WJC 2023 Tourney Updates and Sabres Notes

LGR4GM

8 hours ago, kas23 said:

How’s Benson looking?

Well the guy I wanted them to pick (Nate Danielson) looked pretty good as did the guy @LGR4GM told me was a horrible pick (Maveric Lamoureux) so I had a good day 🙂

Östlund is a really good skater but he looks really small. Slight of frame you might say. Needs to grow a lot. But he has skills. 

Where's the poop about Canada ??

Their undrafted goalie (2 times a brides maid, but never a bride) Rousseau (Mooseheads goalie - I have watched him play a few times - he is good - not sure why he had not been drafted) stood on his head and 2 saves of the tourney so far - one was the save of his life on a 2 on 0.

Edited by Sabres Fan in NS

Canada dominated the Latvian game which wasn't much of a surprise. Cellebrini is really fast and shifty. Great passer. He looks like the real deal, at least in a one sided game anyway. Savoie was fine but hard to judge here. He definitely looks like more of a potential play maker than scorer, at least at this stage. If I was to critique him I'd say he tries to be too fancy and make one move too many, too many attempts at the perfect play rather than just straight ahead drive the net. He has to learn to keep it simple and shoot more or he won't transition well and might end up as an in betweener. But he was fine and the competition was lousy. 

Besides Cellebrini I thought Geekie and Wood were good for Canada. Arizona's probably happy watching this stuff so far.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.