Tuch Day to Day with an UBI

Brawndo

33 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

I understand that the Sabres, like any other team, does not want to give out any details.

Has there ever been an edict issued explaining where the Upper Body ends and the Lower Body starts?  Presumably they are in the same place.

Do the Hokey Pokey.

1 hour ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

I understand that the Sabres, like any other team, does not want to give out any details.

Has there ever been an edict issued explaining where the Upper Body ends and the Lower Body starts?  Presumably they are in the same place.

It’s funny cause the “upper” “lower” vagueness used to purely be a playoffs thing 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

I know it is an NHL thing, but why can they disclose the injury in the NFL, but not the NHL?  Dumb. 

1 hour ago, Quint said:

I'm concerned about Tuch and his longterm "soreness." What does this "longterm soreness" mean? It's been over a month since he was held out of some of the last pre-season games.

Though personally would consider groin lower body, pretty sure the league considers it upper body.  His dealing with a groin injury that occurred while training in the off-season would explain why he's had something that's lingering and he can play through it at times and look as good as he did last year but also can't skate back the entire length of the ice on a backcheck.

At any rate, if there is something they can do to get him back more consistently, they need to do it yesterday.  He is the leader of the forwards and they do seem to feed off his energy and things seem off when he isn't in the lineup.

• Like (+1) 2

On 11/12/2023 at 11:48 AM, Taro T said:

Though personally would consider groin lower body, pretty sure the league considers it upper body.  His dealing with a groin injury that occurred while training in the off-season would explain why he's had something that's lingering and he can play through it at times and look as good as he did last year but also can't skate back the entire length of the ice on a backcheck.

At any rate, if there is something they can do to get him back more consistently, they need to do it yesterday.  He is the leader of the forwards and they do seem to feed off his energy and things seem off when he isn't in the lineup.

This is starting to sound like a dreaded sports hernia that they are trying to manage non-surgically but won't be right until he has surgery.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/9/2023 at 3:16 PM, LabattBlue said:

I know it is an NHL thing, but why can they disclose the injury in the NFL, but not the NHL?  Dumb. 

This was started by Lindy Ruff in the playoffs 2006ish. I forgot who was injured at the time, but he didn’t want the other team targeting an area so he made up that term. Other teams quickly caught on. If the NHL doesn’t force them to disclose the exact nature of the injury, why would any team volunteer it?

47 minutes ago, SDS said:

This was started by Lindy Ruff in the playoffs 2006ish. I forgot who was injured at the time, but he didn’t want the other team targeting an area so he made up that term. 

Lindy didn't want to give up "flesh eating bacteria" as an injury to target?

1 hour ago, SDS said:

This was started by Lindy Ruff in the playoffs 2006ish. I forgot who was injured at the time, but he didn’t want the other team targeting an area so he made up that term. Other teams quickly caught on. If the NHL doesn’t force them to disclose the exact nature of the injury, why would any team volunteer it?

Correct me if I am wrong, it was only during the playoffs that it took hold at first, too, right? 

Just now, Thorny said:

Correct me if I am wrong, it was only during the playoffs that it took hold at first, too, right? 

Lindy was literally the first person ever to try it and it was in the playoffs. I feel like every NHL injury report copied that ever since.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, SDS said:

Lindy was literally the first person ever to try it and it was in the playoffs. I feel like every NHL injury report copied that ever since.

I just feel like there was a time the lingo was used ONLY in the playoffs and not in the regular season - I feel like the vagueness used to be playoff specific 

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I just feel like there was a time the lingo was used ONLY in the playoffs and not in the regular season - I feel like the vagueness used to be playoff specific 

Fair question. I guess I don’t know the answer to that.

19 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I find it so crazy that the NFL, NBA and MLB all give you pretty much the exact injuries, if not from the team, from beat reporters/national media reporters that have sources that the team allows to leak info out.

Why the NHL deems this as some secretive thing I have no idea.  It's irritating to the fans who want to know what is going on with the players and it really doesn't give any competitive advantage.  Pretty obvious by watching someone for a minute or two warming up if there is an issue they are trying to hide from the opposing team.  

Just now, matter2003 said:

I find it so crazy that the NFL, NBA and MLB all give you pretty much the exact injuries, if not from the team, from beat reporters/national media reporters that have sources that the team allows to leak info out.

Why the NHL deems this as some secretive thing I have no idea.  It's irritating to the fans who want to know what is going on with the players and it really doesn't give any competitive advantage.  Pretty obvious by watching someone for a minute or two warming up if there is an issue they are trying to hide from the opposing team.  

The nhl is just a weird league in general. It’s also the only of the 4 that legitimately has their officials call the game differently depending on regular/post season essentially creating two definitively different seasons during every singular. You need to construct a roster that’s adept at playing both the regular season version of the nhl and the playoffs version of the nhl.

Old boys league full of old idiots 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.