Sam Reinhart - 50 goal scorer

Big Guava

His shooting percentage is somewhere around 26%… unsustainable in the long run, but he’s having one of those years where everything just seems to go in.

Still falls down too much tho.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, pi2000 said:

His shooting percentage is somewhere around 26%… unsustainable in the long run, but he’s having one of those years where everything just seems to go in.

Still falls down too much tho.

In the long run? The season is almost over he been doing it for a long run.

Currently talented hands and determined net-front presence, obviously flourishing on a GOOD team. Amazing (and likely not replicable) PP production. 

Previously skilled but "slow/weak" C/W tweener on a mediocre team. Probably mismanaged, in retrospect. Showed flashes. 

• Disagree 1
  • dislike 1

2 hours ago, postseasonblues said:

Congrats to Sam, 50 goals is still a major achievement in the NFL. The 50 goals may be a one time thing, but he has also but up 232 points in 231 games for the Panthers.

50 goals in the NFL is almost impossible 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Big Guava said:

That just is like a kick in the nuts.

Where was that production here?

Could he be the 3rd significant player in recent memory to leave the Sabres and win a cup?  He has the team but Bob is struggling in goal now.

Isn't it his contract year? How many times have we seen that...player has huge year gets big contract and all life happily ever after (except of course their production then drops way off and they are traded for a bag of hockey pucks and someone to be named later to Arizona with some other team retaining half the player's salary)... 

right, because we wouldn't want a player scoring 50 goals in a contract year. That would be awful. Let's keep our 15-20 goal scorers instead. How are our big contract players doing?

Edited by nucci
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, Night Train said:

Sabres are just a farm team. They leave to succeed. 

When you think about it, you can assemble a pretty good and balanced team if you put together some of the ex-Sabres still playing in the league.  Guys with talent or toughness, etc.  Just a few of those names include:  Eichel, Reinhart, O'Reilly, Ulmark, Montour, Mittelstadt, Deslauriers, Foligno, Kane, Compher, McNabb, Hall, Meyers, Zadorov, Risto, etc.

I realize some of these guys left as UFA's and others were never going to succeed here (even if they stayed). 

14 hours ago, Thorny said:

The “we won the trade” stuff was ridiculously premature 

He also leads the entire NHL in PPG with 27...think we could use that here?

He has as many PPG by himself as the top 6 Sabres do this season.

SMFH.

• Like (+1) 1

Not sure him being a really good player is a surprise to people   was consistent on the Sabres, the exact type of player they need on their PP right now. 

Willing to stand in front of the net and take a beating, toughness matched with elite hand-eye co-ordination.

The current sabers have a guy with the size but but not the courage to stand in front of the net - Tuch

and a guy willing to stand in front of the net but nowhere near the skill of Samon - Greenway.

Hopefully Levi and Kulich will eventually damped the pain once they become NHL regulars

In the future, I could see Thompson being a 50 goal scorer.  He was pretty close last season.  I could even see UPL winning a Vezina.  The one I obviously care about the most is "Stanley Cup Champion."  For various reasons, all of these guys needed to be moved, so no sense looking backwards.  What the team needs to do is fix the underlying issues so that the current crop of star players isn't also needing to be moved within the next couple of years.  The team is good enough right now to keep the core in place going into next season (meaning they're closer to the playoffs than the best lottery odds), but if next season is yet again another playoff-less experience, guys will start wanting out.  It's critical that they get it right.  Many on this board want Granato and staff gone now.  I'm OK with giving Granato until Thanksgiving, although he MUST bring in some help to coach the power play.  The defense, goaltending, and penalty kill are much improved from last season and the first half of this season, but goal scoring was down.  I'd like to see if they can put it all together next season.  I don't know if it will happen, but they've committed to a path with this group and I'm OK with giving it one more chance to see it through.  Of course, this is easy for me to say, because I don't live in Buffalo anymore, so I have not committed thousands of dollars to season tickets.  My $11 per month to ESPN+ isn't breaking the bank.

Edited by msw2112
  • Like (+1) 3

Reinhart was always a good player, even as a young kid you could see the talent and skill, he just needed to get stronger and more experience. 

He is in his prime right now at 27.  He left Buffalo at 24, just at the start of prime years for a forward.  

Mitts wont score 50, but I expect a breakout year from him next season if he stays in Colorado.  

• Like (+1) 3

Nothing against Sam he wanted to be here long-term but the Management didn't like him for some reason.

Wish him nothing but the best 

30 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

and Mitts is tearing it up in Colorado...

I wouldn't say that ... he's playing good though 

1 hour ago, Alaska John said:

The difference is that Reinhart wants to be there.  He didn't want to come to Buffalo and he never consistently put forth full effort.  

Ok that's horse ***** lol 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Alaska John said:

The difference is that Reinhart wants to be there.  He didn't want to come to Buffalo and he never consistently put forth full effort.  

This is a boldface lie. Prove any of this. 

• Like (+1) 1