GDT/ Buffalo Sabres @ Florida Panthers Tues Feb27th 7pm ESPN+ and WGR Radio

Shoot da Puck

1 minute ago, Big Guava said:

Pretty much the same game we saw them lose to them down the stretch last year that for all intents and purposes killed their playoff chances. Same score too.

yep....seems like nothing ever changes. 

23 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

He's a mobile big guy not a stand in front of the net big guy. 

Then he shouldn't be on PP1 as the guy who should be standing in front of the net.   If we can all see he won't do it, why doesn't DG and Ellis?

22 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

None of our so-called big men have the courage to do this.....we have to depend on our little 18-year old to get it done.  Thanks GMKA! 😡

KO battles in front of the net. He deserves a lot of credit for what he is doing on PP2 

37 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Yeah he got a bench penalty. Screaming at the ref on a blatant penalty.

Yes, clearly nothing happened earlier that led to Granato losing it like Benson taking a textbook wrestling suplex and somehow getting called for holding. And it wasn't like the penalty called on Benson (who apparently must be the single dirtiest player in hockey history with the way he gets penalties every single game) wasn't the direct result of Montour tripping him or anything.

Edited by sabremike
  • Like (+1) 1

I don't usually bitch about refs as these things are mostly subjective lines and often even out over a season BUT boy were those refs one sided in favor of Florida tonight!  

Phantom call on Benson was weird. Then the Clifton call was just him holding his ground and the guy's own stick came up in his own face so like wtf look at the video ref. All that led to the ridiculous 5 on 3 and I don't fault Granato at all there. He should have been on them all game though. I would have lost it if it was me. Pure bs all night and Florida really don't need the help do they. 

That Cousins is a real piece of crap turd of a player. Greenway gave him a shot, fair enough, but he makes like he's been shot, fakes an injury and then jumps up and rather than going after Greenway jumps the smallest guy he can find in the scrum. Garbage hockey and I hope they remember that and somebody takes it to him next time we meet. He needs a target on him. 

and what's with Tkachuk and that mouth guard chew? How many of those does he go through in a year? Somebody buy that guy a binky. 

idk, but this game made me really dislike Florida. I suppose since we finally look more like a real hockey team it opens things up to me seeing a team like that as a bunch of punks that need a smack. I hope next season we have a team that can deliver that. Hate on Florida! That is all. 

Edited by PerreaultForever
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • dislike 1

1 hour ago, rickshaw said:

I think this goes back to coaching. I really believe they are coached not to hit so they can keep moving. It’s a flawed system no doubt.

Except outside of Clifton and Greenway who hits?  Cozens when he’s fired up?  Granato may be over his head but this team needs a heart transplant.  They play on the fringes.  

23 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Sabres are not physical enough to be a playoff team, dont have enough nasty to go with skill players... they need a Killorn type guy... hoping they draft lingren in 1st and sign someone... need a Barnaby and a Peca type.

Or Tkachuk 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

56 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I don't usually bitch about refs as these things are mostly subjective lines and often even out over a season BUT boy were those refs one sided in favor of Florida tonight!  

Phantom call on Benson was weird. Then the Clifton call was just him holding his ground and the guy's own stick came up in his own face so like wtf look at the video ref. All that led to the ridiculous 5 on 3 and I don't fault Granato at all there. He should have been on them all game though. I would have lost it if it was me. Pure bs all night and Florida really don't need the help do they. 

That Cousins is a real piece of crap turd of a player. Greenway gave him a shot, fair enough, but he makes like he's been shot, fakes an injury and then jumps up and rather than going after Greenway jumps the smallest guy he can find in the scrum. Garbage hockey and I hope they remember that and somebody takes it to him next time we meet. He needs a target on him. 

and what's with Tkachuk and that mouth guard chew? How many of those does he go through in a year? Somebody buy that guy a binky. 

idk, but this game made me really dislike Florida. I suppose since we finally look more like a real hockey team it opens things up to me seeing a team like that as a bunch of punks that need a smack. I hope next season we have a team that can deliver that. Hate on Florida! That is all. 

What you call punks I see as grit.  Bennet, Ekblad, Tkachuk had the Sabres second guessing and looking over their shoulders all night.  Team with no courage. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Getpucksdeep said:

Never forget, ham sandwich hammered for a full season that Evan Rodriguez was an "ahl player".

Also all these ex-sabres on FL are complimentary parts not leaders. Similar to Vegas.

Tkachuk, Barkov, Ekbald are very strong leaders that set the tone for their team (so softies like Reinhart and Montour can play their pretty game).  The Sabres have Okposo, Thompson and Dahlin to match that? Standings make complete sense.

But it’s the coach!! 😀

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, inkman said:

What you call punks I see as grit.  Bennet, Ekblad, Tkachuk had the Sabres second guessing and looking over their shoulders all night.  Team with no courage. 

It is "grit" but it's not true. They really are just punks if you stand up to them. Look at Cousins faking his injury. That's not grit. Greenway showed grit there, not Cousins. They are not that tough, they are just dirty. Bunch of weasels. We just need more Greenways (and tougher) and we will flip the script. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

It is "grit" but it's not true. They really are just punks if you stand up to them. Look at Cousins faking his injury. That's not grit. Greenway showed grit there, not Cousins. They are not that tough, they are just dirty. Bunch of weasels. We just need more Greenways (and tougher) and we will flip the script. 

Cousins is a punk.  Greenway finally playing like we need him to.  Other guys I mentioned imposed their will on the Sabres. 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Further compounded by the fact that Tkachuk was too scared to drop the gloves against Tage of all people 

Then again Tkachuk is always like that 

Which makes him a wimp 

8 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I’ve disliked them since they got Tkachuk, he added an element they didn’t have and elevated their swagger. He will not drop the gloves like Brady, which frustrates opponents even more.

I dislike their cocky, in your face attitude but it helps them win games.

I want the Sabres to get grittier, KA needs to replace the current 4th line with Hathaway, Clutterbuck, Lafferty, Goodrow types.

At the very least playing these guys more often should thicken the skin of the current softer guys and get them playing a bit tougher. Games like this can help galvanize the team and create a them vs the world mentality.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Frustrating game.... some quick thoughts and observations....

- This team is softer than charmin and they all need their man cards taken away. (I know this is not news of the world)

- PP - ok we scored a PP goal, but our PP in the 3rd we had 5 guys all on the perimeter and not one player for the whole 2 mins on both PP went to the front of the net. That is totally unacceptable!! Especially when you are losing. 

- This team IS playing better!!! Unfortunately like last year, it is a little too late. 

- 6K is the real deal. Finally a starting minder!!!! If he was like this all season we would be in a playoff spot right now!

- Granato had a right to be pissed, and the officiating totally blew that call. Benson was being knocked to the ice by a Florida player, he did not trip the other Florida player. That call was trash. 

- KA failed this team by being afraid to make progressive decisions to make the team better when it counted. Him waiting for the deadline is not helping the team this year. He is and will always be a status quo and will not be able to move outside his crappy plan. 

Again, more fun watching a game when there is nothing on the line. Lets face it, there is absolutely zero on the line for this team for the rest of the year. We may have a chance next year if 6K continues his incredible play, but it will only be because of that. It will not be cause of anything KA does or this team which will now be known as the Buffalo Charmin. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1