GDT - Sabres @ Capitals - 11/22/2023 @ 6PM CT / 7PM ET - MSGB/ESPN+

#freejame

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Cozens just awful. Terrible shot selection. Then slow as hell and Levi plays the pass instead of the shot. Game over. Pathetic. 

I'm pissed. This team choked that game away. I'm logging off. That was ***** garbage.

He prob could have knocked the puck away to run clock out in OT but didn’t even attempt it. As soon as I saw it I knew a goal was coming. 

• Agree 1

Hate to bring this up again guys but tomorrow is US Thanksgiving and the Sabres aren't in a playoff spot. According to the majestic Sportscentre odds, it generally means they won't make it to the dance this season. I know some on here don't believe in that stat, but only 3 teams (I believe it is only 3) have defied those odds. I believe this years Sabres will not buck that trend.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Carmel Corn said:

Disappointed with Cozens again...he failed to skate hard enough to help prevent the 2 on 1 after the Caps took possession after his shot.

Cozens was out of gas, as they all were.  They used it all trying to score.  Hence a 2 on 1 and Levi blew it.  Power correctly took away the pass.  Levi incorrectly did not play the shooter and was out of position and late.   A rookie in the NHL.  

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

They played good hockey. They still lack that killer instinct and they won't learn it losing games like this.

With that said, they should have won this game. No complaints tonight however, sometimes your the bug, sometimes your the windshield  on to the next.

They played well tonight.  They will start winning the close ones.  

So glad DG dressed 7 D so that he could keep Dahlin down to just 27 minutes and Power a mere 24 minutes (sarcasm).  His decision making is going to cost this team another season of no playoffs.  Coupled with the stupid 3 goalie rotation where Levi looks stale and rusty.  I can only hope that at some point Pegula and maybe GMKA finally realize a change is needed.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.