GDT: Flames @ Sabres, Oct. 19, 2023 - 7pm EDT, MSG 📺 WGR 📻

LGR4GM

Flames expected to start backup Vlader in this as they try to trade him. 

Expect Sabres lines around 10am and Samuelsson will most likely not play opening the door for Bryson or a callup. 

Game is on ESPN+ for out of town fans. 

Edited by LGR4GM
Samuelsson will play barring a setback
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

• LGR4GM changed the title to GDT: Flames @ Sabres, Oct. 19, 2023 - 7pm EDT, MSG 📺 WGR 📻
1 minute ago, Zamboni said:

The wife and I will be at this barn burner after grabbing some Mexican grub.

Sabres … 4

Flames … 3

TNT, Tuch, or Clifton with a goal 

Maizal on transit. Delightful Mexican, my favorite. 

Los Mayos in Cheektowaga. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Maizal on transit. Delightful Mexican, my favorite. 

Los Mayos in Cheektowaga. 

41 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Yo quiero another win.

Guess I’m making tacos tonight.  Gotta decide if I want beef in a hard shell or chicken in a soft shell.   Hmmm…

21 minutes ago, LETSTUCHINGO said:

I think we see Levi again and for the rest of the homestand. I hope they call up RJ as well, not a fan of Bryson. 

Hope so, my trust factor with the other guys is not there yet.  If Levi can stack some home ice W's that would be huge for this season.

• Agree 1

Who partners with Dahlin?

I would rather Clifton than Bryson. Maybe big Johnson is up for it but that is a lot of minutes. Joker has been there before.

I’ve named everyone but Power or RJ, my guess is Cliffy.

Let’s go Buffalo!

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Flames expected to start backup Vlader in this as they try to trade him. 

I want one of the Sabres goalies moved but I don’t like their chances of winning without Levi.

1 minute ago, French Collection said:

I would rather Clifton than Bryson. Maybe big Johnson is up for it but that is a lot of minutes. Joker has been there before.

Let’s go Buffalo!

Based on what I’ve seen so far this season, Joki makes a lot of sense. 

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, LETSTUCHINGO said:

I think we see Levi again and for the rest of the homestand. I hope they call up RJ as well, not a fan of Bryson. 

Not his nickname, nor will it be in Buffalo. 

15 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Let’s go Buffalo!

I want one of the Sabres goalies moved but I don’t like their chances of winning without Levi.

Again, no. RJ is the one and only RJ. I get that this is Ryan Johnson's initials but no, stop it. 

This is RJ. 

• Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, LETSTUCHINGO said:

What would you like to call him oh great "God of Nicknames"?

Sick Burn GIF by GIPHY News

29 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Not his nickname, nor will it be in Buffalo. 

Again, no. RJ is the one and only RJ. I get that this is Ryan Johnson's initials but no, stop it. 

This is RJ. 

17 minutes ago, LETSTUCHINGO said:

3 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Does Ryan Johnson NEED a nickname? 🤔

Someone was calling him Doc Johnson during the preseason.   Can’t remember if it was Dunleavy or Duffer.  I believe it was one of them.  Don’t remember the context though. 

46 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I don't expect Mule to play, but I don't expect him to be out long enough to call up Ryan Johnson. That means we're stuck with Bryson.

Based on how the numbers looked last year I'd do these pairs until Mule returns:

Dahlin/Joker

Power/Clifton

Bryson/EJohnson

Clifton is still acclimating and making some noticeable mistakes, but I'd like to see how he pairs with Power. Hopefully the veteran play Johnson bring keeps Bryson from being too much of a liability (and hopefully his "improved" play in pre-season actually translates to decent 3rd pair play but I'm not holding my breath). I didn't really remember Joker playing with Dahlin last year, which probably means Joker wasn't messing up too bad. Apparently their stats for last year are really good. That's been brought up on both Maintenance Day and Expected Buffalo.

Last game he had both Johnson and Clifton playing with Dahlin. Then late in the game it was Power. We'll see what the pairs look like at morning skate though

Edited by SabresBaltimore

21 minutes ago, LETSTUCHINGO said:

anything other than RJ. 

7 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Does Ryan Johnson NEED a nickname? 🤔

Little Johnson and Big Johnson for Erik. Again, just not RJ. 

3 minutes ago, SabresBaltimore said:

I don't expect Mule to play, but I don't expect him to be out long enough to call up Ryan Johnson. That means we're stuck with Bryson.

Based on how the numbers looked last year I'd do these pairs until Mule returns:

Dahlin/Joker

Power/Clifton

Bryson/EJohnson

Clifton is still acclimating and making some noticeable mistakes, but I'd like to see how he pairs with Power. Hopefully the veteran play Johnson bring keeps Bryson from being too much of a liability (and hopefully his "improved" play in pre-season actually translates to decent 3rd pair play but I'm not holding my breath). I didn't really remember Joker playing with Dahlin last year, which probably means Joker wasn't messing up too bad. Apparently their stats for last year are really good. That's been brought up on both Maintenance Day and Expected Buffalo.

Last game he had both Johnson and Clifton playing with Dahlin. Then late in the game it was Power. We'll see what the pairs look like at morning skate though

I like those pairings a bunch.  Johnson can cover the crease while Bryson outlets out of the zone.  Makes sense.  So it completely won’t happen.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.