Rumor: Brady Tkachuk available

Buffalonill

23 minutes ago, Weave said:

Dahlin hasn’t done that in quite awhile.  Frankly, I think it is out of character for him.  It always looked forced to me.  I want a couple of guys who smile before they do it.

I can’t think of a dirty thing they have done.

He loves to reverse check and certainly gets into it with opposing players at times.

Benson definitely strikes me as an annoyance, little love tap at the end of the Vegas game and his love of getting his head into all sorts of problems. Krebs is rambunctious, unsure if he’d be dirty. Cozens is more of the clean tougher player but isn’t above fighting back.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

I lost all respect for Scheifele for that.  He knew exactly what part of the boot to hit to injure him, he could have slashed him in the shin guards to make a point, but he tried to injure.  And he did it nonchalantly to keep it under the radar from the refs.   He did it because Dahlin threw two big time reverse checks on that shift and flattened a few Jets.  

Scheifele is no tough guy, he has a few fights and he always gets  destroyed.   I hope Dahlin takes him on in the next meeting.   

Scheifele might not be tough but he’s chippy.  A pain in the butt to play against.  I want those players. Not the guy you see flailing to the ice grimacing in pain.  

22 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

I want players that would have decked that punk for that slash.

I want BOTH. The instigators AND the defenders. 

I would be happier if our "plan" was to be more like Florida with a balance of that sort of thing rather than Toronto or New Jersey who we seem to be emulating more. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

He loves to reverse check and certainly gets into it with opposing players at times.

Benson definitely strikes me as an annoyance, little love tap at the end of the Vegas game and his love of getting his head into all sorts of problems. Krebs is rambunctious, unsure if he’d be dirty. Cozens is more of the clean tougher player but isn’t above fighting back.

OK?  And still we we backed down from a Mark Scheifele level bully.  Wow.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/2/2024 at 3:23 PM, mjd1001 said:

It would be hard for me to disagree on more of this if I wanted to.  Other than them needing to get into the playoffs that is.

To me this is a game. Its entertainment. People play this game...not ones I can always relate to their lifestyle, but they are people.  I do not want ANYONE's goal to make someone else's life worse, I can't even relate to that thought at all.  I do not want to root for a team that only cares about winning at the expense of feelings or safety of other people...really?  

Again, the sport is entertaiment. Played by people I don't in any world want MORE people in our society to care less for others, to want to hurt others...any of that just for the sake of 'winning' at something that has zero other impact on my life other than a few hours of entertainment per week.

13 seasons of minimal to no entertainment. I've had enough as well. This was the year it was going to change wasn't it??? What about next year? Or the year after to hear GM Kevyn tell it, or current coach Don Granato? As long as this "dynamic duo" remains at the reins of this club, I am expecting no playoffs. Despite the talent assembled. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, eman said:

13 seasons of minimal to no entertainment. I've had enough as well. This was the year it was going to change wasn't it??? What about next year? Or the year after to hear GM Kevyn tell it, or current coach Don Granato? As long as this "dynamic duo" remains at the reins of this club, I am expecting no playoffs. Despite the talent assembled. 

I guess we are all fans in a different way. Entertainment for me happens on a night-to-night basis.  I'm not in the "win-at-all-cost-or-make-changes" crowd.  If I watch their game and they play well, great! If they don't...then I'll just wait until the next game. For the I WANT the Sabres to do well, but is something I only think about when watching a game or posting here, I don't dwell on the losses the way I used to.

13 hours ago, shrader said:

The whole point of a slash like that is you do it when no one is looking. 

I think the message is designed to be seen by the other Sabres on the ice and bench.  I don't believe for a second that the other players did not see it or at least were told about it.

2 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

I think the message is designed to be seen by the other Sabres on the ice and bench.  I don't believe for a second that the other players did not see it or at least were told about it.

I’m up for anything that might change the culture.  I’d fart on a rabbit’s foot if I thought it would do anything other than make me a couple $$$ on onlyfans.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

“Hey look at me, I’m a little bitch who hacks at ankles.” Yeah, I don’t think you want other people seeing that. 

16 hours ago, Pimlach said:

I lost all respect for Scheifele for that.  He knew exactly what part of the boot to hit to injure him, he could have slashed him in the shin guards to make a point, but he tried to injure.  And he did it nonchalantly to keep it under the radar from the refs.   He did it because Dahlin threw two big time reverse checks on that shift and flattened a few Jets.  

Scheifele is no tough guy, he has a few fights and he always gets  destroyed.   I hope Dahlin takes him on in the next meeting.   

Great explanation of exactly why I respect him for doing that.

We need guys that do this.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Mr. Allen said:

Do we have anyone like Matt Rempe in the system?  

Dude is 6’7”.  240 lbs.  A monster.  

He will be out of the league in 2 years .

And yes the great brett murray 😞

Edited by Buffalonill

5 hours ago, SwampD said:

Great explanation of exactly why I respect him for doing that.

We need guys that do this.

I would respect a face to face confrontation and then drop them.  A slash to the boot when behind him, and then quietly skate away is the act of a coward, it was in the 1960-70's and it still is.   

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

I would respect a face to face confrontation and then drop them.  A slash to the boot when behind him, and then quietly skate away is the act of a coward, it was in the 1960-70's and it still is.   

And it still happens every game, just not caught by the tv crew.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

31 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Maybe he was looking for a confrontation and didn’t get it?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

11 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Brett Murray is not a comparable....no where close to Rempe from a toughness standpoint.  Much slower than Rempe as well.

I was making A joke .

Rempe is just the hot "new" thing He will sizzle out like they all do

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I was making A joke .

Rempe is just the hot "new" thing He will sizzle out like they all do

Perhaps, but Brett Murray will never generate this much excitement as Rempe (for as long as it lasts) 🙂

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Weave said:

Maybe he was looking for a confrontation and didn’t get it?

Watch the replay.  Who looks for a confrontation after disabling someone with a hit from behind?   He quietly skulked away like a kid who got away with something. 

Coward move.   You guys defending it surprise me.  

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

And it still happens every game, just not caught by the tv crew.

No it does not.  Not like that.  

11 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Watch the replay.  Who looks for a confrontation after disabling someone with a hit from behind?   He quietly skulked away like a kid who got away with something. 

But there are things that happen after the whistle. The Sabres are almost always in the receiving / losing end of those shenanigans.  I’d prefer they be the ones doling out the BS rather than constantly being victims.  

23 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Sure.

• Thanks (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, inkman said:

But there are things that happen after the whistle. The Sabres are almost always in the receiving / losing end of those shenanigans.  I’d prefer they be the ones doling out the BS rather than constantly being victims.  

That stuff really does happen all the time. It's not even that big of a deal. I wish the Sabres did it more.

• Thanks (+1) 1