GDT / Buffalo Sabres @ Calgary Flames Sunday 3/24 9pm ESPN + MSG & WGR Radio

Untitled.thumb.jpg.6074e30ffb117457407dfa9e581978db.jpg

Buffalo Sabres (33-33-5) vs. Calgary Flames (33-30-5)

The NHL betting action continues on Sunday, March 24, with this interconference clash when the Buffalo Sabres travel to take on the Calgary Flames at the Scotiabank Saddledome in Calgary, Alberta. The puck drops at 9:00 p.m.

This is the second meeting of the season between these clubs. The Flames earned the victory in the first meeting this season, winning in Buffalo on October 19, 4-3. Calgary was a slight favorite in that contest (-122), but enter as a slight underdog in this game (-105).

TOP PERFORMERS: Blake Coleman has 28 goals and 23 assists for the Flames. Yegor Sharangovich has seven goals and four assists over the last 10 games.

Peterka has scored 23 goals with 19 assists for the Sabres. Jeff Skinner has four goals and two assists over the last 10 games.

https://www.foxsports.com/articles/nhl/sabres-visit-the-flames-after-peterkas-2goal-game

Edited by Shoot da Puck

• Shoot da Puck changed the title to GDT / Buffalo Sabres @ Calgary Flames Sunday 3/24 9pm ESPN + MSG & WGR Radio

Caps then Isles winning and Sabres flaming out would go a long way toward ending it.

Kinda surprised Thorny is giving up so soon. I don't see how the Sabres' spot is that much more hopeless than when he laid out his case.

Sabres have two home games against Washington and Washington's schedule is tough, for example. Wings' sked is even worse and Sabres still play them.

And if the Sabres do enough to get past both the Wings and Caps, the Isles and Devs shouldn't be a factor.

9-2 could get it done.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Caps then Isles winning and Sabres flaming out would go a long way toward ending it.

Kinda surprised Thorny is giving up so soon. I don't see how the Sabres' spot is that much more hopeless than when he laid out his case.

Sabres have two home games against Washington and Washington's schedule is tough, for example. Wings' sked is even worse and Sabres still play them.

And if the Sabres do enough to get past both the Wings and Caps, the Isles and Devs shouldn't be a factor.

9-2 could get it done.

The Sabres will be playing meaningful games into April.  As long as there is a mathematical chance they have as good a chance as any other team that they are close to in the standings.  There is still a lot of hockey to be played here.  Never give up.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

The Sabres will be playing meaningful games into April.  As long as there is a mathematical chance they have as good a chance as any other team that they are close to in the standings.  There is still a lot of hockey to be played here.  Never give up.

Thank you.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

9-2 could get it done.

Because there’s less runway. We have to go 9-1-1 at worst to make it, that’s 90 points and cutoff is currently 92

its over 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

They only have as good a chance as Pittsburgh, maybe New Jersey. And they all have slim to nil. 

If the only requirement for meaningful games is not being mathematically yet eliminated the sens are playing meaningful games 

Edited by Thorny

5 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Because there’s less runway. We have to go 9-1-1 at worst to make it, that’s 90 points and cutoff is currently 92

its over 

Cutoff? It's a made up moving target. I never understood why you used season point pace and not last 10 games or... Something else.

11 minutes ago, SwampD said:

This feels like a Sabre 7-3 win. Not sure why.

Absolutely. It's what they do.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, SwampD said:

This feels like a Sabre 7-3 win. Not sure why.

This will 100% happen. Everytime i have quit on the sabres this year they pull me back in. I expect us to be alive until the final week in the season. They live on torturing thier fans. 

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

Cutoff? It's a made up moving target. I never understood why you used season point pace and not last 10 games or... Something else.

Absolutely. It's what they do.

Because there is a team pacing for 92, a team pacing for 90, and a team pacing for 88. The chances one doesn’t hit 90 is exceptionally unlikely

89 won’t do it, 9-2 won’t do it. 9-1-1 at minimum and that probably doesn’t do it

it is over  

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, OverPowerYou said:

This will 100% happen. Everytime i have quit on the sabres this year they pull me back in. I expect us to be alive until the final week in the season. They live on torturing thier fans. 

I'll go perhaps farther than you and say the Sabres will get within one to three points of a berth before falling short. The Florida finish will be the coup de gras.

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I'll go perhaps farther than you and say the Sabres will get within one to three points of a berth before falling short. The Florida finish will be the coup de gras.

Zero chance 

If we are factoring in games in hand 

Alex Tuch was saying “we’ll get there, don’t worry, yUNGest team is the league!!1”’ a few days ago. It was over, then

Edited by Thorny
  • Agree 1

Yep they will probably finish strrong to give everyone hope and save everybody's jobs for next year and cue KA to say that "we made good progress and next year should be even better: blah blah blah... but on the other hand (as Randy Travis once said)...maybe there is still some hope

Edited by sabrefanday1

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Zero chance 

If we are factoring in games in hand 

Given how the Wings have been playing, falling short of their season pace in the last 11 games is reasonable. So let's say they get 11 points. The Caps have been coming on but their SOS is a problem for them. So 13 points for them. My cutoff is lower than yours.

It's happening.

• Haha (+1) 2