It Is Time: Fire the GM, the Coaching Staff, get some experience in here. Fans deserve better!!!

Scottysabres

The coaching staff is equally to blame for the current state of the team just as the players themselves are. As many are saying, there is no accountability, that starts with the players holding themselves and their teammates accountable, but it also is the coaching staffs responsibility to do so as well.

Take a look at what happens when coaching changes are made elsewhere. Does the change make a positive impact, and if so, how often? If it does, is there a coach available now that can assemble a staff, come in, and make that impact?

Adams isn't going to get rid of the roster, the next logical choice is the coach and his staff. The clock is ticking, there is still time to make this type of move if it needs to be done. Since I started this thread, it's been time imho.

• Agree 1

Did I miss the player injury update (Tuch, TNT, Girgs, etc.) that DG mentioned yesterday?  If I did miss it, then my apologies for not looking in the right place.  If there has not been an update, then I think it's just another nail in DG's coffin....in this case his credibility.  I feel we have been deceived by this AHL caliber coach and staff.

43 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Once the team is healthy, let's assume Jan1st, how long do you give Granato to turn the ship around ?  

I don't really.  I think he mis-managed the start of the season by not playing the regulars enough during preseason and instead used it as an evaluation of our prospect talent (foolish decision).  He had everybody but Quinn, so he had an almost full roster and little change from the previous season.  In other words, the injuries are not an excuse to me.

• Scottysabres changed the title to It Is Time: Fire the GM, the Coaching Staff, get some experience in here. Fans deserve better!!!

It’s Pegula. He trusts Adams and feels he has been burned by others so Adams is his comfort blanket. He won’t get rid of him. Adams isn’t going to change his stripes. He believes in his plan. Maybe he shakes up the coaching staff but I just don’t care anymore. 13 years and no closer to a contending team.

Huys like Laviolette and Tocchet go in and change the culture and expectations immediately.

If Matt Ellis is truly in charge of the PP then the franchise is hopeless at this point.

Pegula is silent with Sabres and bills.  He has other things to worry about

39 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

They've got to get rid of this coaching staff.

And I'm changing the title, complete lack of action by Adams is completely unacceptable, I'm done with him to at this point.

Most of the old timers are done but keep coming back to this crap

Another infuriating thing I noticed was coming out of the tv timeout in the third period, half a period left and I think Sabres were still down 4-1.  It’s an offensive zone face off and meatballs had the fourth line out for the o zone face off.  It’s as disappointing as it is shocking with his decisions sometimes.  

I go to the arena not entertained more than I am.  I think I’m ready to see if the grass is greener on the other side. 

3 hours ago, Turbo44 said:

Can Adams fire himself for his pure garbage off-season 

2.5+ more years of Clifton. Did Adams just ignore his analytics department this offseason

Adams missed the mark this off-season, but Clifton is not the problem.  

Joker and Bryson are not good for this team and should have been moved with picks and/or prospects for a top 4 defenseman, the coaching is horrendous, GMKA did not make enough moves over the summer, Okie is not a good captain (great guy, bad captain), and no one bothered to learn how to take a face off this summer.  I think that might cover it…

Edited by SHAAAUGHT!!!
Grammar

57 minutes ago, Kristian said:

A four-game losing streak in December? What a surprise….

and to think, I'm on a Bruins website and a lot of their fans are angry that the Bruins have allowed late tying goals in a couple games (even though they still won in OT) and they think Sweeney has made the team too soft and thus a lot of them want him fired. 

lol, it's all relative isn't it. 

OP is directionless. I don’t know why. The kid is everywhere except where he needs to be on the ice. I’m sure there is some fancy stat that says he’s good to go. Probably something that incorporates the day of the week and a waning or waxing moon.

If the coaching staff can’t/won’t reign him in then a top four experienced partner might have to. When Dahlin was out of sorts there was still something about his game you could see made him special. I don’t see it with OP but maybe others do. 

21 minutes ago, sabremike said:

This is a dying franchise in a dying city.

We are the Hartford Whalers.

Five more years until relocation tops.

A dying city? Buffalo has had a bit of a Rennasaince these past 15 yrs or so. The area is getting a 1+ billion dollar stadium for its NFL team. In the past 8 yrs, the actual manufacturing base has kept its loss to gain ratio in the positive, more of a out with old, in with the new type scenario, it's merely shifted location from the water availability driven North Towns to the ease of transportation system availability of the South and East Towns. Dying city/region? Not reality.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

A dying city? Buffalo has had a bit of a Rennasaince these past 15 yrs or so. The area is getting a 1+ billion dollar stadium for its NFL team. In the past 8 yrs, the actual manufacturing base has kept its loss to gain ratio in the positive, more of a out with old, in with the new type scenario, it's merely shifted location from the water availability driven North Towns to the ease of transportation system availability of the South and East Towns. Dying city/region? Not reality.

Go downtown and look at all the abandoned storefronts and tell me just how great everything is.

9 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Go downtown and look at all the abandoned storefronts and tell me just how great everything is.

I didn't say it was great, I said it's had a bit of a Renassaince in response to your comment that it's dying.

Yes brick and mortar are closing, that's happening nationally to many large and mid cap cities, welcome the the age of the internet, where you can shop from home, without having to travel in to an actual store/shop. This isn't a Western New York only situation. As I said, that's happening everywhere.

• Like (+1) 2

On 11/11/2023 at 10:14 PM, Scottysabres said:

No one is "Freaking Out". I'm merely assessing Granato and staffs record to date. They show a flat line in the only category that accounts, consistency.

Playing .500 seasonal hockey is not an acceptable bar. The talent is there, we've seen it. They lack, where is that occurring? As I said, coaching imho.

If you like 4 game-losing streaks.  This is the second one.

17 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

Once the team is healthy, let's assume Jan1st, how long do you give Granato to turn the ship around ?  

Given reality?…Should happen next season… Put another way?… It better happen next season.

1 hour ago, sabremike said:

Buffalo had already taken steps to improve this issue such as eliminating parking minimums and changes to zoning laws. Most downtowns look like this because we live in a car centric society. Don’t worry, people are working to change this all over. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.