Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

The weather made it pretty hilarious out here in Boston yesterday. September 1st is always a big moving day out here with all the kids coming back for school. Since I hate all the students, I love the fact that they had to move all their heavy crap in 96 degree heat.

I bet the guys who are professional movers and who have to box up and haul an entire truck full of household goods regardless of what the weather is outside probably got a chuckle out of it too.

I know this is old, but whatever happened to the idea of States Rights? Arizona did the right thing when Governor Brewer signed SB 1070 into law back in April of this year, and now the elitists on the Left want to pillory and crucify honorable men like Sheriff Joe Arpaio. What criminal nonsense! :wallbash:

Not to start a PPP fight here, but "States Rights!" is a battle cry you only hear when someone doesn't agree with the outcome. Where were you when certain states legalized pot, but people were being prosecuted federally,.. or even more up your alley, gay marriage?

The weather made it pretty hilarious out here in Boston yesterday. September 1st is always a big moving day out here with all the kids coming back for school. Since I hate all the students, I love the fact that they had to move all their heavy crap in 96 degree heat.

Well if forecasts hold, looks like Boston is going a real good washing soon.

Not to start a PPP fight here, but "States Rights!" is a battle cry you only hear when someone doesn't agree with the outcome. Where were you when certain states legalized pot, but people were being prosecuted federally,.. or even more up your alley, gay marriage?

With all due respect, are you one of those who calls evil good and good evil?

Well if forecasts hold, looks like Boston is going a real good washing soon.

Yeah, it's funny. The only thing that can stop this heat wave is a hurricane. It's a shame I'm going to miss that, but I'm in Buffalo this weekend for a wedding.

And as for a complaint, stupid political arguments.

i know it's late in the day, but my complaint is waking up with a single line of what is usually a random song in my head that won't stop repeating. it lasts from the moment i'm aware that it's morning, throughout my shower, and only ends, i think...when i pour a bowl of cereal or start cooking eggs. i even try to actively think of other songs, but they won't push the random one out of my head. is this a sign of getting old or what?

i know it's late in the day, but my complaint is waking up with a single line of what is usually a random song in my head that won't stop repeating. it lasts from the moment i'm aware that it's morning, throughout my shower, and only ends, i think...when i pour a bowl of cereal or start cooking eggs. i even try to actively think of other songs, but they won't push the random one out of my head. is this a sign of getting old or what?

Wrong thread.

With all due respect, are you one of those who calls evil good and good evil?

'There's a lot of,.. uh, well,.. badness in the world today. I see it in court every day. I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber. Didn't want to do it. 'Felt I,.. owed it to them. The most important decision you can make right now is what you stand for Danny, goodness, or - badness?'

I want to be good.

Don't get too hammered.

A large family gathering the day before my birthday? Yeah, I think that is pretty much a guarantee.

So they string you up and whack you w/ hammers for your b-day? :huh:

Damn, you know how to party camper. :P

Should Buffalohio change his title to 'Pinata's favorite ref?' ;)

This will probably shock some of you. Glenn Beck has to be one of the most dangerous men in America right now. Some of the things he said this past weekend at the Mall in DC sent a chill down my spine.

Do what I do...don't listen, it's not worth the time or trouble.

Interviewing roofing contractors today to find someone to replace the roof on my house. Loads of fun. Any recommendations?

Patch the roof with old slug jerseys?

I hate this waiting period I'm in the middle of for the job I interviewed for last week. It's out of my hands right now and I hate that feeling.

I'm tired of New Orleans. We get it. There was a storm. You built your town in a swamp (and I'm partial to swamps). Get over it.

More people have died or been displaced because of industry leaving Buffalo than that stupid hurricane. There's neighborhoods with 20% residency in Buff, but I guess unless there's some spray-painted symbols on the door nobody cares, oh, wait, they're there too.

For the love of God, start the damn football game already. This NBC buildup and pregame show seems endless. It's 8:40 and they're just getting to the national anthem..

I'm not watching it, but I agree with you. The mindless melodrama - even in sports - is worse than fingernails on a chalkboard (that is, if you can find a chalkboard in classrooms anymore).

IOW, it's their way of saying, "We really have nothing really important to say, but we have to say something to fill air time."

Maybe they should have put on either Jackie Evancho or Prince Poppycock to fill that dead air.

For the love of God, start the damn football game already. This NBC buildup and pregame show seems endless. It's 8:40 and they're just getting to the national anthem..

Speaking of the anthem, that chick butchered it. I won't tolerate even one lyric flubbed. She was trying so hard to be bluesy, or whatever, to put her own spin on it, she forgot the words? I hate that. And anyone who tries to stylize the anthem.