Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Not to sound like I am out of touch and an old fart(which I am on both counts), but what is up with this "+1" crap that is popping up on message boards. I am not sure if it is supposed to mean that you agree with another poster, but if so, can't you just type "great post" or even easier, insert the thumbs up smiley. <_<

I don't usually have much to complain about so i'm never usually in this thread. But the current state of the economy is really starting to bother me. Getting less hours at my job because of lack of business. But thats ok. I have enough money to get by. This week, two of my close friends found themselves to unemployment. A guy who had a decent full-time job and a girl who worked as a waitress. 30 hours a week she worked but since she started just 3 months ago, they let her go, which is understandable. But it just sucks. Then yesterday, my dad was told his company is shutting down. My dad has worked there for like 15 years. Very sad to live through this and see people you care about hurting. It sucks.

I just think it's only going to get worse.

Not to sound like I am out of touch and an old fart(which I am on both counts), but what is up with this "+1" crap that is popping up on message boards. I am not sure if it is supposed to mean that you agree with another poster, but if so, can't you just type "great post" or even easier, insert the thumbs up smiley. <_<

You have a few years on me, so you'll be glad to know that I never have any clue what people are talking about when all this annoying internet speak pops up.

And yes, the thumbs up smiley says it all.

+1.

jk :ph34r:

I'll forgo the usual complaints about the show hosts, but the commercials on WGR drive me crazy. They go to commercial from :20 to :30, from :40 to :50, and from :54 to :00 each hour. If I leave work at 4:20 and get home at 4:50, I hear about 10 minutes of actual programming on my 30 minute drive. Then I'm lucky to get any sports talk at all outside of their repetitive "updates", and not I'm not just talking about the offseason. :thumbdown:

I don't usually have much to complain about so i'm never usually in this thread. But the current state of the economy is really starting to bother me. Getting less hours at my job because of lack of business. But thats ok. I have enough money to get by. This week, two of my close friends found themselves to unemployment. A guy who had a decent full-time job and a girl who worked as a waitress. 30 hours a week she worked but since she started just 3 months ago, they let her go, which is understandable. But it just sucks. Then yesterday, my dad was told his company is shutting down. My dad has worked there for like 15 years. Very sad to live through this and see people you care about hurting. It sucks.

Don't blame me. I didn't vote for Obama.

Really? Was that necessary?

Did you click on the link? It was meant to be serious and funny at the same time.

Also, for schiyats and giggles, did you check out my second post for Complaint Thursday? "Fake Martyr" is quite a story.

It might get worse. There's a lot to fix right now. We over-extended ourselves during the last six years, and well, we can't keep drinking the hangover away, you know? But we're Americans and Canadians, at least mostly on this board, and we'll do what we do: we'll work and pray through it, suffer the bad time, and emerge just fine.

I hope your dad and friends are able to bounce back. I'll bet they do. But yeah, it still sux.

My complaint is that as much as I want to like the guy, Crosschecking still doesn't get that politics and religion are issues that are best left unmentioned in the world of the internet. I'm a member of a few boards where the mods try to keep it mature, and if there's two things that makes forums turn to sh*t shows, it's politics and religion. Grown men, who could be best internet pals, posting in fits of rage, slinging insults at one another.

Here's the way I see it: If you can't post with out mentioning either of the two, then don't post at all. Because there is no way either topic can be discussed in a mature manner, anywhere on the internet, because someone will always be offended or take it too seriously.

My complaint is that as much as I want to like the guy, Crosschecking still doesn't get that politics and religion are issues that are best left unmentioned in the world of the internet. I'm a member of a few boards where the mods try to keep it mature, and if there's two things that makes forums turn to sh*t shows, it's politics and religion. Grown men, who could be best internet pals, posting in fits of rage, slinging insults at one another.

Here's the way I see it: If you can't post with out mentioning either of the two, then don't post at all. Because there is no way either topic can be discussed in a mature manner, anywhere on the internet, because someone will always be offended or take it too seriously.

You really have come in to your own. I enjoy your opinions. That is my anticomplaint.

Well, what can I say? That's why this thread is called "Complaint Thursday". It's a free-for-all.

A few weeks ago, someone other than me complained about Gov. David Patterson. I may be the sore thumb sometimes, but there are others who either fly under the radar or get a pass.

My downstairs neighbors now call in noise complaints just about every night while I'm watching Seinfeld. Nevermind the fact that I've got it so low that I can barely hear it... IT'S SEINFELD! How much noise can that show possibly make?

My downstairs neighbors now call in noise complaints just about every night while I'm watching Seinfeld. Nevermind the fact that I've got it so low that I can barely hear it... IT'S SEINFELD! How much noise can that show possibly make?

I don't know. Next to "nothing"? :unsure:

You really have come in to your own. I enjoy your opinions. That is my anticomplaint.

daww thanks! (i think :ph34r: )

Well, what can I say? That's why this thread is called "Complaint Thursday". It's a free-for-all.

A few weeks ago, someone other than me complained about Gov. David Patterson. I may be the sore thumb sometimes, but there are others who either fly under the radar or get a pass.

I remember the Gov. Patterson comment, but it went relatively un-discussed and most aren't repeat offenders when it comes to posting things that may touch a nerve. Your posts have a special way of getting to people, I am sorry to say.

I don't know. Next to "nothing"? :unsure:

:lol: "how much noise do you make?" "NOTHING!"

Actually I bet Jerry Seinfeld's high pitched whining probably touches some sensitive frequency in sleeping humans, similar to a dog whistle. They can't help but run wildly to the phone, slobbering all over, to file a noise complaint.

Well, I'll start off Complaint Thursday with no complaint actually...

I started working at my new job two weeks ago. I absolutely love my new job. I am working on a dedicated account that keeps me busy, which is a far cry from the job that I left. Even in what appears to be a moribund economy, my company is well-positioned when it comes to hauling freight and they are financially stable as well. This was the same company where I started off as a trucker about 6 years ago. In retrospect, I wish I had never left them in the first place to work for what I will nicely call an "also-ran". The only downside is that I am only home long enough for a 34 hour restart.

Speaking of the trucking industry, here's an article that seems to accurately gauge the economy based on the number of trucks that are on the road. Granted, I normally don't like MSNBC, but this article backs up what the trade publications are saying.

Ok, now that I think about it, after having written all of that, I do have a complaint: I-81 in Virginia. Most parts of that 324-mile stretch of highway are death traps.

Ok, now that I think about it, after having written all of that, I do have a complaint: I-81 in Virginia. Most parts of that 324-mile stretch of highway are death traps.

make sure you watch especially around Roanoke. That stretch right there is brutal. Everytime I go by I see at least one accident.