Tyler Ennis Retires

Thorny

Former Buffalo Sabres forward Tyler Ennis (2008, 1st round, 26th overall) retires from the NHL at 34.

He finished with 700gp, 144 goals, 202 assists, 346 points.

On April 22nd, 2011, he scored the last Great goal in Sabres history:

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

Former Buffalo Sabres forward Tyler Ennis (2008, 1st round, 26th overall) retires from the NHL at 34.

He finished with 700gp, 144 goals, 202 assists, 346 points.

On April 22nd, 2011, he scored the last Great goal in Sabres history:

Hearing Rick hurt a little. I remember where I was and who I was with when the goal was scored. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Full text, auto translated from German:

Tyler Ennis and Adler Mannheim have agreed to an early termination of his contract, which runs until April 30, 2024. Yesterday, Tuesday morning, the former NHL player approached the club management with his decision to end his impressive career and hang up his skates for good. The reason for this decision is the serious neck injury that Ennis sustained in the second leg of the CHL round of 16 against the Rapperswil-Jona Lakers on November 21st. “Yesterday morning, Tyler informed me that he was retiring from hockey. At first I was surprised, but after talking to him for about two hours, I fully understand and support his decision. We were impressed with Tyler's dedication and commitment to recovering from his injury. Tyler's experience, work ethic and personality will be missed in our locker room and our organization. We are proud of Tyler for following his heart and making this brave, personal decision. Tyler has built an amazing career through hard work and persistence. These great qualities will serve Tyler well in his next chapter. We have Tyler’s back and will always be there for him,” said head coach and athletic manager Dallas Eakins. Ennis moved to Mannheim at the end of October after keeping fit in Geneva. Before his engagement in Switzerland for the SCL Tigers and SC Bern, the 1.74 meter tall and 75 kilogram attacker played predominantly in the best league in the world. Ennis played a total of 724 NHL games for Buffalo, Minnesota, Toronto, Ottawa and Edmonton, scoring 148 goals and 210 assists. Ennis himself said of his decision: “After working hard to get healthy with our great team, I ultimately decided to quit hockey. I would like to thank Mr. Hopp, my teammates, the coaches, our medical staff and of course our great fans for their support. I will continue to cheer on the Adler Mannheim vigorously in the future.” We deeply regret Ennis' decision, but we fully understand and wish him all the best in his future life.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.