Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

The non-profit I work for is struggling financially as we come in to the end of the year (no surprise) so they are "reorganizing" and laying people off and making people take pay cuts and setting new goals for the remainder of 2010. So on the 15th of November I get my revised goals for both November and December (which are dramatically higher than what we were forecast for originally) and I'll need a miracle during this weekend's campaign to make my numbers. So I had to sign revised goals, which felt like signing my own death warrant, knowing that they have been firing and laying people off like it's going out of style.

Plus in all that I am in the midst of working ten straight days leading into Thanksgiving, and given the importance of this weekend's campaign, the powers that be thought it would be a good idea to go ahead with our monthly four-hour all-department meeting that pulls everyone of importance out of each location for half a day - on the first day of the campaign.

For some reason, every time I play a hockey game, the other team always finds a way to shoot pucks directly into my hand. I've got a really nicely bruised wrist right now and can't move my hand all that well. And before some one like chz acts, don't worry, it's only the left hand.

Acts or asks? ###### that Freud!

Apple, uh, yeah, we get it, iTunes has the Beatles now. No one cares that much, really. I mean, it's a decent music-organizing program, and it's a decent obsolete band. Let's move on.

Oh, and while we're at it, I'm pissed that I bought an iPad a few days ago. It just doesn't do very much that an iPod touch can't do. But at least Apple will let me return it (which I will).

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, and while we're at it, I'm pissed that I bought an iPad a few days ago. It just doesn't do very much that an iPod touch can't do. But at least Apple will let me return it (which I will).

They should have just advertised it as, "iPod Touch: now in inconvienet size!"

Complaint: girlfriend (up in Buffalo) gets a snow day, and I'm at work. Oh, and I still haven't lost the weight I put on eating turkey, wings, pizza, and beer last weekend.

My only complaint: I can't focus at work because I'm obsessively checking SabreSpace for updates on the potential sale!

This.

But (of course), it's not my only complaint...why is it that execs in my organization (or most orgs for that matter) don't understand that you can't just drop a piece of gear in a data center and expect it to work 10 minutes later?

Had the eyes dialated at an eye doctor today. Now I'll be sitting about 6 feet away from my monitor all day just so I can read it. Always fun.

And I'll try to tweak this one a bit so that I can keep in the spirit of this thread. I have a voicemail waiting for me with what I believe to be a job offer... but I can't check it right now. The clock needs to start moving a little faster.

But (of course), it's not my only complaint...why is it that execs in my organization (or most orgs for that matter) don't understand that you can't just drop a piece of gear in a data center and expect it to work 10 minutes later?

Because it only took them that long to get their plug-and-play home wifi router to work; how hard can it be? (Feeling your pain)