GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Sun. 6 pm ET, Dec 31, 2023, MSG-B, TSN 📺 WGR 📻

Spoonman

4 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Our fans never learn. They NEVER learn.

If you assembled a team out of players who got run out of this organization they'd be a strong favorite to win the cup. THE TEAM SUCKS BECAUSE THE COACHING STAFF TOTALLY ***** SUCKS.

I'm in full agreement with your post. It has been terrible coaching choices for over a decade now. Too much talent in that dressing room and it is being completely wasted. Sickening.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, eman said:

I'm in full agreement with your post. It has been terrible coaching choices for over a decade now. Too much talent in that dressing room and it is being completely wasted. Sickening.

The Sabres are on pace to have less wins than 2 years ago when they had a measly 32 wins, with essentially the same team. 

That's gotta be the coach 

• Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, TageMVP said:

The Sabres are on pace to have less wins than 2 years ago when they had a measly 32 wins, with essentially the same team. 

That's gotta be the coach 

Absolutely. People are down on Power and I get it, but I won't throw in the towel on the kid because he is talented. He just needs a serious coaching staff tohelp him mature and use the skills he has. Defense has been horse #### with this club for over a decade now and each new coaching staff refuses to address it properly. Again, I believe there is just way too much talent in the dressing room tp be in the spot they're in. It is being completely pissed away with this coaching staff. Any of these young guys moves on from this club and you'll see "what could have been" yet again.

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Past midnight for me not sure what the thing is.  Not watched it, game time was around midnight for me and spend it with my nephews, brother and sister in law.

But ***** me 45 shots and 1 goal, all perimeter shots again?

I watched the Sportsnet highlight package. It was Ottawa chances almost the entire 10 minutes. I was floored to hear how many shots the Sabres had. I can only assume they rarely threatened to score.

5 minutes ago, Weave said:

I’m not so sure anymore.

I dont agree with this. A team doesn't score 296 goals and then all of a sudden can't. The talent is there, you can't even get that many goals without being talented. That's impossible. 

There's far more evidence to blame the coach/GM. 

For Granato: 

He "changed" the system 

He didn't have enough courage to keep trying that defensive system 

He admitted to letting them play how they want (Whats the point of a coach, then?) 

He contradicts himself and goes back to last years "successful" system 

For Adams: 

No grit added 

Doesn't care about goaltending 

In my opinion, this is far more on the Coach and GM than the players. Too many players have INSTANT success the SECOND they leave. 

Call Gallant already. Do something. Show some pulse 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

26 minutes ago, inkman said:

It’s the players jackass 

Loop Trump GIF

Agree on both - it’s the players who have shown they can play, but don’t, AND the former guy who says it best…he is just ‘WRONG’. 😑

3 hours ago, Carmel Corn said:

Sorry, but you're infected with the same hideous disease that the rest of us have.....as hard as we try not to, we keep watching this crap over and over again.  I'm afraid it's terminal.

The beauty of living in BC , aside from all the other reasons. Here, I can check out no problem. On to next season.

Get rid of KA, Granton, all assistant coaches.

I would keep Tage, Tuch, Dahlin, Quinn, Levi and Skinner only because of his contract. Trade everyone else for players with grit that can play. Not bargain basement players and a true #1 goalie and let Levi be the backup for a couple of years 

I f'n hate this hockey team. I really do. WTF is wrong with them? Every year, every time, the names change sometimes but it ends up the same. They came out to play hockey and the Sabres? idk, I guess they wanted to go for a figure skate. Bunch of soft pussies. This was Ottawa. Ottawa! They're not even any good. Their 4th line dominated us. Their 4th line!!!! WTF is wrong with this team.

You know, tons of you won't like this, but for all his talent, sometimes Dahlin is a piece of sh&t defenseman. Fourth Ottawa goal he's standing in front of Levi, doing absolutely nothing but watching, doesn't take the man in front who has all day to make a textbook tip and all Dahlin is doing is watching and screening Levi. Then, and this is the part that really got to me. Then, after the goal is scored, HE shakes his head like it's someone else's fault or the universe conspired against him. No dude, you just didn't earn your pay cause you didn't do anything. 

