GDT: Islanders @ Sabres, Oct. 21, 2023 - 7pm EDT, MSG ๐Ÿ“บ WGR ๐Ÿ“ป

LGR4GM

I think these lines are his attempt to have them generate more net front presence but so far this year Peterka has been one of the better forwards so I'm not sure why he gets the demotion. In any event that third line of Peterka-Jost-Olofsson looks like it'll be a problem. Presumably they go up against Pageau-Fasching-Lee which is a heavy line if they roll them strength against strength. or the Isles play that line against one of the top two and then tries to dominate them with their top unit.ย 

An early lead is essential imo.ย 

I have no problem with those lines. JJP isn't being demoted so much as it looks like Meatballs is trying to spread scoring potential across all three lines. Unless you think DG is a fool and really believes JJP ought to be demoted.

I think Donnie is trying to extend the philosophy behind the 1-3-1 system to where there are no top lines just 3 offensive lines plus 1 shutdown.ย 

We've seen that before although not from Meatballs.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, ... said:

I have no problem with those lines. JJP isn't being demoted so much as it looks like Meatballs is trying to spread scoring potential across all three lines. Unless you think DG is a fool and really believes JJP ought to be demoted.

I think Donnie is trying to extend the philosophy behind the 1-3-1 system to where there are no top lines just 3 offensive lines plus 1 shutdown.ย 

ย  ย Any line with VO will play protected minutes, and rightfully so. ย You canโ€™t expect this newly constructed โ€œthird lineโ€ to see many 5 v 5 minutes. ย  I wouldnโ€™t be surprised if the โ€œfourth lineโ€ sees more minutes than the third. ย Unless he sees shifts with the top two lines, then JJP has been defacto demoted. ย Heโ€™s averaged almost 14 minutes per game TOI. ย Letโ€™s see how many gets tonight. ย 

11 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

ย  ย Any line with VO will play protected minutes, and rightfully so. ย You canโ€™t expect this newly constructed โ€œthird lineโ€ to see many 5 v 5 minutes. ย  I wouldnโ€™t be surprised if the โ€œfourth lineโ€ sees more minutes than the third. ย Unless he sees shifts with the top two lines, then JJP has been defacto demoted. ย Heโ€™s averaged almost 14 minutes per game TOI. ย Letโ€™s see how many gets tonight. ย 

This is fair but I think this is also DM giving Jost a shot to play with 2 guys who can skate and score, one of whom is also pretty strong on his skates.ย  DM has said of Jost (like he's said of Greenway) that he has much more to give in his game.ย 

JJP-Jost-VO will have the opportunity to earn as many minutes as they deserve.ย  Let's see how they do.

• Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, ... said:

I don't think he's a fool here but I do think he wants to promote Greenway so he can have net front when Tage takes that shot of his. Skinner is the guy getting demoted imo but dropping him 2 lines might feel too harsh and put him in a snit. Skinner-Jost-VO would definitely not work in terms of defense. So basically, with no one to call up there aren't a ton of options.

What they are doing with Savoie I have no idea.ย 

13 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

If the Sabres had simply replaced olofsson with a guy like Compher, they'd be farย  better already.ย 

lol, talk about an about face.ย 

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

ย 

lol, talk about an about face.ย 

Wanted olofsson off the team all offseason.ย 

10 minutes ago, sabresouth said:

Ok, so all all you guys predicting the islanders are only going to score one or two goals, yall do know Comrie's in net tonight, right.ย ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Oh yeah,ย  GO SABRES!!!!

Islanders played last night and are starting their backup tender. Buffalo in the goats, they'll come out flying.ย 

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Wanted olofsson off the team all offseason.ย 

that wasn't the reference and you know it. You mocked me when I placed Compher at the top of my free agent list and you mocked the Yzerplan. You were wrong, but of course you will never admit it.ย 

Doesn't matter. Lets see what the Sabres can do against that boring Islander shut down.ย 

• Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

that wasn't the reference and you know it. You mocked me when I placed Compher at the top of my free agent list and you mocked the Yzerplan. You were wrong, but of course you will never admit it.ย 

Doesn't matter. Lets see what the Sabres can do against that boring Islander shut down.ย 

Ok, prove me mocking you for wanting compher. Where's the post for that? Let's see your facts.ย 

There's a bunch of posts from this summer of others saying give olofsson a chance and personally I didn't want to and posted that.ย 

Also prove the Yzerman plan worked. Did they win the cup? President trophy? Eastern conference? Have they beaten the Sabres?

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I truly mean this. Go f#ck yourself. I'm about the only person on this entire board that admits being wrong. You however are a closet Bruins fan and bandwagon Sabres fan. You whine and complain and are just miserable. Enjoy the season, the Bruins season. Or maybe the Redwings is your new team.ย 

@SDSย don't worry, I'll ban myself.ย 

See y'all in a week.ย 

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

18 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I'm about the only person on this entire board that admits being wrong.

Relaxโ€ฆ Got you beat by a mileโ€ฆ Iโ€™ve admitted Iโ€™m a dumbass on occasion.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Mystical winesong miraculously whitens musky whiskers mystified when mercantile weasels mendaciously wrinkle midsummer wool made wormtongue ย mitigating wonders while many murkily wrought majestic wishes wax munificent mesmerizing wild mostly winsome musical wenches ministering wholesale melancholy wantonness whereupon mordant wizards mimic winters meantime we must wrestle mumbling woebegone miserable whining muttonhead workdoomers magically whisk much whining maximally `way made wondrously mute when men with martial weapons mightily win.

ChatGPT?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.