Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Being sick, i swear when i was fat and out of shape i never got sick, since i lost 50 lbs over the last 2 years every little flu bug i get and it knocks me out. Plus because i am sick now everyone thinks its Swine flu, no @sshole i am sick because its 80 degrees one day, and 40 the next! :censored:

Injuries.... not sure if it has been noted here, but Chris Drury played the last six games with a broken hand. As one article says: Chris Drury may not be everyone's idea of a leader, but playing six playoff games with a broken hand will keep the 'C' on your sweater for a while.

Injuries.... not sure if it has been noted here, but Chris Drury played the last six games with a broken hand. As one article says: Chris Drury may not be everyone's idea of a leader, but playing six playoff games with a broken hand will keep the 'C' on your sweater for a while.

Like what happened with Joe Thornton in Boston?

Chris Drury is special kind of player, no doubt.....but 7+ million for numbers less than Pomminstein and two postseasons with the Rangers where he's puttered out with injury. (he broke ribs last year in the second round?)

Next year he's 33 with 3 years left.

New York has to wonder about return on investment.

Chris Drury is special kind of player, no doubt.....but 7+ million for numbers less than Pomminstein and two postseasons with the Rangers where he's puttered out with injury. (he broke ribs last year in the second round?)

Next year he's 33 with 3 years left.

New York has to wonder about return on investment.

But it was his boyhood dream to.... ahh Fug it.

At that price tag, he is a waste of cap space.

But it was his boyhood dream to.... ahh Fug it.

At that price tag, he is a waste of cap space.

Would you take him back in 11-12 at the age of 36 for 5 mil? Or as a FA in the summer of 2012 for under 4 providing he isn't retired or completely broken down? I don't think he'll retire before 40, and he'll want to do it with the Rangers, so he'd probably take a huge pay cut to do it.

I'm turning 30 next Tuesday (yes, my b-day is on Cinco De Mayo). I'll never be in my 20's again :cry:

I also have an 11 yr. old daughter, and a soon to be 4 yr. old daughter.

I know 30 isn't "old" , but Jesus Henry Christ I feel old !!

Second complaint - Guys who use HGH (I'm looking at you, Ink <_< ).

This has to be photoshopped you freak of nature.

Hey, SDS, you know the creator of this website was the first one to bring them up. It's not like I go barn storming websites boasting of my calves.

My complaint is.... boyfriends and gift giving.

My suggestion: Date older men, with tattoos and large calves. (completely unbiased, btw)

Ink is free that night.

Ink has 4 tickets to the show. I'll be tailgating with el crusho, bcardona, and spndnchz.

Too bad you only worked on the one leg.

See below.

He's going with his brother, the one with the large left calve.

Ditto.

post-151-1241152885_thumbjpg

I'm pretty sure I have the only cubicle in my office that doesn't have a hook to hang up a jacket. I don't care all that much, it just seems strange.

And here it is again, why the hell do young, completely healthy people need to use an elevator to go up/down one floor (especially down one floor)? With all this "going green" stuff that is everywhere now, can't they work the elevator thing into that?

I'm going to complain about people complaining.

As I've gotten older, I try to be more positive about things and stop complaining about everything that doesn't go my way. However, I continually hear complaints from co-workers and family members about the same thing over & over again. If it's out of your control, then suck it up and deal with it. If it's something you can do something about, then STFU and do something about it.

I mulched half my landscaping on sunday, went back bought more bags of mulch 2 days later. Same brand and it looks totally different. Chunk size is so small compared to the first bag, and it makes the color look darker.

Now I get to buy more and spend more time this weekend messing around with it.

Also related to yard work...

I wanted to buy a lawn mower online. Just as I am all ready to enter my credit card number it says can't ship outside of California. Why didn't they tell me that up front while I was doing all the lawn mower research.

F%#& California !!!!!

I'm going to complain about people complaining.

As I've gotten older, I try to be more positive about things and stop complaining about everything that doesn't go my way. However, I continually hear complaints from co-workers and family members about the same thing over & over again. If it's out of your control, then suck it up and deal with it. If it's something you can do something about, then STFU and do something about it.

You're in dangerous waters here. :chris:

Lack of word from our front office on the direction that they intend to take the team. I am not asking them to show all their cards but I would like to hear what they intend to do to make the franchise better. Pique my interest.

The nickel and diming here at work... we've had this swamp water coffee machine for years, but it was free. We got a fancy new one today, with a "50 cents per 7 oz cup" slot. Starbucks is cheaper than that!

The nickel and diming here at work... we've had this swamp water coffee machine for years, but it was free. We got a fancy new one today, with a "50 cents per 7 oz cup" slot. Starbucks is cheaper than that!

No one should ever have to pay for coffee at work.

Bring in your own and put it next to that one. BYO grounds.

No one should ever have to pay for coffee at work.

Bring in your own and put it next to that one. BYO grounds.

Ha... one meeting later and now our health insurance is going up. Ten minutes earlier, in the same meeting, the said that we made record profits this quarter..... but our health costs are going up? They went on to tell us we need to exercise more because they're worried about our health. Translated? Stop costing us money!

So technically he'd still be paying for the coffee.

Sure, but it's the principle of the matter.

Ha... one meeting later and now our health insurance is going up. Ten minutes earlier, in the same meeting, the said that we made record profits this quarter..... but our health costs are going up? They went on to tell us we need to exercise more because they're worried about our health. Translated? Stop costing us money!

Gotta love it. The place I was working at before I went back to school was turning profit like no one's business, but because their sister companies weren't doing well, it cost everyone at this place their year end bonus, even though they had been working their off and more than quadrupled their production rates. Hard work doesn't always pay off unfortunately, and it hurts everyone except the guys telling you you won't be getting a bonus this year.

Sure, but it's the principle of the matter.

Yeah, and I've done that stuff in the past. I tend to think it just breeds unwanted confrontation these days. No one is going to change because I decide to haul in my own coffee pot. I might bring in a French press and keep it at the desk. Not trying to be jerk, but still saving a couple dollars a day.

Gotta love it. The place I was working at before I went back to school was turning profit like no one's business, but because their sister companies weren't doing well, it cost everyone at this place their year end bonus, even though they had been working their off and more than quadrupled their production rates. Hard work doesn't always pay off unfortunately, and it hurts everyone except the guys telling you you won't be getting a bonus this year.

It's just frustrating. We were bought a year ago and all (yes all) of our benefits have been cut by the new parent company. Insurance, refreshments, flex spending, COL increases, telecommuting - all of it. We've even been cut back on development hardware and we use that to do our jobs. At the same time, the *parent* company increased their benefits a little. So at every one of these meetings they tell us how excellent our benefits are. Since we're based out of state, all of the higher ups have offices here in Atlanta as well... chock full of state of the art computer hardware that's used once every six months. I'm using a 17" screen to write software all day and they told me to bring in my own monitor if I want to use something better.

I'm wired to work my ass off. Nights. Weekends. I feel like I'm not earning my salary if I don't get it done. Having yet another cut is kind of a kick to the nuts. I need to start a small business, at least I control my own direction that way. If I fail miserably, I can blame myself!

Ok! Sorry for the rant... I feel better now, though!! :thumbsup: