Adams & Granato to return?

inkman

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

The teams in Tampa, highly doubt that decision would get leaked now and that it's been made. Adams will do exit interviews first, although I could see assistants getting cut tomorrow. 

That's if they actually are proactive which i doubt. 

Fires Ralph. Trades Eichel. Trades Sam. Trades Risto. Hires top-notch analytics team (presumably). Trades for Byrum. Trades Casey.

I understand that fans don't think he has done enough, but he has done big things. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

5 minutes ago, SDS said:

Fires Ralph. Trades Eichel. Trades Sam. Trades Risto. Hires top-notch analytics team (presumably). Trades for Byrum. Trades Casey.

I understand that fans don't think he has done enough, but he has done big things. 

Which one of those moves was proactive or aggressive? Eichel took months on months to trade. So did Mittelstadt. Ralph took a 12 game losing streak. 

Adams is slow to move, doesn't mean he doesn't move. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Which one of those moves was proactive or aggressive? Eichel took months on months to trade. So did Mittelstadt. Ralph took a 12 game losing streak. 

Really??? That's your criticism?

32 minutes ago, SDS said:

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You both need to move on. Adams doesn't do things quickly. That's a statement of fact. 

@PromoTheRobot shows a pattern, he moves slowly as in the Eichel trade. Unsure why you're overreacting like this. 

This is hilarious to me btw. I suggest Adams won't make a snap call and fire his coaches who in Tampa tonight, I get two posters questioning my characterization of him. Weird. 

54 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

also most of those moves were 3 years ago 

31 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The criticism is that the team has been bad for 4 years and bad the 9 years before that

28 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

You both need to move on. Adams doesn't do things quickly. That's a statement of fact. 

@PromoTheRobot shows a pattern, he moves slowly as in the Eichel trade. Unsure why you're overreacting like this. 

This is hilarious to me btw. I suggest Adams won't make a snap call and fire his coaches who in Tampa tonight, I get two posters questioning my characterization of him. Weird. 

Ya I mean he certainly has a few sizeable moves to his name but sometimes people just have zero interest in relative comparison. He’s been here 4 years. The amount of transactions most others teams make has dwarfed him. He makes some moves but I wouldn’t think “proactive” is something that comes to mind where Kevyn is concerned 

Lack of replacing Quinn a good microcosm 

He’s proactive with handing out contracts 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SDS said:

4 years under his watch and 0 playoffs, Lindy Ruff was just fired in his 4th season for only making the playoffs once and we give our GM going on 5 years.

Least of my concerns is the on ice developments.  

Everyone under Granato has improved and developed.  Careers were saved - Dahlin and Thompson and now UPL. Benson had a fine year under Granato as an 18 year old.   

We deliberately focused on trying to be more responsible defensively and I do think overall we were.   

But it cost us offense.  Maybe they were good with that.  I think you have to be much better on faceoffs to be significantly better defensively.  Helps in the O zone but especially in your own.  We suck at face offs.  The PP sucked that was one reason why.  Major reason.  

I think Clifton got better as the year went on.  And it’s not Granatos fault outside of him and Dahlin no one wants to hit and Samuelson is made of glass.  

You want a hard team to play against you can’t build that team with 18-23 year olds still finding their way.   

The biggest issue:

Granato at start of games - team isn’t always ready.  And terrible in game adjustments.  

The captain was a loser that clearly let the pouting over the fan reaction persist.  Unacceptable.  Tuch disappointing on that front to.  It’s no wonder Tage and Dylan said we let outside noise get to us - that’s what they meant.  Was there way of saying “we messed that up.”  

Granato has done an overall admirable job but it isn’t good enough.  I just don’t care either way bc apparently you just fire coaches whenever so who cares if he starts the season.  Just fire him if we start 3-8. 

The collective mental toughness is a problem - only if it’s the result of the players failing to rise up to the moment of winning a game in February you have to have.  But if it’s just too much youth and lack of physical toughness bc they’re young and don’t deadlift we can fix that.  

If it’s the former then that’s coaching, and lack of respected leadership.  

I think you can keep Donnie if this team had legit alphas as Captain and 3rd and 4th lines that change games and take pressure off the top 6.  

Need a new 3rd line C.  And a new 4th line.  And one tough d man.  

Let Granato work with a better constructed and older roster and I’m ok with that.  But his leash is short.  Let’s see what everyone is made of.  

Edited by Second Line Center
  • Like (+1) 2
  • dislike 1

I’m obviously interested but I don’t feel particularly invested in who they keep or who they fire.

I like the people well enough and I think the assets are here to make the kind of step the Canucks took this year and the Devils took last year.

(If people don’t remember Vancouver had 83 points last year and the bubble was their only playoff appearance over the previous 8 seasons; the Devils had 63 points and had missed 4 straight and 9 out of 10.)

Just make it happen. I don’t care how. I’ll judge you on the results.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, Second Line Center said:

Everyone under Granato has improved and developed.  Careers were saved - Dahlin and Thompson and now UPL. Benson had a fine year under Granato as an 18 year old.   

We deliberately focused on trying to be more responsible defensively and I do think overall we were.   

But it cost us offense.  Maybe they were good with that.  I think you have to be much better on faceoffs to be significantly better defensively.  Helps in the O zone but especially in your own.  We suck at face offs.  The PP sucked that was one reason why.  Major reason.  

I think Clifton got better as the year went on.  And it’s not Granatos fault outside of him and Dahlin no one wants to hit and Samuelson is made of glass.  

You want a hard team to play against you can’t build that team with 18-23 year olds still finding their way.   

The biggest issue:

Granato at start of games - team isn’t always ready.  And terrible in game adjustments.  

The captain was a loser that clearly let the pouting over the fan reaction persist.  Unacceptable.  Tuch disappointing on that front to.  It’s no wonder Tage and Dylan said we let outside noise get to us - that’s what they meant.  Was there way of saying “we messed that up.”  

Granato has done an overall admirable job but it isn’t good enough.  I just don’t care either way bc apparently you just fire coaches whenever so who cares if he starts the season.  Just fire him if we start 3-8. 

The collective mental toughness is a problem - only if it’s the result of the players failing to rise up to the moment of winning a game in February you have to have.  But if it’s just too much youth and lack of physical toughness bc they’re young and don’t deadlift we can fix that.  

I think you can keep Donnie if this team had legit alphas as Captain and 3rd and 4th lines that change games and take pressure off the top 6.  

Let Granato work with a better constructed and older roster and I’m ok with that.  But his leash is short.  Let’s see what everyone is made of.  

I’d rather see a new coaching staff come in during the offseason and the team have a chance to adjust. DG had his time and did what he could with what he had. Time to move on with him, his staff, and a couple players.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Second Line Center said:

The biggest issue:

He's been here over 3 years and never made the playoffs. The entire team regressed this year after he decided to change his system. This fanbase is so downtrodden that they accept his losing trash coaching. Granato should be fired and Adams close behind. They've failed. 

3 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

KA will return. No idea if DG will be back. If he is, does DG keep the same assistants?

If he does it shows how this org is weak, slow to change, and overall pathetic. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

No. The Sabres are bad. They need changes. 

No we wouldn't. We'd have won 2-3 more games. We're bad offensively. 

I’m a little confused by this. They’d have won 2-3 more games? You realize three wins would have put them ahead going into the final game.

I think those that want change may be happy before Friday.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • dislike 1

I'm not interested in the "youth" anymore, I think you can start flipping guys for proven veterans and overhaul the team. I'm not saying they all need to go but, relying on guys that may never pan out... Probably not a good plan! 

On top of that... This team needs a proven head coach and GM. There should be no delay in this, as there are guys out there!

35 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

He's been here over 3 years and never made the playoffs. The entire team regressed this year after he decided to change his system. This fanbase is so downtrodden that they accept his losing trash coaching. Granato should be fired and Adams close behind. They've failed. 

If he does it shows how this org is weak, slow to change, and overall pathetic. 

They weren't expected to make the playoffs these three years, they were doing a total rebuild. Some of you need to step back and rethink your comments. Unless of course you thought we would be in the playoffs the last three years while we were revamping the lineup and developing the youngest team in the league. Right.

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • dislike 1

25 minutes ago, Sabres73 said:

They weren't expected to make the playoffs these three years, they were doing a total rebuild. Some of you need to step back and rethink your comments. Unless of course you thought we would be in the playoffs the last three years while we were revamping the lineup and developing the youngest team in the league. Right.

At the beginning of the season the coach and GM explicitly said that playoffs was the expectation this season.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

14 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

No. The Sabres are bad. They need changes. 

No we wouldn't. We'd have won 2-3 more games. We're bad offensively. 

You really think a healthy Quinn all year would only win us 2-3 more games?  I’m guessing he would’ve scored 30 plus this year (if he never got hurt and had to come back twice).  He changes the dynamic of the entire offense as the 2nd line winger and PP unit. 

• Agree 1
  • dislike 1

1 minute ago, Weave said:

At the beginning of the season the coach and GM explicitly said that playoffs was the expectation this season.

Yes they did, and I thought they would make it as well - it was a bit disappointing, but again - people need to look at the big picture. And my point stands, there were no expectations of a playoff run the previous three years.

• dislike 1

15 hours ago, dudacek said:

I think public relations demands some form of sacrificial lamb, but I doubt he has it in him.

Oh please please please let Matt Ellis be the Matt Ellis of fired assistant coaches.

10 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Please be true please be true please be true please be true please be true Please be true please be true please be true

I'll believe it when I see it. 👀  We've been weaved this fairytale before.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1