Rumor: Brady Tkachuk available

Buffalonill

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Peterka? Quinn?  

I don't have them as "prospects". They are kids but with our team they are already full time roster players. Peterka can clearly play at the NHL level and be effective. Quinn I'm not going to judge this year due to the long injury. He's not where Peterka is and I'm not as enamored by his play as some are but I'm going to wait to see what he brings next year (assuming he's healthy).

I was talking about Rosen, and Rousek, Kulich, pretty much everybody we called up over the year. 

17 hours ago, ska-T Chitown said:

I assumed he meant this year? But, ya know ... ***** and such is the saying.

16 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I don't have them as "prospects". They are kids but with our team they are already full time roster players. Peterka can clearly play at the NHL level and be effective. Quinn I'm not going to judge this year due to the long injury. He's not where Peterka is and I'm not as enamored by his play as some are but I'm going to wait to see what he brings next year (assuming he's healthy).

I was talking about Rosen, and Rousek, Kulich, pretty much everybody we called up over the year. 

Sorry.  It wasn’t clear. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...

This Tkachuk rumor doesn’t seem to want to go away.  Still seeing reporters talk about possible trade scenarios. 
The guy is 24 years old?   Why would Ottawa want to trade him?  Is he a bad teammate?  Poor attitude? 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mr. Allen said:

This Tkachuk rumor doesn’t seem to want to go away.  Still seeing reporters talk about possible trade scenarios. 
The guy is 24 years old?   Why would Ottawa want to trade him?  Is he a bad teammate?  Poor attitude? 

Why did we trade Eichel?  (Hint:  It had nothing to do with his neck injury).

A lot of hockey fans struggle to see the line between being a self-centred, antagonistic hot-tempered bully and being a focused, competitive, fiery leader. The Tkachuks definitely straddle that line.

Edited by dudacek
  • Thanks (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, ... said:

Call me crazy, misinformed, a luddite, but I don't see this as part of Quinn's game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofQGfTA680s

You are focusing on 1 thing while ignoring others. Quinn is better defensively than Tkachuk. I would wager he will probably score more goals as well because I think Quinn is smarter and has a better shot. In that video there are 16 hits, 5 result in a change of possession and the Sens lost that game. Quinn cuts the hands of the opposition to gain control of the puck and Tkachuk is trying to shoulder check to get control, different approaches with different results but I stand by vehemently what I said. Jack Quinn can be as good as Takchuk. Of course Quinn needs to stay healthy to prove that. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

You are focusing on 1 thing while ignoring others. Quinn is better defensively than Tkachuk. I would wager he will probably score more goals as well because I think Quinn is smarter and has a better shot. In that video there are 16 hits, 5 result in a change of possession and the Sens lost that game. Quinn cuts the hands of the opposition to gain control of the puck and Tkachuk is trying to shoulder check to get control, different approaches with different results but I stand by vehemently what I said. Jack Quinn can be as good as Takchuk. Of course Quinn needs to stay healthy to prove that. 

I just don't think a 1:1 comparison between the two is useful is all. In the end, you're going to rely on them for different roles. Can Quinn be as good as Tkachuk relative to his specific role? I think so, of course. But I'm not sending Quinn out there to crash the net and/or establish a physical presence. You can't ignore this part of the game and the individual roles in that part of the game when assessing "good". 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, ... said:

I just don't think a 1:1 comparison between the two is useful is all. In the end, you're going to rely on them for different roles. Can Quinn be as good as Tkachuk relative to his specific role? I think so, of course. But I'm not sending Quinn out there to crash the net and/or establish a physical presence. You can't ignore this part of the game and the individual roles in that part of the game when assessing "good". 

I guess I just value Quinns ability to take pucks away

9 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Quinn would be more productive but Tkachuk a better teammate. 

I’m not sure I’d trade them 1:1, but I can understand the appeal. I wouldn’t add a kings ransom ontop of Quinn to make it happen tho 

Not only wouldn't I add a kings ransom, I wouldn't trade them straight up. Not a chance.

1 hour ago, Mr. Allen said:

He had a poor attitude and wanted out.  Right?

He didn't want to be part of another rebuild.  Maybe the Ottawa rebuild timing doesn't match up with Tkachuk's timeline.

• Like (+1) 1

We're not talking a Quinn/Tkachuk trade straight up, are we? That'd be a fail. We'd want Tkachuk to be on the same line as Quinn with Cozens in the middle. Now that would be a great second line for the Sabres.

Anyway, if the Tkachuk rumors are still alive, so is the effort to quash them:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10123380-5-dream-trade-landing-spots-for-senators-captain-brady-tkachuk-amid-nhl-rumors

https://senshot.com/posts/we-must-talk-about-the-suggestions-that-the-ottawa-senators-are-shopping-brady-tkachuk-01hzgkgnzqsv

https://thehockeynews.com/news/nhl-rumor-roundup-latest-on-brady-tkachuk-jonathan-marchessault-and-kaapo-kakko

23 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Eh, maybe Kulich.  I think Savoie has more upside.

That is tough to determine right now. Savoie tore up Junior at age 20.  He was in way over his head during AHL playoff games at 19 last year and was scratched down the stretch.  Meanwhile Kulich nearly led the Amerks in playoff scoring last year at age 19.  Jiri, also 20, now has two years of pro under his belt. 

So maybe via draft pedigree you can say Savoie has higher upside, but I would not be surprised if Kulich ended up the better player both short term and long term. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, freester said:

Savoie, Rozen, 2024 1st round pick and Samuelson for Brady Thachuk. 

An absolute no for me. Another issue that many people are not considering is whether he would want to come here.