GDT / Winnipeg Jets @ Buffalo Sabres Sun. 3/3/24( MSG/ WGR Radio

Robinson when asked how it got away from them: "Playing not to lose...felt like we were just trying to hold on to it...can't do that against good teams." Refreshing honesty.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

7 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Dahlin’s on the table if he can get someone else that will actually make this team better.

Hes not as good as he thinks he is.

Any player is tradable at this point. 13 years of no playoffs. I don’t care if they all get traded at this point. I have no attachment to any of them. 

Edited by OverPowerYou
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Dahlin’s on the table if he can get someone else that will actually make this team better.

Hes not as good as he thinks he is.

Who is this player? Can’t wait to hear the answer. Remember Dahlin is not that good according to you so it can’t be any of the top players in the league.

13 minutes ago, Believer said:

For the right pieces, they all should be on the table except UPL, imo.

Listening to Adams on the pregame show, didn’t sound like he was going to do much. Maybe give KO and Girgenson a chance with contenders if they want it.

He’ll be a Norris trophy winner next year on a different team. 

The problem is the organization. Pegula doesn’t want to spend big on two franchises. 

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

The hard work will be in July and at the draft. Some top level prospects absolutely have to get traded for real NHL players. This team hangs on for dear life too many times in the third

I hear the same thing every year, then nothing gets done.  It is beyond frustrating. They need another Turgeon for Lafontaine or Gratton for Briere trade to put some juice in this team.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Hey! Where you been?

Grew tired of watching this team for the past 5 years. I watched them tonight for a bit, reminded me of why I stopped watchin them. 

Mostly just lurking here n there. How have you been?

I see we're 2-1, I'm positive that we have a chance. I have an important assignment to turn in tonight, I shut off my streaming tab, telling myself that hey, let me focus on this assignment that's due, and then afterwards I can check the score and see what happened. The monkey brain sees things to be going both ways, so I think that if I work hard here, I'll benefit there... the Sabres will win. Enthusiastically afterwards, I open up the score expecting another three win winstreak, and wow, I see a 5-2. We won, 5-2! Wait... no... We conceded 4 in the third period. A day, ended. Good night.

Edited by lowsabre
not really that annoyed lol, dramatic effect. but good night folks
  • Like (+1) 2

First game I've attended in 10 years tbh...and they looked a little gassed on back half of b2b home games. I have Bills seasons, but have always found the Sabres home experience to be absolutely depressing since I came back to the area in 2012 (left in 1996...loved The Aud). Those Sabres games in 80s and 90s were ELITE gameday experiences.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Crusader1969 said:

Wookie, did you watch that play near the end of the game ??? You have cozens battling 2 jets and Tuch just standing there.   he won't stand in front of the net and battle on the PP and has now been replaced by KO and Greeenway.  - both who do have the courage.   When your 6'4 vet winger played soft , what message does that send the youngsters ? 

I don't think he played slow; I think he was out of juice and just didn't engage quick enough. 

Some of you guys just have this borderline obsession with finding scapegoats and chasing them out of town. Tuch has done very good in his time in Buffalo; just because he's not literally running through the boards 24/7 doesn't mean he's shot and needs to be dealt.

Tonight was a better team with slightly more rest beating a lesser and less experienced one. Nothing absurd, nothing over the top.   

1 hour ago, Believer said:

Practices not rigorous?… Strength & Conditioning not enough cardio?

Whatever it is, it is a Sabre problem… Jets played last night and never looked gassed all night… They set the tone with a fast, physical game… We  didn’t respond.

1 hour ago, Ducky said:

The Jets' game started at 12:30 EST yesterday.

FWIW The Jets were at their Hotel in Buffalo even before the Sabres Game started yesterday 

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

Who is this player? Can’t wait to hear the answer. Remember Dahlin is not that good according to you so it can’t be any of the top players in the league.

I never said that. I said he wasn’t as good as he thinks he is.

He’s supposed to be elite,… even generational, to some.

We have yet to see him take over a game, something generational players do.

Tonight, he had the puck along the boards, down by one, his only job is to clear the zone. His lazy play ended up in the net. Game over. Not the play of an elite player.

2 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

They had a one goal lead, running on fumes, with UPL holding the fort for as long as he could against a much better team. It felt inevitable that it would not end well. And it didn't.

Running on fumes.. that’s fine. This team has an excuse for everything I guess. They are perhaps the youngest team in the league and they can’t get it together to play hockey for 60 minutes. All right fine. Too much to ask to show everyone something and hold a lead.

49 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I never said that. I said he wasn’t as good as he thinks he is.

He’s supposed to be elite,… even generational, to some.

We have yet to see him take over a game, something generational players do.

Tonight, he had the puck along the boards, down by one, his only job is to clear the zone. His lazy play ended up in the net. Game over. Not the play of an elite player.

I'm with you. I think. As good as Dahlin is I don't think he's as good as he should be. Not consistently. 

• Agree 2