Sabres call up Brandon Biro

Brawndo

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Greenway-Thompson-Biro

I'm frankly surprised they're putting him on that line.  maybe it's only the #1 line because Thompson is on it, but the reality is the 1st line is centered by Mitts.  My thought of putting Biro in a protected situation with Tuch and Cozens is essentially the same from a physical standpoint with Greenway and Thompson I suppose but I still wonder about putting him on the (a?) top line.  Maybe the thought is they he's scoring in the A and want to see if he can do so with the big boys in the NHL.

And... what @SabresBaltimore said... don't mess with the other lines.

Granato is on record as saying he doesn't consider it a Line 1, Line 2 situation.  He actually said it's up to the other team to decide which is line 1 and which is line 2 and they'll make it known by who they play against the Sabres lines.  And the one getting the easier matchups should be more effective that night (this sentence is paraphrased far more than the prior).

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Greenway-Thompson-Biro

I'm frankly surprised they're putting him on that line.  maybe it's only the #1 line because Thompson is on it, but the reality is the 1st line is centered by Mitts.  My thought of putting Biro in a protected situation with Tuch and Cozens is essentially the same from a physical standpoint with Greenway and Thompson I suppose but I still wonder about putting him on the (a?) top line.  Maybe the thought is they he's scoring in the A and want to see if he can do so with the big boys in the NHL.

And... what @SabresBaltimore said... don't mess with the other lines.

Granato is on record as saying he doesn't consider it a Line 1, Line 2 situation.  He actually said it's up to the other team to decide which is line 1 and which is line 2 and they'll make it known by who they play against the Sabres lines.  And the one getting the easier matchups should be more effective that night (this sentence is paraphrased far more than the prior).

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Taro T said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47mez0xx07zz1pefzj4i

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

Isn't it about what you're doing now?

Both Rosen and kulich are leading in goals which buffalo needs.

Buffalo needs goals and they also need guys to help prevent goals.  

If they feel Kulich or Rosen is ready then fine, I defer to Adams and DG.   

I think they are going by what they saw in preseason and by Rochester play, and since Biro came back from injury he has 6 points in 5 games so he is not far behind the other two.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Buffalo needs goals and they also need guys to help prevent goals.  

If they feel Kulich or Rosen is ready then fine, I defer to Adams and DG.   

I think they are going by what they saw in preseason and by Rochester play, and since Biro came back from injury he has 6 points in 5 games so he is not far behind the other two.  

I’d also add that Biro is much more responsible on the D end of things whereas Rosen and Kulich are still learning that aspect of the game to say the least.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I’d also add that Biro is much more responsible on the D end of things whereas Rosen and Kulich are still learning that aspect of the game to say the least.

He is 25, an undrafted player that played four years of NCAA hockey.  

This really is Biro's shot.  If not with the Sabres, then maybe another team that might be watching.   I understand we have a lot of fancy first rounders and Biro  could be a career AHL player but this kid deserves a look, he might be a 4th line lower cost guy that we will need soon.   He earned it in camp. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 10/31/2023 at 6:56 PM, bg17 said:

Sabres Live today mentioned Biro has 91 points in his last 93 games with the Amerks. Sustained production. Look forward to seeing him in action. 

Yeah. I don't know why some posters can't mention Biro without bringing up Pegula, like there's some kind of nepotism here. The kid played well and earned his spot. 

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.