GDT: Knights @ Sabres 3-2-2024 7pm ESPN+ Hulu

images.jpg.0f1ab76d04757ce9189482e2c1064d27.jpg

images.jpg.6ad2783efee2492c66528aafa5fa0f52.jpg

Vegas Golden Knights (33-20-7, second in the Pacific Division) vs. Buffalo Sabres (28-28-4, sixth in the Atlantic Division)

Buffalo, New York; Saturday, 7 p.m. EST

BOTTOM LINE: The Vegas Golden Knights visit the Buffalo Sabres after the Sabres defeated the Tampa Bay Lightning 3-2 in overtime.

Buffalo has gone 13-16-1 in home games and 28-28-4 overall. The Sabres have a 26-6-2 record in games they score three or more goals.

Vegas has a 33-20-7 record overall and a 14-11-5 record on the road. The Golden Knights have gone 29-6-5 in games they score at least three goals.

The teams play Saturday for the second time this season. The Sabres won the last meeting 5-2.

• Like (+1) 1

Good team, but not as good as Florida. They can be beat. Might get Eichel back, but they are still 4w-6L in their last 10....10w-12L since the beginning of 2024. 

This is a definite "Can win" for the Sabres, and if they want the fanbase to keep thinking they have turned the corner into a better team, a 'should win' game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

• spndnchz changed the title to GDT: Knights @ Sabres 3-2-2024 7pm ESPN+ Hulu

I see ESPN+ as a streaming option, which is good for me if true.  

What network is covering it? 

BTW, we can beat these guys.  I expect to see them play inspired home ice hockey.  

Once they get healthy they are still the team to beat, league wide: but we’ll see a very banged up Vegas squad today, Eichel or no. Combined with our much-improved results of late, I’ll stay on my little prediction train and keep with the idea I don’t see this run here to wrap up finishing any time soon. It’s a shame the first 4 months of the season count, too, but I maintain things will get very interesting mathematically very soon.

As long as UPL more less remains a brick wall accounting for our defensive lapses and scoring struggles, I think the timely scoring continues and therefore this run right up until about game 82. Pretty reasonable shot here to outpace the other teams aiming for 8th. With wins in the 2 we have in hand, and a win when we play the lightning again, we are only 4 points back and likely have the tiebreaker.

Can we outplay Tampa to the tune of 4 points over the course of the other 19 games? It’s really that simple. If we do so, and win the mere 3 I mentioned, I don’t see the other contenders matching that pace 

Tampa probably goes 10-9

We could go 12-7

add in the 3 wins I mentioned: 15-7

W W L 

W W L

W W L

W W L

W W L

W W L

W W L

W

…we don’t even have to win 3 in a row. We’ve seen their refusal to give up down 1 in the 3rd, I’d wager their third period comebacks are rising the ranks. We’ve seen what UPL is doing. And we’ve seen what this team plays like when the pressure is off (admittedly, it might switch back ON at some point, and that’ll be the real test)

Tampa looked disinterested. Maybe they’ve “been there before” one too many times. Washington is pacing for 90 points.

There’s a window for us to get in at 90 this year: that’s the rub 

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

I see ESPN+ as a streaming option, which is good for me if true.  

What network is covering it? 

BTW, we can beat these guys.  I expect to see them play inspired home ice hockey.  

An ESPN Crew is doing the game 

• Vomit 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

What the bleep is granato doing to Krebs? He’s finally showing his potential and he puts him back with the plugs? Mark Stone will gladly have him as a line mate. I don’t get it.

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

If they aren’t willing to tie their careers to Levi’s ability to be good next year, they really, really should bring in a compliment to UPL next season 

I think they need a third guy regardless. Make it a competition between Levi and the new guy. Levi is waiver exempt if the battle is close and he can dominate the AHL until an injury happens or the backup falters.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I think they need a third guy regardless. Make it a competition between Levi and the new guy. Levi is waiver exempt if the battle is close and he can dominate the AHL until an injury happens or the backup falters.

Agree, don’t see why they would leave it to chance when the stakes are so high 

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

How’s this work? If you’re in greater Buffalo, can you watch on ESPN+? 

Sorry - I should obviously know this by now.

I think so and sure hope so. When the game is on MSG though, ESPN will be blacked out.

• Thanks (+1) 1