GDT / Buffalo Sabres @ Calgary Flames Sunday 3/24 9pm ESPN + MSG & WGR Radio

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Buffalo is 1.2 MM

Buffalo's population also doesn't include any of Southern Ontario or Rochester, so a little deceiving relative to hockey fans. 

Calgary MSA is about 1.4M. And it's 75 miles from the nearest notable city...Red Deer. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TheAud said:

Buffalo's population also doesn't include any of Southern Ontario or Rochester, so a little deceiving relative to hockey fans. 

Calgary MSA is about 1.4M. And it's 75 miles from the nearest notable city...Red Deer. 

Google says Calgary is now 1.6 as of 2024. When I lived there many years ago it was about 700k

Boy Calgary sure are a mess...and they can thank the wonderful Treliving for that...who of course was fired then imediately hired by the Leafs like he was some sort of GM -God...funny how GM's and coaches get recycled over and over.

On another note, this was a goo dwin and they are still methemtically in the hunt though Washington is really pushing hard. Would have to beat the Caps both games we play them in April for any chance. I do worry that thus wil only give cause for GMKA to spew how th eteam showed promise and were "almost there" and it'll be another year of Meatballs and his merry clan of assistants (oh man that is a scary thought...) 

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

These kids just won't quit!

Well, they actually did quit against Edmonton. I guess they decided ti play again this game. Who knows what they will be like when the get home. 

Edited by Sidc3000
  • Agree 1

I hope they learned something from the game winning goal. There was no play to be made so Tage dumped it in and got after it. I’m not arguing for us to go away from being a puck possession team to become a dump and chase team, but we would be so much better if our best offensive players developed better discretion on when it just makes sense to get the puck deep. 

Edited by Archie Lee