GDT: Blue Jackets @ Sabres - Sat. 5 pm ET, Dec 30, 2023, MSG-B, BSOH ๐Ÿ“บ WGR ๐Ÿ“ป

Spoonman

imo this game might tell you everything you need to know about this team and it's character or lack of same. They got totally embarrassed by them last time so they SHOULD come at them with the best game we've seen all year. They SHOULD be mad and want to exact revenge in any and all ways possible. We SHOULD see them at their best. So if they come out flat or drop a turd effort then you will know for sure that the whole thing is broken - again. For sure.ย 

You look at Boston. We beat them, so next time they came in and schooled us with their near perfect defensive shut down game, which is who they are. So we have to do that with Columbus, with what we are.ย 

So what are we? idk. I guess we find out.ย 

1 minute ago, PerreaultForever said:

imo this game might tell you everything you need to know about this team and it's character or lack of same. They got totally embarrassed by them last time so they SHOULD come at them with the best game we've seen all year. They SHOULD be mad and want to exact revenge in any and all ways possible. We SHOULD see them at their best. So if they come out flat or drop a turd effort then you will know for sure that the whole thing is broken - again. For sure.ย 

You look at Boston. We beat them, so next time they came in and schooled us with their near perfect defensive shut down game, which is who they are. So we have to do that with Columbus, with what we are.ย 

So what are we? idk. I guess we find out.ย 

Damn, not another Referendum game..

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

No!!!

Those referendum games are Tuesday's and Thursday's.

Saturday's are "let them eat cake" games. ๐Ÿ˜‰

To the guillotine with these blue jackets, thenย 

got a feeling we pick up the W today, (but heads wonโ€™t roll either way)

• Haha (+1) 1

Odds are that the Sabres will win today. That's not the problem plaguing this team. It's has more to do with the next game after a win and good game. The lack of follow up and consistency is what is most disappointing about this team. If the Sabres win today and then follow up with a win tomorrow against Ottawa, then that would be a positive step. This team has already dug itself in a hole, even before the halfway point. It's got to make a move now just to get within range to be taken seriously. That's what I will be focusing on.ย 

6 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

I must confess I still believe, still believe, that some season the Sabres will make the playoffs -- with as many as 50% of the current players on the roster still on the Sabres (and not just in the NHL).

Sabres need to win at least a .600 pace remainder of the year to have a chance at post season (2 out of 3, and a win streak that exceeds 3 pts).

I too believe.....

image.png.2ca80cbb8e16bf7a6d80e391936c4fa9.png

Iโ€™m not sure how much there is to watch for, in the sense that, as weโ€™ve seen: you are what your record is in totality, much more so than whatever hot steak you go on to finish up a season. How you play over the second half of a season doesnโ€™t necessarily translate to how your team performs to start the next- weโ€™ve just been first-hand witnesses to this.

If we miss the playoffs, and thatโ€™s increasingly looking like the looming reality, the season is a failure, full stop. Nothing else really matters. In that sense, the only way to salvage this from an entertainment perspective is a solid streak that legitimately gets us back in the hunt. While that is very unlikely now, especially considering the teams in between and not just the points gap, itโ€™ll be that happening that drums up interest again from this viewer. And, frankly, drums up viewing in general from this consumer.

However, I think Iโ€™m at the point where Iโ€™m ready to shelve the anger (considering this was such a critical season for the rebuild heading in) that has arisen. Itโ€™s been shockingly disappointing - but it hasnโ€™t been so bad so as to make me back down from my long-held stance that the GM should get a second shot at making the dance after failing once. Itโ€™s looking like try 1 failed, yes, but I donโ€™t see much happening this season yet that necessarily has to put a damper on Adamsโ€™ ability to shift this into a playoff roster for next season.

Not saying he does it, and some pessimism admittedly arrises from pondering his ability to pull it off, but optimism arises from the fact that in a league where half the teams makes the playoffs, we absolutely have the necessary pieces in place to the tune that anyone with even mediocre competence could right the ship for next season.

Playoffs this year are a lost cost barring something exceptional, but playoffs next year are imminently attainable if we grab the bull by the horns.

Frankly, KA needs operate as if heโ€™s on the clock right now re: the moves heโ€™d presumably be looking to in the offseason. Use all this runway from now until then to shift this team into something real for next season. Whatever moves can be found. Next year is year 5. He should be desperate. He should be managing for his job.ย 

• Agree 1

An homage to Columbusโ€ฆ.

Dearest Mother,

ย ย Having missed our last battle due to personal matters, and the men falling at the hands of the most hated New England regimen, itโ€™s required for me to bring canon fire to this Army from Ohio. ย We learned today that Brigadier General Granato will not be engaged in the fight. ย In his place, Colonel Seth Appert will lead the resistance, joining us from his unit in Rochester. ย ย As we prepare for a winter campaign that will take us through a gauntlet of dismay in the East, itโ€™s most important to have a decisive victory at home. ย My resolve is strong.

ย 

Captain Tage Thomas

100th volunteer infantry regimentย 

IMG_0168.thumb.jpeg.06cf04762982bbee2a9c267282df8924.jpeg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, inkman said:

Has a player missing a game ever benefited this bunch of losers? ย I feel like the other team could ice their entire AHL lineup and this team will lose.ย 

Maybe so, but not against our AHL coach tonight.

Wishing Don a swift recovery as well as his brother.

Edited by Cityo'Rasmii
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

Mash Wasps

So adding to the FACT based nature of this site, without fear or favor.

Not mashed, but for generations, families across Japan have hunted, raised and eaten wasps, an age-old delicacy.

I am impressed you know that @Doohickieย (nah, you didn't....)

image.png.87b581b3572d2a41a77e5fcfdbc26c6c.png

https://www.splendidtable.org/story/2019/02/08/the-japanese-tradition-of-raising-and-eating-wasps

ย 

• Vomit 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.