Baseless Rumormongering: Reports that Terry Pegula is selling ALL teams other than the Bills

matter2003

• matter2003 changed the title to Reports that Terry Pegula is selling ALL teams other than the Bills

First of all, that is a tweet from a place called 12ozsports.com. They reference having multiple sources, but none of them are named. There is nothing confirming this anywhere. Not even a hint of it.

• Thanks (+1) 1

[This is an automated response]

The topic title is potentially misleading. Accurate titles help the community find topics relevant to their interests and avoids reader frustration. Please change the topic title to more accurately reflect content of the original post.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate. 

Thank you.

• nfreeman changed the title to Baseless Rumormongering: Reports that Terry Pegula is selling ALL teams other than the Bills

My favourite thing about this hogwash is how, if you actually click through and read what’s there, this is a rumour that’s focused on the Rochester Knighthawks.

Knighthawks to be sold!! (Sabres to be sold as well.)

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Remember when I hypothesized about a local billionaire who likes the Sabres? Who knew??

You're really citing this tweet in an "I told you so" victory lap?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

You're really citing this tweet in an "I told you so" victory lap?

No, I'm just sharing what I saw online. At least it's a name. Chris Sacca really is a billionaire who grew up in WNY. I have no idea who frickin' Tony the Tailer is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Sacca

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Quick Google search for Chris Sacca shows no other stories linking him to the Sabres.

i hope that is the case. he is financially brilliant. does good charity work. but is a bit of a weird and eccentric guy that would make the sabres about things other than the sabres. 

this sure is fun gossip though!

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Quick Google search for Chris Sacca shows no other stories linking him to the Sabres.

Quick Twitter search has TonytheTailer as the only account saying this. Looking at some of the replies, I do wonder if it’s some super subtle form of satire.

20 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Quick Twitter search has TonytheTailer as the only account saying this. Looking at some of the replies, I do wonder if it’s some super subtle form of satire.

Is he friends with Tony the Tiger? If he is, they're great! 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Big Guava said:

Someone confirming that it isn't "baseless rumormongering" I assume?

Effectively Wawrow is stating the last NHL approved interested party in the Sabres was flat out declined 6 months ago. Sounds more like a buyer hunting for a team versus a seller looking to unload

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1