Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

54 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

Surround sound. Had it hooked up with 5.1 at my old place. HDMI. It’s about 12 yrs old. 

looking at a Denon 5.2 now. 5 hdmi. Bluetooth. 3 optic cables. 

Yes, you might as well upgrade to an HDMi input and you will get the better video and audio formats.  

I have a Denon and it’s been a good performer.  

59 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

Not compatible anymore. Had a av come out

Does your tv have an optical audio out? Just use that for surround. My receiver doesn’t even have hdmi but the digital audio works fine.

Edited by SwampD

I can’t believe it’s Thursday already.

After 4 years of construction, the family next door finally moved into their new house. Thought I was finally going to have a quiet summer with no noise. Nope. The house behind me sold and they are doing a complete tear down.

Why are there no arrow keys on an iPad keyboard? It’s really annoying.

• Agree 1

Walk into an M&T branch and need a customer service rep. Instead of getting someone in a cubicle, I get a staffer at a standing desk not even 3 feet from where others are waiting. 

Sorry, but I don’t need others to hear about my finances. 

• Like (+1) 1

Apple's website. 

Its been like this for years, but if I go there to look at a product and use the mouse wheel to scroll down, that means I saw what I wanted to see and want to, you know, SCROLL DOWN.  Yet half the time when you try to scroll down their product page, you actually do scroll down..the other half the time it takes their pictures/animations and, well, animated them, and you have to scroll and scroll and spin that mouse wheel 5 times as much as you should have to just to get to the next part of the page lower.

My wife and I think we got food poisoning this week and were violently ill. We think it was the packaged lettuce we ate with dinner. I’m ok but she’s still recovering. 🤢

• Vomit 1

My workweek is 4 x 10, Mon-Thu.  Normally I come into the office Tue-Wed and work from home Mon & Thu.  But we got a call from Spectrum saying they were doing system upgrades in our neighborhood this week and could have intermittent outages, so I've been in the office all four days.  Which sucks.