GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Sun. 6 pm ET, Dec 31, 2023, MSG-B, TSN 📺 WGR 📻

Spoonman

2 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

I missed it, but I'm guessing it was another good perimeter game against a team willing to throw a body check and go to the crease.

Yep, pretty much.  I would add a lot of shots taken from another zip code, which a pee-wee hockey goalie could stop blindfolded.

1 minute ago, John Tucker said:

My New Year’s resolution is to not pay attention anymore.  Just can’t devote anymore time to this pathetic franchise

My problem is that I would have time to take up something new. I love hockey and get all of the games, maybe I’ll watch other teams more.

I’d hate to be labelled a bandwagon jumper if they ever get decent, I guess I could pull out the ratty Perreault sweater to prove my fanhood.

• Haha (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

There are no trades that are going to solve this, no management or coaching changes on the horizon. This is the team we have, a bunch of soft, skill players that rag-dolled 8 out of 10 games. High pressure, high physical game plan is known league wide to crush the Sabres. And that's just the plain truth.

My question is this, and I'm not joking or being snide when I ask this.....

How much longer before these current players start to lose their love of the game? Because remember, these kids have now known nothing at the NHL level but an environment of losing, of winning nothing. I have no answers, but I see this coming, and we're most likely closer to it than many want to admit. I can't see Dahlin here past next seadon if this continues, that's where I believe the exodus will start 

Sounds like a cancer, doesn't it?

• Like (+1) 1

Yea!!!!  2023 is finally gone.

Have a safe, healthy, and prosperous new year all.

Back when the Hasek Sabres were making long playoff runs, there were a couple of times that the flipping of the calendar literally flipped a switch on their fortunes (once good and once bad).  Here's to hoping.

🍻

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 4

38 minutes ago, jad1 said:

I think you're right.  NHL players want their name on the Cup.  They know their careers are short and and unwilling to waste seasons because of an organization's rank incompetence.  There is a reason NTCs are big in the NHL.

Dahlin will be ready to go in another year.  He will be quieter about it than Eichel.  

Just head a trade rumor with Dahlin going to Anaheim.  Don’t believe it though.  

34 minutes ago, Hawerchuk said:

46 total shots. None of them any good. Can’t believe we saw that many shots that have completely no impact in the game. JFC!!

Perimeter shots that the goalie can see.  

We overpass, never get to the dirty areas, we don’t drive to the net, rarely screen, almost never get a rebound … 

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, French Collection said:

There is too much talent to be this bad. They tease us with beating top teams and then put up stinkers the very next outing.

It just hurts so I have to turn it off. At least I didn’t make my way to Ottawa for this one.

I totally agree.   This is on the coaching.   
Too many examples of coaching changes turning teams 180 degrees almost immediately.  ... Minnesota being the most recent example. 

playing fast is not a system, this team has no identity  , it needs to outwork their opponents by a wide margin to have a chance at winning 

Fire the coaching staff , bring in someone that's done it before and can get these guys to play some sort of system   And for godsake can fix the special teams 

The goddam offense can't score,  the defense can't defend and the goalies can't stop pucks.  The PP and PK are atrocious and it sure looks like the coaches can't coach.  Just utter complacency.  It's so depressing that this is where we are.   I don't see a light at the end of this tunnel.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Sabres will now need to play at a 108 point pace over their final 44 games to surpass their 91 point total from last year 

Any idea of what kind of win % it would take to achieve this?  Ex. win 3 out of every 4?

2 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

The goddam offense can't score,  the defense can't defend and the goalies can't stop pucks.  The PP and PK are atrocious and it sure looks like the coaches can't coach.  Just utter complacency.  It's so depressing that this is where we are.   I don't see a light at the end of this tunnel.

I would add a GM that can't (or won't) make changes to make this team more competitive today (talk about complacency).

7 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

I would add a GM that can't (or won't) make changes to make this team more competitive today (talk about complacency).

You're right, I completely forgot about that *****, probably because of his dereliction of duty.

19 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Any idea of what kind of win % it would take to achieve this?  Ex. win 3 out of every 4?

They’d need to win about 2 of every 3 games 

• Thanks (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, inkman said:

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

Our fans never learn. They NEVER learn.

If you assembled a team out of players who got run out of this organization they'd be a strong favorite to win the cup. THE TEAM SUCKS BECAUSE THE COACHING STAFF TOTALLY ***** SUCKS.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.