GDT: Flyers @ Sabres - November 3, 2023 - 7:00PM, NHLN/MSG-B📺WGR📻

Doohickie

Just now, Crusader1969 said:

If they don’t bring their game tomorrow , it’s time to really think about the future of DG 

Well, you might. And some fans might. But I bet KA won’t be. At least not yet. I really believe DG has a longer rope than what some fans are comfortable with. 
Time will tell….

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Tuch had a rough game as well....-3 tonight.  There's a "sickness" within this team that is very troubling affecting players that I had much higher expectations from.

At 5v5 His corsi was 60, his eGF% was 64. There were 5 high danger chances when he was on the ice vs 2 against 

he was hardly a problem 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

At 5v5 His corsi was 60, his eGF% was 64. There were 5 high danger chances when he was on the ice vs 2 against 

he was hardly a problem 

He had a worse +/- than either of his linemates.  He failed to cover a Flyer on UPL's opposite post for an easy Philly goal (he was in a position to neutralize him). He had the second worse +/- of any Sabre tonight.

Edited by Carmel Corn
  • Like (+1) 1

Yup.  We needed our goalie to bail us out early due to careless play in our zone, it didn’t happen.  Didn’t matter.   We never got going anyway.  

We played good against the Avs.   Yet, another poor game versus a physical team.  There was no effort or energy, only this time at home.  No pride in getting booed at home.  They deserved it too.  

I am thinking our FO is so enamored with their own prospects that they fell short in improving the team for the playoffs. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Yup.  We needed our goalie to bail us out early due to careless play in our zone, it didn’t happen.  Didn’t matter.   We never not going anyway.  

We played good against the Avs.   Yet, another poor game versus a physical team.  There was no effort or energy, only this time at home.  No pride in getting booed at home.  They deserved it too.  

I am thinking our FO is so enamored with their own prospects that they fell short in improving the team for the playoffs. 

I hardly see playoffs happening.   Certainly don’t look like a team that would make any noise if they some how proved me wrong.
Kids need to grow up fast and they need to find a couple of vets, who can still play,  to help supplement the youth 

• Agree 1

I hate to say it, because I like DM, but I am pretty close to concluding that the Sabres have an issue at coach.  The consistent failure to show up at home is 100% between the ears.  It’s the coach’s job to get them ready and focused, and it is clearly not happening.

If it’s still like this at New Year’s I think I am going to want to make a change.  

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Cmon they did not!   Considering his injury , they did pretty well

That we allowed it to get to the point where we probably had to deal him is what bites, and as of this moment, continually seems to bite more painfully. It’s systematic, until proven otherwise.

Eichel is a paradox because he’s at once incredibly significant, and also incredibly irrelevant. Eichel was always a guy who was going to develop into the type of player capable of being the best player in the Stanley cup playoffs, en route to a Cup. He just proved that. But unlocking that functionality was always a pipe dream, in hindsight, because of the issue that led to the trade in the first place: we couldn’t harness his talent by building a team capable of winning in the now.

That story is written. No point dwelling on that aspect of it imo. Sunk cost. I just hope that the systematic issues that led to the deal being necessary are structurally improved. We learn that by seeing how the team performs.

onward 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

That was the worst game I’ve been to in four years, I have no explanation as to what I even think about this team anymore. I just don’t get it.

8 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Donny is too analytical and calm.  Tonight is one of those games he needs to shout and crack some skulls.

That’s exactly right and what I told the person sitting next to me tonight was not only do we not have the coach to crack the skulls, we have no player in the locker room, who is going to stand up after the first intermission, and do the same. This team has all the talent in the world and no one to coach them to move forward.

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

Just got home from that SH** Show they called a hockey game.  JUST AWFUL

I hope it turns around soon.....the patience with this group is wearing thin. The Boo Birds were pretty loud after each period, don't know how much was heard on the TV broadcast but it was pretty loud. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.