Things more fun than watching the Sabres

LGR4GM

13 hours ago, Thorny said:

The time between when the plane lands and when they actually start letting people off, when everyone starts standing around in front of their seats and in the aisle awkwardly while personal space is routinely invaded 

You forgot the part about smelling their B.O.

This board has taken a decidedly overwhelming negative tone lately. Almost all the threads are have cringeworthy headlines/content. I know, we've gone through 12 years of this ***** and we've had it. We care too much. We're trying to make lemonade out of lemons. Except the lemons are rancid. OK. I know things look bad right now. We've blown off steam from the 9-4 loss. Get over it. It's a long season and things can rebound once they get the injured players back and if KA will get off his keester and get us a #1 goalie.

Edited by Quint
  • Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Quint said:

This board has taken a decidedly overwhelming negative tone lately. Almost all the threads are have cringeworthy headlines/content. I know, we've gone through 12 years of this ***** and we've had it. We care too much. We're trying to make lemonade out of lemons. Except the lemons are rancid. OK. I know things look bad right now. We've blown off steam from the 9-4 loss. Get over it. It's a long season and things can rebound once they get the injured players back and if KA will get off his keester and get us a #1 goalie.

To carry that take anywhere...

jaws smoking GIF

7 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Not real basketball for me unless they finally start calling travelling in the NBA, also its a no defense league.

I used to love the NBA as a little kid.  I was at the end of the Bird and Johnson era (remember it a little but not much) but on weekends if the NBA was on, I was watching it.

Stopped for a while and a few years ago I tried it again.  I'm trying to not be an 'old guy' here, but the game is WAY different and a lot worse.  it seems to me that 90% of the time the ball is just being walked up the court really slow...then they take a little while to set up the half court game, attempt an isolation and the only play is really within a few seconds of the shot clock going off.

Where is the pressure in the backcourt to make guys work a bit and tire them out? On the rare occasion I DO see that, it seems like a half hearted attempt.

I'm not one of those guys that hates the NBA and hates basketball, because I used to love it...but when I watch a game now, it is just SO BORING!  I think it is truly the sport that you can skip anything up until the last 5 mintutes of the game and just watch that and see what you need to...and even then half the games are over by 5 minutes left.

13 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

I used to love the NBA as a little kid.  I was at the end of the Bird and Johnson era (remember it a little but not much) but on weekends if the NBA was on, I was watching it.

Stopped for a while and a few years ago I tried it again.  I'm trying to not be an 'old guy' here, but the game is WAY different and a lot worse.  it seems to me that 90% of the time the ball is just being walked up the court really slow...then they take a little while to set up the half court game, attempt an isolation and the only play is really within a few seconds of the shot clock going off.

Where is the pressure in the backcourt to make guys work a bit and tire them out? On the rare occasion I DO see that, it seems like a half hearted attempt.

I'm not one of those guys that hates the NBA and hates basketball, because I used to love it...but when I watch a game now, it is just SO BORING!  I think it is truly the sport that you can skip anything up until the last 5 mintutes of the game and just watch that and see what you need to...and even then half the games are over by 5 minutes left.

You been watching games on ESPN Classic?   Most teams play fast paced now.  The scores this year are probably record high.  You could say the defense is poor, though.

13 minutes ago, gilbert11 said:

You been watching games on ESPN Classic?   Most teams play fast paced now.  The scores this year are probably record high.  You could say the defense is poor, though.

I had a game on again about a week ago.  Maybe I am overestimating the times it happened, but I know a LOT Of times after one team scored, the other team takes teh ball....dribbles it up court almost intentionally at a slow walking pace. That drives me crazy.

NBA classic? the games I remember from a little kid were the opposite, fast breaks all the time, and a lot more full court press than I saw now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.