA, or at least food and shelter in this brutal weather. Still, I know it's pretty likely they'll eventually have to be put down. Our SPCA does not euthanize automatically after so many days -- they keep the critters as long as possible, but can't keep them forever. I know these homeless cats aren't going to live long anyway without a home, and I'm giving them a lottery ticket for a warm bed in front of a fireplace with a crazy lady owner who feeds them albacore tuna by hand, but I still can't shake the feeling I am their executioner.

Am I a namby pamby jackwagon for feeling this way? Should I just get it over with and join the 2010-2011 Buffalo Sabres?

I had to pay a 50 dollar deposit to get a cat trap from my town. And on top of that I have the anticipated guilt of trapping these poor, possibly feral cats that have made my yard their winter litter box. I'm honestly not doing it because they're making dooty. I'm trying to give them a shot at adoption at the local SPCA, or at least food and shelter in this brutal weather. Still, I know it's pretty likely they'll eventually have to be put down. Our SPCA does not euthanize automatically after so many days -- they keep the critters as long as possible, but can't keep them forever. I know these homeless cats aren't going to live long anyway without a home, and I'm giving them a lottery ticket for a warm bed in front of a fireplace with a crazy lady owner who feeds them albacore tuna by hand, but I still can't shake the feeling I am their executioner.

Am I a namby pamby jackwagon for feeling this way? Should I just get it over with and join the 2010-2011 Buffalo Sabres?

Get a dog.

Get a dog.

Complaint: I hate when dog people act like ######. What has a cat ever done to you?

As for the cats, hit up petfinder.com. They have a listing of pet welfare groups and you might be able to find a no-kill shelter if you're squeamish about the SPCA.

Complaint: I hate when dog people act like ######. What has a cat ever done to you?

Nothing. But if you have a yard full of feral cats, the mere presence of a dog will encourage them to go elsewhere. I'm just suggesting how to move them into your yard. :nana:

As for the cats, hit up petfinder.com. They have a listing of pet welfare groups and you might be able to find a no-kill shelter if you're squeamish about the SPCA.

Thanks for the suggestion. I care, but I don't care enough to drive a great distance with a cat in a trap in my backseat.

Already got one this morning. Son of a gun at first wouldn't go in the trap, instead tried to tip the trap over to spill the food. Finally got so frustrated, and hungry, it went inside. But it wouldn't step on the trigger. It kind of hunched over it to get to the food. Amazing. Finally set it off somehow.

Put it out again and another cat got in and out without setting it off. This one's so skinny it might not trigger it.

Folks at the SPCA said you'd be amazed how many people come in and pass over the cute kittens for adult "rescue" type situations. So I feel a little better.

The $20 offer from the local Chinese Buffet is tempting, though.

Thanks Shrader for all your hard work my daughter is a diabetic. Its really tough on her she's only 7. That's my complaint.

Thanks Shrader for all your hard work my daughter is a diabetic. Its really tough on her she's only 7. That's my complaint.

We only work with type II, so unfortunately I have done absolutely nothing for you. :(

d4rk, I think just about everyone is sick right now. It's starting to hit me hard today, which should make all this last second scrambling to finish up with my job that much more fun.

We only work with type II, so unfortunately I have done absolutely nothing for you. :(

d4rk, I think just about everyone is sick right now. It's starting to hit me hard today, which should make all this last second scrambling to finish up with my job that much more fun.

It's been four weeks now for me. It just wont go away. I think I'm better and then the next day I'm all congested and sore again. Today is brutal. Thankfully we go on winter break for two weeks starting Monday so I can rest up and finally get healthy. Ugh.