GDT: Flames @ Sabres, Oct. 19, 2023 - 7pm EDT, MSG 📺 WGR 📻

LGR4GM

56 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Mighty ..

Oh God no...

42 minutes ago, Ctaeth said:

These Thursday evening games are killing me.  Can't watch tonight, but hopefully sabrespace's collective willpower will propel them to victory!  

I got us...wearing my Goathead Tage Thompson jersey tonight...never have lost when I have worn it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mustache of God said:

Seriously. I'm happy they're riding Levi to start the season, the pucks getting past him have largely not being his fault. I think he's only been beat clean by Panarin who was in the slot and put a really nice shot on net. 

When they announced they were rolling with 3 goalies I expected them to have more of a rotation, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. Whichever goalie is "3rd" on our depth chart would be served so much better racking up starts in Rochester opposed to sitting on a cold bench here. 

If we continue to have 3 goalies, I wonder how many games into the season before all 3 have at least 1 game.

Yep.   

UPL might get a start next week after not playing for a month, have a rough start before settling in and everybody will say he sucks.    Totally fair to him lol.  

Trade him or send him to Roch, if he gets claimed, oh well... time to move on, they have their guy in Levi.  

5 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

.....and the goalie is ??????  Levi? or is DG going to give someone else some PT?  Obviously, Levi was excellent against TB, but isn't time to see what, if anything, we have in Comrie or UPL?

Judging by how they deployed Dahlin last year when they weren’t thrilled with their depth D, they likely run Levi into the ice if they can 

Edited by Thorny

37 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Yep.   

UPL might get a start next week after not playing for a month, have a rough start before settling in and everybody will say he sucks.    Totally fair to him lol.  

While this is true, I don’t really care

Just play the goalies in the way that best gives us a chance to make the playoffs.

Ive fully expected them to treat Levi as a number one and that means if he’s rested he starts.

Get used to it

Curious if they will share the backup duties or not. 

As in are we going to see one guy every 4 games so, or will they each play once every 8.

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Judging by how they deployed Dahlin last year when they weren’t thrilled with their depth D, they likely run Levi into the ice if they can 

Fully expecting him to get 6 of the 1st 7 starts.  Haven't looked at how the schedule lays out beyond the Otter game, but see no reason to sit him in any game except either the Hab (presumably easy-ish) or the Otter (presumably team that will be closest to them in the standings and the other team that has the best chance of being the one from last year that was on the outside but on the inside this year) and expect it'll be the Hab game he sits out because it isn't a 4 point game against a likely contender.

Just now, dudacek said:

Just play the goalies in the way that best gives us a chance to make the playoffs.

Ive fully expected them to treat Levi as a number one and that means if he’s rested he starts.

Get used to it

As in are we going to see one guy every 4 games so, or will they each play once every 8.

Very good Q.  Hope it goes 1 every 4 or so, but expecting it's they each play once every 6-8.

Which one sat on the bench on the Island?  Comrie was the designated ball cap wearer in the 2 home games.  If Comrie got the Aisles game too, expecting they've got their pecking order laid out.

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Very good Q.  Hope it goes 1 every 4 or so, but expecting it's they each play once every 6-8.

Which one sat on the bench on the Island?  Comrie was the designated ball cap wearer in the 2 home games.  If Comrie got the Aisles game too, expecting they've got their pecking order laid out.

UPL was the guy on the Island.

• Thanks (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Yep.   

Trade him or send him to Roch, if he gets claimed, oh well... time to move on, they have their guy in Levi.  

Fair enough. 

39 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Get used to it

That's the issue.  The backup(s) will underperform if only playing once a month... they'd improve their playoff chances with a single backup tendy playing once every 5-7 games.

I'd also suggest sitting Levi every 5 games or so, maybe even give him a week off here and there to stay fresh.   He's never playes more than 20-30 games in a season, he'll need more frequent mental breaks while he adjusts.

Edited by pi2000

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.