GDT Red Wings @ Sabres Tuesday Dec 5th 7:30 pm ET ESPN+ / HULU

Spoonman

10 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

This game feels like a crossroads for this team.   Another loss and suddenly they've got a serious losing streak pending with a roadie to Boston on Thur.

That said, you would think they're desperate for a win, but I've thought that before and they come out flatter than a flapjack.

It's a great opportunity for the young core to step up and demand more from their teammates.... ruffle a few feathers if you will...  let it be known there will be repercussions if anyone mails it in.     

The atmosphere in the locker room should be serious and focused, not aloof with guys joking around and talking about whatever.... the "game" starts well before puck drop. 

Agree entirely.

When the players in that room decide en masse that they absolutely despise, detest, abhor, hate, and refuse to accept losing, then and only then will there be any meaningful turnaround.

But they appear far too comfortable and content with simply earning a nice living in the NHL. Reminds me of the time Bogo, when the team was in the midst of a losing streak, saw fit to remind the guys they shouldn’t be so miserable because they were in the NHL and things could be much worse. That is the essence of a loser mentality and it still festers in that locker room.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Ctaeth said:

Tage came back early last year and played hurt... and was bad to the point that the sabres may have been better off without.  I respect the guy's toughness, but I hope he's not coming back again before he's ready

He was bad before he was hurt.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.