The 6K discussion thread: Can he lead us to the playoffs? Keeping the crease warm for Levi?

Hank

4 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Let us not forget how crucial this save was to get two points tonight.  The Rangers PP goal happens either way. This save is the difference between a tie game and not a tie game. He might have a horseshoe up his azz on this one, but this team needed it and 401K came through.  

Just calling out that I wanted UPL for the next start and you were all over me that it should be Levi. Maybe you were coming from where you thought the Sabres brain trust was coming from, but UPL should have been given the crease for the Caps game (his lateral movement be damned). 

If the Sabres skaters played the same way in Washington that they did that night in Washington, honestly don't see UPL getting the win there that night.  They were hanging the goalie out to dry a lot that night.  MAYBE they play better in front of UPL (after the 1st 5 minutes of the Avs game, they actually played well in front of him that night at home) that night in DC; but am not convinced.

And didn't want UPL to get the start in Joisey, because they needed to have him available and in the right place tonight vs the Rags.  Any of the 3 SHOULD be able to get the W in St. Louis.  They need to win in Carolina.  IF they're very comfortable that UPL will be on his game Saturday if he goes Wednesday too, then fine go with the hot hand.  But, if not, get another goalie going too and come back on Saturday with the guy that gives them the best chance to win that game.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

UP-Luu had what was probably his best game as a pro tonite.

Let's hope he can find some consistency and string together a solid chunk of games.   

Their playoff hopes depend on it.

What are you talking about? 6K has been consistent all year. The two starts he lost were against Pittsburgh and Philly the 2nd. If you watched those two games you know The whole team played like dogshit. Hayek himself couldn't have won those games, let alone 6K. He was spectacular tonight and against Colorado and Philly the 1st. Good to very good in the other four. 

1 minute ago, Hank said:

What are you talking about? 6K has been consistent all year. The two starts he lost were against Pittsburgh and Philly the 2nd. If you watched those two games you know The whole team played like dogshit. Hayek himself couldn't have won those games, let alone 6K. He was spectacular tonight and against Colorado and Philly the 1st. Good to very good in the other four. 

He's had 4 poor games. Not that it matters currently

Yep. Two years ago this was said by a poster…  “And UPL is hardly the number 1 priority. He’s never going to amount to anything”

That was said when he was 22. A goalie. At 22. Is playing a sport on the professional level for a living. Getting paid to play a game.

And he’s “never going to amount to anything”.  Yikes …

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Yep. Two years ago this was said by a poster…  “And UPL is hardly the number 1 priority. He’s never going to amount to anything”

That was said when he was 22. A goalie. At 22. Is playing a sport on the professional level for a living. Getting paid to play a game.

And he’s “never going to amount to anything”.  Yikes …

Respectfully, UPL is an anomaly right now. He has never been “it” in Rochester.  I’m happy that this anomaly is occurring, but it was not foreseen by anyone.  With that said, I am rolling with him. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Respectfully, UPL is an anomaly right now. He has never been “it” in Rochester.  I’m happy that this anomaly is occurring, but it was not foreseen by anyone.  With that said, I am rolling with him. 

We did see it in Sudbury and he led Finland at the WJCs as well.

I think he had it, had hip issues, has had a long road to get back and now he is regaining his old form.

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Not foreseen by anyone? You sure about that?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hank said:

Not foreseen by anyone? You sure about that?

Listen, I’m happy for his play in Buff this year.  But he only earned an NHL recall because of injuries and his AHL numbers were trash. Let’s not extend his opportunity right now to mismanagement or something else. He’s seizing his opportunity, but he’s defying all odds right now.  I hope it continues. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.