The 6K discussion thread: Can he lead us to the playoffs? Keeping the crease warm for Levi?

Hank

40 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

He played what was likely his best game ever yesterday. 

That said his flaws were atill evident....  positioning, rebound control, glove hand.   

I won't debate positioning or glove hand, but to my eye he did much better not giving up rebounds against Colorado than he did last year. 

3 hours ago, Hank said:

Loser donates $100 to a local Buffalo charity of the winner's choice?

I'll make a bet, but I'd rather be allowed to choose a non-local charity to donate to since I am not a Buffalo native nor resident.

I'll bet $50 he doesn't hit 34 games this season (one more than he played last season).

I'll then make a $25 bet that, assuming he plays at least 10 games, his 23-24 season SV% is under .905 (league average) and a second $25 bet that his GAA is above 3.0.

Makes it a little more fun than a straight up $100 bet.

Funny we have this thread on nicknames for our beloved 3rd string goalie. I was actually testing out a new nickname for him and was going to workshop the following ideas with the Sabrespace focus group:

1 Puke-o Pekka Luukkonen

2 Ukko Puke-a Luukkonen

3 Ukko Pekka Puke-onen

These are all one 🤮 options... But I also considered the two 🤮 options:

4 Puke-o Puke-a Luukkonen

5 Puke-o Pekka Puke-onen

6 Ukko Puke-a Puke-onen

Finally, there's the all in 3 🤮 version of:

7 Puke-o Puke-a Puke-onen

Then he rolls a shutout against the Avalanche, and suddenly UPL sounds so much better. 😃

Edited by JoeSchmoe
  • Haha (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I’ve heard guys pronounce UPL’s nickname as Ooh-pee.

The Habs/Expos mascot is You-pee.

I guess I'm confused as to why there's so much confusion that, to me, UPL brings Youppi to mind. It sounds similar, I didn't think it was controversial. 

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

• Hank changed the title to 6K - short term starter, long term 1B
14 hours ago, Punch said:

I guess I'm confused as to why there's so much confusion that, to me, UPL brings Youppi to mind. It sounds similar, I didn't think it was controversial. 

It’s pronounced like this kids name,  no U sound 

200.gif?cid=60e32e67lox7p2jv6vfbk69valce

Edited by Pimlach

30 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

It’s pronounced like this kids name,  no U sound 

• He's got three "nicknames":
  • 6K - pretty much only used on this forum I think.
  • UPL - his initials, pronounced Yoo Pee El
  • Oopie - his nickname used in the locker room; pronounced Oo Pee

I think some people are conflating the last too and calling him Yoo Pee (U.P.) which is the version that's being confused with the Canadiens mascot.  But I think that's a mispronunciation coming from a combination of UPL and Oopie.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Mango said:

Years ago I had a friend set another friends autocorrect on their pgone for "What's up?" to "I want to suck you dry". 

Is there a way one of the mods can do that with "6k"?

So your buddy had another dude pseudo telling him he wanted to perform oral sex on him?  I mean that’s cool and all, just checking the facts.  

• Like (+1) 1

• spndnchz locked this topic
  • Hank unlocked this topic
8 hours ago, Mango said:

Years ago I had a friend set another friends autocorrect on their pgone for "What's up?" to "I want to suck you dry"

Is there a way one of the mods can do that with "6k"?

8 hours ago, inkman said:

So your buddy had another dude pseudo telling him he wanted to perform oral sex on him?  I mean that’s cool and all, just checking the facts.  

Guys, please keep it clean so the mods don't lock this thread again. 

Edited by Hank
  • Haha (+1) 1

6K played better today than in his shutout against the Avs. Two goals on 40 shots, both goals on deflections, one off his own player. Joki did make up for it by saving a goal. 

6K now has three wins on three starts this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.