GDT / Buffalo Sabres @ Toronto Leafs Weds 7pm TNT & WGR Radio

The Sabres seem to play well against the Leafs. Over the drought, at least somewhat recently, they have better showings against Toronto than they do agains other team that are that far ahead of them in the standings.  Toronto is the better team, but when Buffalo plays them, I almost think of it as a 50-50 game whether than win or lose.  

I think Toronto has matchup problems against young teams with a lot of raw talent.  Those teams tend to make Toronto work, and the Leafs don't like that.  Tononto likes it when they can 'out-talent' a team just by showing up.  I'm not saying Buffalo has better all-around players, but in terms of pure 'stick talent' and 'skating talent', no matter how raw it is...the Sabres have that.  Toronto seems to like playing teams like Winnipeg, or Dallas, that are very good, all around, hard working teams...but teams they have more talent than on paper. Toronto has Struggled against Chicago, Buffalo, Ottawa, Columbus...teams that aren't that good but are very young and 'don't know any better'.

However, Every once in a while though, the Sabres put up a clunker against Toronto.  I have no reason to think tonight will be the night for one of those other than it feels like 'they are due' for one against Toronto.

1 hour ago, thewookie1 said:

And yet we still beat them at great frequency

We sure show them every season, don’t we!

We are a gnat on their ass.  They don’t even notice it. The emotion is strictly one way.

Edited by Weave
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WhenWillItEnd66 said:

I think we get our ass kicked tonight and we can officially move on from this playoff pipe dream we have this year. 13 years and counting in a league where 1/2 the teams go to the playoffs is straight disgusting. I am disgusted as a fan that ownership lets this happen. But, unfortunately i will be sitting my old ass in front of the TV tonight watching the Titanic sink for the 13th time....LOL 

Hard to look away from a train wreck.

Actually, got to watch the Sabers Jets game Sunday night here in Pennsylvania on Fubo. It was a close game till 3rd period until their PP and 6k fizzled out. Jets played a heavy game and Sabers looked tired by the halfway point in the 3rd period.  Would really help if they could balance the minutes more across their D pairings and forward lines in these multiple games over short # of days. 

Since I don't get to see many games live, I appreciate all the posters here who highlight their play good and bad. It keeps me reasonably current on the pulse of the team. 

I hope they show up with one tonight for another Leafs raking.

Blow Leafs Blow.    

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, R_Dudley said:

Actually, got to watch the Sabers Jets game Sunday night here in Pennsylvania on Fubo. It was a close game till 3rd period until their PP and 6k fizzled out. Jets played a heavy game and Sabers looked tired by the halfway point in the 3rd period.  Would really help if they could balance the minutes more across their D pairings and forward lines in these multiple games over short # of days. 

Since I don't get to see many games live, I appreciate all the posters here who highlight their play good and bad. It keeps me reasonably current on the pulse of the team. 

I hope they show up with one tonight for another Leafs raking.

Blow Leafs Blow.    

what's a heavy game?