GDT / Buffalo Sabres @ Toronto Leafs Weds 7pm TNT & WGR Radio

4 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Are you calling me a clown? Classy.

I did watch the whole game. And actually, the Leafs only got the first 6 shots on goal, not 9.

I know how to watch hockey, and if the outcome of the game was determined by SOG,... well, we would have lost that, too.

None of that has anything to do with the fact that no shots in the first 15 minutes of a game is not encouraging at any level, especially against a sick Leafs team. Nobody changes the goalposts like you.

Time for a break. I'm tired of people pissing on my leg and telling me it's raining.

You pointed out that the Sabres got no shots in the first 15 minutes. So what! Toronto controlled the play when the game began, then the tide turned the other way. It's the standard ebb and flow of a hockey game. You point out that some Toronto players were sick. So what! Our most productive offensive player (Mitts) was dealt before the game. This game was relatively even that was tied after three periods. 

In general, the team played hard and well. They lost in OT and gained a point. If you want to characterize this game in a negative light, then that is your prerogative. If you didn't see any positive play in this game, then so be it. I saw this game differently. If you have problems with the divergence in opinion, big freaking deal.

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

You pointed out that the Sabres got no shots in the first 15 minutes. So what! Toronto controlled the play when the game began, then the tide turned the other way. It's the standard ebb and flow of a hockey game. You point out that some Toronto players were sick. So what! Our most productive offensive player (Mitts) was dealt before the game. This game was relatively even that was tied after three periods. 

In general, the team played hard and well. They lost in OT and gained a point. If you want to characterize this game in a negative light, then that is your prerogative. If you didn't see any positive play in this game, then so be it. I saw this game differently. If you have problems with the divergence in opinion, big freaking deal.

Sure seems like you do as well.

Seeing as slow starts are a continuing issue with this team, I cannot find the fact that it happened again encouraging. That was not a well played game by either team. Even the announcers commented on that fact.

We got a point. Yay.

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

Sure seems like you do as well.

Seeing as slow starts are a continuing issue with this team, I cannot find the fact that it happened again encouraging. That was not a well played game by either team. Even the announcers commented on that fact.

We got a point. Yay.

There wasn't much of a flow to the game because neither team allowed much space when the other team had the puck. Both teams played a hard and tight game. If you think about it, the style of play of tight checking and more focus on defense is more associated with playoff hockey than regular season hockey. For me, maybe not for you and many others, that alteration in style of play in itself was a positive takeaway. 

Where I disagree with your original comment is that you took a portion of the game (the beginning) and made it seem that it represented how the Sabres, in general, played that game. It didn't, at least as I see it. Our goalie continued his quality play, our blue line unit played well, and the lines played a tight and hard game all the way through. I consider that to be encouraging. You and the majority of others don't. Different eyes and different views.