Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

People who pay for things with checks at the grocery store, during the busiest time of the afternoon, in the 7 items or less lane. Thank you for not only being a troglodyte, but for being completely inconsiderate to everyone else around you. If you're going to pay for three tubs of cool whip and a box of strawberries with a check, go stand in one of the "I have a cart full of sh*t" lines where everyone expects it to take forever. My 85 year old grandfather can at least use a Debit card, what's so hard about it? I'm a pretty patient person, but this is friggin 2009, let's get with the times. :censored:

I hate this guy. He doesn't get the concept of a buffer pisser either.

Kind of on this topic, I heard a great line from a local comedian (first name Bob, last name lost to the dim recesses of my brain...and that's pretty dim!) He was in the rest room before a show and he accidentally splashed water on the front of his pants while washing his hands. A fellow comedian dared him to go out on stage like that and come up with a punch line to explain it. The dare was accepted. Bob goes out on stage, apologizes for his appearance and says he was in the rest room and had to leave quickly. He was standing there taking care of business when a guy walks up to the urinal next to him, looks over and says, " Nice d**k". God, what a great line...... :lol:

People who pay for things with checks at the grocery store, during the busiest time of the afternoon, in the 7 items or less lane. Thank you for not only being a troglodyte, but for being completely inconsiderate to everyone else around you. If you're going to pay for three tubs of cool whip and a box of strawberries with a check, go stand in one of the "I have a cart full of sh*t" lines where everyone expects it to take forever. My 85 year old grandfather can at least use a Debit card, what's so hard about it? I'm a pretty patient person, but this is friggin 2009, let's get with the times. :censored:

You're on my bandwagon. I was bitching about this in the complaint thread a couple of weeks back. I would bet any amount of money that the reason people do it is because they don't trust electronic forms of payment.

Get the F out of the stone age you knuckleheads and while you're at it, get your life savings out of your mattress! :angry:

You're on my bandwagon. I was bitching about this in the complaint thread a couple of weeks back. I would bet any amount of money that the reason people do it is because they don't trust electronic forms of payment.

Get the F out of the stone age you knuckleheads and while you're at it, get your life savings out of your mattress! :angry:

Or more likely they don't have the $ to cover the beer and smokes, so they write a bad check waiting for tomorrow's pay day.

Guest Sloth
Kind of on this topic, I heard a great line from a local comedian (first name Bob, last name lost to the dim recesses of my brain...and that's pretty dim!) He was in the rest room before a show and he accidentally splashed water on the front of his pants while washing his hands. A fellow comedian dared him to go out on stage like that and come up with a punch line to explain it. The dare was accepted. Bob goes out on stage, apologizes for his appearance and says he was in the rest room and had to leave quickly. He was standing there taking care of business when a guy walks up to the urinal next to him, looks over and says, " Nice d**k". God, what a great line...... :lol:

That was hilarious! I wish I could be that witty.

You would think for $333K the builder would use his machines to get rid of all the giant rocks in my yard instead of burying them under the clay he pushed around today. Gonna be real fun trying to plant any plants or trees for the next several years. Grrrrrrr!

You would think for $333K the builder would use his machines to get rid of all the giant rocks in my yard instead of burying them under the clay he pushed around today. Gonna be real fun trying to plant any plants or trees for the next several years. Grrrrrrr!

I hear ya. Parts of my yard are so uneven that I can't take my lawn tractor mowing over them. I have to resort to the weed eater to knock them down.

When I have the time, I've thought of doing one of two things - if not both. 1, till the yard until I can at least make it manageable for my lawn mower once the grass has grown, or, 2, plant some trees in those ditches. Water can run down a molehill just so far, but to run into a ditch that is full of trees should theoretically help them to grow that much faster.

As for that $333k, that just doesn't sound right. Sounds to me like you're being hosed on that one.

BTW, congrats on getting out of DC. The Beltway during rush hour is still as brutal as ever and no amount of lane expansion is ever going to fix the problem. It's like the old saying: "Make something idiot-proof, and someone will make a better idiot."

Gas prices rising as the summer vacation season is around the corner. :angry: What a surprise they are going up. I'm sure it is just a coincidence. <_<

As I write this, www.bloomberg.com has oil listed at $61.46 a barrel.

Sorry to get political here, but I have this sick feeling that we're going through Jimmy Carter Part II, and the oil prices are just a symptom of this in spite of an anemic economy.

As I write this, www.bloomberg.com has oil listed at $61.46 a barrel.

Sorry to get political here, but I have this sick feeling that we're going through Jimmy Carter Part II, and the oil prices are just a symptom of this in spite of an anemic economy.

What were oil prices at this time last year? This is a complaint thread, not a be thankful thread.

(Or maybe you bought 1-year futures in May 2008. Then, by all means, complain away!)

Waking up this morning to all this humidity. It's what 92% or something? I feel like I've showered without even turning on the water. :chris:

Try living in Georgia. I can't take the f*cking dog outside without breaking a sweat.

My complaint this week? I turned 30 on Sunday. Yuck.

I was accused by a subway cop this morning of trying to get a free ride. I really don't care all that much since I have a monthly pass and did nothing wrong. It's impossible for me to get a free ride. What bugs me though is that they almost never bother to check on things like this. I can't count the number of times I see people sneaking onto the trains without passes and the drivers could care less. Maybe the subway system out here in Boston wouldn't be as deep in the hole as they are if they actually went after people like this. Hopefully today is the start of a new policy... but I'm sure it's not.

I can't get grass to grow in my back yard, so I mowed a bunch of dirt with grassy patches on Tuesday night and stirred up dirt & dust clouds the size of Texas. I think I'm still coughing from it.

The grass in my yard grows too damn fast. I'm out there cutting it all the freaking time. :)

Grass? What is that?

Isn't that what beatniks smoke to feel groovy?

Oh yeah, my complaint. People here complain about winter saying how they hate to shovel snow. C'mon. You maybe have to shovel here four times a winter...maybe. Yet you have to mow the freakin' lawn every week because it grows so fast.

Did I mention I hate Summer?

I poured a cup of coffee and got in the truck and it was frickin' hazelnut.

I hate frickin' hazelnut coffee.

"Is it impossible to get a cup of coffee-flavored coffee? You can get every other flavor except coffee-flavored coffee! They got mochachino, cappuchino, frappachino, Al Pacino, what the F#$%?"

- Denis Leary