It Is Time: Fire the GM, the Coaching Staff, get some experience in here. Fans deserve better!!!

Scottysabres

If the bar is to show improvement, this team has failed. The passing is beyond atrocious, it's livid. The umbrella set up in the O zone is utter futility. The power play is a danger, to themselves. The players have shown little to non-existent fire, passion, drive, in their game play.

There is no sugar coating this. The team is rudderless, record be damned. There is simply to much talent, now with experience, to see the conststent inconsistency. That is coaching, pure and simple.

This coaching staff is a failure, point blank. The change needs to happen now, while there is still a season to salvage for a playoff spot.

IMHO.

Edited by Scottysabres
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • dislike 2

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

I guess sending Savoie down doomed them.

Prove me wrong. Show me where the improvement is. PK? Woop-De-Doo. PK doesn't mean jack if you can't find consistency in other aspects of the game. That is proven by this very version of Sabres.

So then, what is the evidence this coaching staff can get this team to the playoffs?

KA is to blame too. Resigning all of Okposo, girgs and jost is idiotic as one of three would have been more than enough. Clifton was a garbage signing too.

wouldn’t this team be worse with r Johnson playing 18 minutes instead of 11 + Clifton?

would this team not be better with savoie, rousek, Biro and Rosen over Okposo, girgs, jost and Krebs?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Prove me wrong. Show me where the improvement is. PK? Woop-De-Doo. PK doesn't mean jack if you can't find consistency in other aspects of the game. That is proven by this very version of Sabres.

So then, what is the evidence this coaching staff can get this team to the playoffs?

Guess you'll find out by the end of the year.

Freaking out at game 14 does no good, nor does it make any sense.

The goal isn't to peak in November, we've seen that version of this team many times over the past 12 years.

The goal is to peak in late February heading into March and April.

Edited by Big Guava
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 2

14 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Nothing will happen 

The thread coming to be is an important milestone, but the ones in the past have stayed up for a long time before the firing occurs in many instances

2 minutes ago, Big Guava said:

The goal isn't to peak in November, we've seen that version of this team many times over the past 12 years.

This is a football phrase for a reason - one bad month can doom you to 5 months of hectic chasing that wears you out by spring. This is what happened last year. Everyone was hurt at the end because they had to play them 28 hard minutes to squeak points out against bad teams to not fall further below .500 months before. 

You need to be getting points at every stage of your season

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Big Guava said:

No one is "Freaking Out". I'm merely assessing Granato and staffs record to date. They show a flat line in the only category that accounts, consistency.

Playing .500 seasonal hockey is not an acceptable bar. The talent is there, we've seen it. They lack, where is that occurring? As I said, coaching imho.

Edited by Scottysabres

10 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

KA is to blame too. Resigning all of Okposo, girgs and jost is idiotic as one of three would have been more than enough. Clifton was a garbage signing too.

wouldn’t this team be worse with r Johnson playing 18 minutes instead of 11 + Clifton?

would this team not be better with savoie, rousek, Biro and Rosen over Okposo, girgs, jost and Krebs?

I have to concur. Okposo and Girgs were most likely kept on for leadership. Well, can someone explain to us where that leadership is? Serious question.

I cannot say Granato approved or disapproved of those signings, so I defer on that. But the roster as a whole has not improved with any notice from last season. Constantly playing from behind or in Alamo mode. No killer instinct.

Coaching matters. I'm now firmly entrenched in the Granato and staff need to go camp.

2 minutes ago, Curt said:

Dude, it was the second game of a back to back, on the road.  They call that a scheduled loss for a reason.

Evaluating Granato's past 97 games is what brings me to agree with OP, not tonight's specifically 

Hockey coaches get fired, it's what they do. This guy doesn't have another level to hit with these players. They are no longer collectively dragging each other to career seasons, and all their warts are as bad as ever. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

6 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I don’t remember you writing this last night when they beat Minnesota.

I specifically posted on the passing, on the poor power play. I didn't mention coaching, true.

But as Jeff Daniel's character says: "The first step in solving any problem is recognizing there is one."

"Houston, we have a problem. We are venting something due to coaching. Yep, it's points"

No, it’s not time to fire DG  and staff. He will not be fired this Season… Unless… There is a absolute positive catastrophic bottom falls out failure week after week after week with no end in sight. Some might not like it some may hate it… But I believe that’s the cold truth.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

If the bar is to show improvement, this team has failed. The passing is beyond atrocious, it's livid. The umbrella set up in the O zone is utter futility. The power play is a danger, to themselves. The players have shown little to non-existent fire, passion, drive, in their game play.

There is no sugar coating this. The team is rudderless, record be damned. There is simply to much talent, now with experience, to see the conststent inconsistency. That is coaching, pure and simple.

This coaching staff is a failure, point blank. The change needs to happen now, while there is still a season to salvage for a playoff spot.

IMHO.

For me their run and gun style isn’t working. I like this post above feels the same way. 

1 hour ago, Zamboni said:

No, it’s not time to fire DG  and staff. He will not be fired this Season… Unless… There is an absolute positive catastrophic bottom falls out failure week after week after week with no end in sight. Some might not like it some may hate it… But I believe that’s the cold truth.

I think we can all pretty much agree that he will not be fired this season unless they go winless in 30 straight.  Waiting til the end of the season isn’t the best answer either, especially when this team is supposed to be in mix.  After looking at DG’s coaching resume, I am less optimistic on his ability to lead this team to the playoffs.  As an assistant or HC in the NHL he is 0-8 in making the playoffs.  This year will be #9.  He hasn’t been part of the playoffs in the NHL or AHL since 2003.  I’m thinking he doesn’t remember what it takes!!

As I've said before, my lack of faith in this coaching staff (and management in general) was lost when they let Peca walk rather than making him an assistant. imo he'd be the potential replacement but at this moment I see few options. I mean who would we hire? Claude Julien? 

I hear Mike Babcock is looking for work. 

• Like (+1) 4

51 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

As I've said before, my lack of faith in this coaching staff (and management in general) was lost when they let Peca walk rather than making him an assistant. imo he'd be the potential replacement but at this moment I see few options. I mean who would we hire? Claude Julien? 

I hear Mike Babcock is looking for work. 

No thank you to either of them.

Babcock should never get another job

Julien is a defense first and vet happy coach.

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

No thank you to either of them.

Babcock should never get another job

Julien is a defense first and vet happy coach.

I was yoking.

I thought that was kind of obvious with the Babcock. The Claude Julien I threw in there because he is the antithesis of the Sabres ideas. Absolute antithesis. But again, just kiddin'. There's no one obvious out there at this point in time. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.