Ya, I'm drinking tonight. Sue me. idc and I hate this team. Bunch of sh&t waiting for the next flush. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I f'n hate this hockey team. I really do. WTF is wrong with them? Every year, every time, the names change sometimes but it ends up the same. They came out to play hockey and the Sabres? idk, I guess they wanted to go for a figure skate. Bunch of soft pussies. This was Ottawa. Ottawa! They're not even any good. Their 4th line dominated us. Their 4th line!!!! WTF is wrong with this team.

You know, tons of you won't like this, but for all his talent, sometimes Dahlin is a piece of sh&t defenseman. Fourth Ottawa goal he's standing in front of Levi, doing absolutely nothing but watching, doesn't take the man in front who has all day to make a textbook tip and all Dahlin is doing is watching and screening Levi. Then, and this is the part that really got to me. Then, after the goal is scored, HE shakes his head like it's someone else's fault or the universe conspired against him. No dude, you just didn't earn your pay cause you didn't do anything. 

Ya, I'm drinking tonight. Sue me. idc and I hate this team. Bunch of sh&t waiting for the next flush. 

I see no lies 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

zN8OSBV(1).gif.7513877e01c748c1971fb6dcf4660509.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

What I wonder the most is if someone in the dressing room gets really pissed off, yelling at everyone, breaking stuf. Just because he hates being *****. I really hope for that! I haven't noticed that on the ice...

What I think should help the most is if they just realize that this season is lost. They are not going to win two thirds of remaining games. Start to relax a bit. Now they overplay almost every situation meaning they never get a flow in their game.

6 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

The coach publicly stated he will not bench players because he doesn’t want to punish them.

Matt Ellis was a garbage NHL player. Might just be why our PP resembles his playing days.

When Skinner scores he’s an asset. Other than that he’s useless.

Tuch skates big wide circles. Aside from the infrequent goal and poke check, he brings little.

TT does more failed toe drags than shots on net. Still skates like sh!t. 

Get ready for this. Power might actually just suck and be only third pair quality.

Muel is a third pair dman, maybe second.

Krebs is not an NHL player. Greenway is trying out for his next team. Mitts is a third liner. Talented but incapable of another level. KO/Girgs should call it a career after this season.

Levi is not ready to be a starter. UPL is at best a backup.

In total we have Cozens, Quinn, Peterka, Benson, Mitts, Dahlin,, Levi, and R Johnson. These guys possess talent and appear to consistently care. The rest either suck or show up only sometimes.  

Here’s another little issue. Lafontaine and the NDA and the lack of information on TT’s disappearance. TT had a baby. It’s a good thing. You can say a guy is missing time for a baby. The organization’s leadership is shady.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

the lack of information on TT’s disappearance. TT had a baby. It’s a good thing. You can say a guy is missing time for a baby. The organization’s leadership is shady.

They literally did, after baby was born and mom and baby were okay. There's nothing shady there, don't ruin a post that's solid by grasping at straws. For all you know Thompson asked them not to say anything until after. You + joeschmoe need to move on from Tage's kid and stop using that as some dumb ax to grind with the org. That's what's shady and crappy.

Btw, I agree with most of your post. 

Edited by LGR4GM
I can't spell
  • Like (+1) 2

Last night is the first time this entire season that as soon as they got done a goal, I was done.  I had time to watch the game, I started to watch it, but once they were losing, oh well time to find something else.  No one else in the house is up yet this morning except for me so I just might watch the highlights now or the condensed game.

9 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I overall think Dahlin is the best player on this team.  I think last year he should have gotten more Norris consideration and might have been a top 20 player in the entire league last year.  HOWEVER, I agree with you as far as this year.  He started out 'good' but not as good as last year. The past 2 weeks his play has taken a considerably drop.  Frustration? and Injury?  Who knows, but all year he has been a step behind last year's play,and the last 2 weeks he's taken another 2 steps back.

• Agree 2

31 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I overall think Dahlin is the best player on this team.  I think last year he should have gotten more Norris consideration and might have been a top 20 player in the entire league last year.  HOWEVER, I agree with you as far as this year.  He started out 'good' but not as good as last year. The past 2 weeks his play has taken a considerably drop.  Frustration? and Injury?  Who knows, but all year he has been a step behind last year's play,and the last 2 weeks he's taken another 2 steps back.

Maybe because they made him wait a few years for the big payday, whereas Adams gave Power the big contract after one season, completely unnecessary! How'd that work out?

• dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.