GDT: Sabres @ Avs - Wed. 10 pm ET, Dec 13, 2023, TNT, MAX, ALT ๐Ÿ“บ WGR ๐Ÿ“ป

Spoonman

8 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Wow, broadcasters were just talking about how Colorado has a favorable schedule upcoming. Then they mentioned how the Sabres just can't string any wins together. So they asked Panger, what's the vibe down there on the Sabres bench. He says, I don't know, it's a brand new storm. If that doesn't tell you how ***** up this team is, nothing will. I've given up myself. I will never witness the city Buffalo hoisting a Stanley Cup.ย 

Sassy Drama Queen GIF

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Angry 1

This is why I won't jump on the bandwagon after a win or two any more. Right back to being a heaping pile of garbage.ย 

Benson and Peterka the only guys worth anything tonight. Maybe they don't know any better yet?

So every single guy with the extended big money deal sucked bad. Our best players in general this year are those not rewarded yet. maybe there's something there. They play for the contract but once they have it, why bother?ย 

idk, this game was just garbage. Walk in the park for Colorado.ย 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Me too, but I'm not holding my breath. But to hear someone like Darren Pang, who I highly respect, say "it's a brand new storm" on the bench? That tells me a lot more than Cozens, Adams, Granato or clueless Pegula ever could.ย 

The guys on TNT are having a real hard time mentioning anything positive about the Sabres right now. I've never been more embarrassed to be a Sabres fan. They are laughing at the things Cozens said a few weeks ago. Not enough f you to their game. They're all laughing. I'm disgusted.ย 

Yeah that was brutal to hear.ย 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Me too, but I'm not holding my breath. But to hear someone like Darren Pang, who I highly respect, say "it's a brand new storm" on the bench? That tells me a lot more than Cozens, Adams, Granato or clueless Pegula ever could.ย 

The guys on TNT are having a real hard time mentioning anything positive about the Sabres right now. I've never been more embarrassed to be a Sabres fan. They are laughing at the things Cozens said a few weeks ago. Not enough f you to their game. They're all laughing. I'm disgusted.ย 

I heard that. ย I like Panger but the comment was cosmic. ย Still donโ€™t know what it means. ย 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if they beat VGK. Would fit the pattern. One game look like a formidable hockey team, next look like detritus.ย 

There's a good hockey team in these guys. We just need a coach that can pull it out of them more than every other game.

Edited by HumanSlinky39
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I heard that. ย I like Panger but the comment was cosmic. ย Still donโ€™t know what it means. ย 

I think it means this team is at a loss. They've run out of answers. Panger has always been a backer of Buffalo. But nowadays, I think he is even mystified. Pegula has sunken the ship he helped to resurrect.ย 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Getpucksdeep said:

15th loss of the season, took them 30 games to get there.ย  Pretty sure 30 losses = no playoffs.ย  They are done and it is going to hurt the young "want to be here" vibe.ย  This sucks.

But here's the thing, when watching the games, at least 60% of the game by game unraveling is the players own fault. Constantly, and I mean constantly just giving the puck away, most of the time in panic mode. It is truly an ugly sight to behold.

The defense has to be the worst group collectively in the league, at least by individual play standards.

My only questions, where is the coaching staff to help correct these issue? Where is the GM to recognize this group isn't learning anything positive?

These young players are actually experiencing the exact same environment the ROR/Eichel group experienced, and that is an environment of losing.

As a fan, not just Sabres fan, but hockey fan, I am in awe, in total awe of this happening all over again with a nearly whole new group from GM on down. Just amazing this is happening again.

• Agree 3

6 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Anyone who DVRโ€™d this gameโ€ฆ donโ€™t bother. Trust me.ย 

ย I was going to, but said screw it. Now i do not have to waste 5 mins watching the lowlights. Also have to say it figures, we get Tuch back and lose Skinny. This team has bad luck draped all over it. They are done!!! I am glad i decided not to waste any time watching the late games this week!!!ย 

5 hours ago, Pimlach said:

I didnโ€™t hear it but was just thinking: ย what is that supposed to mean? ย 

5 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

I think it means this team is at a loss. They've run out of answers. Panger has always been a backer of Buffalo. But nowadays, I think he is even mystified. Pegula has sunken the ship he helped to resurrect.ย 

Thanks. I should have kept reading.ย 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Haven't watched the DVR recording yet.....what happened to Skinner?ย  When did it occur (approx. game time)?ย  Any idea of what his injury may be.....something more specific than an UBI or LBI please.

He came back for 45 seconds on a PP in the second and then left againย 

• Thanks (+1) 1

I respect Donnie.ย  Good man.ย  But you see other clubs change coaches in-season and play better.ย  That needs to happen here.ย  Either that or the talent level on the Sabres is far beneath their opponents.ย  I don't think it is, but maybe.ย  They looked like a weak AHL team vs an NHL team last night.

• Agree 1

Seems like the Sabres go from super-competitive in select games v Bruins, Rangers, Aves and Leafs to not competitive at all. Sigh. I didn't expect them to win against the Aves and I wasn't able to watch the game but from the comments, everyone is fed up with being the NHL laughingstock. It appears they were never in this game. The continuous pattern of being scored on multiple times early in games is a pattern they can't seem to shake. Other teams are smart and pick up on tendancies like this and plan for it.ย 

Buffalo needs a new owner. This one hasn't worked out. The NHL chose this bumpkin for us, maybe they can take him down. How many more years must we suffer?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Getpucksdeep said:

15th loss of the season, took them 30 games to get there.ย  Pretty sure 30 losses = no playoffs.ย  They are done and it is going to hurt the young "want to be here" vibe.ย  This sucks.

They all see the guys that left Buffalo exceling on other teams and having playoff success.ย ย 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.