Friday the 13th. Are you superstitious?

Zamboni

Are you superstitious when it comes to sports or anything? Do you avoid black cats or walking under ladders? Do you believe breaking a mirror gives you bad luck?

Do you HAVE to have a certain drink before the game? How about a certain food? Do you have to wear your lucky jersey? Or lucky socks? Or lucky underwear? Or lucky hat? Do you think your OCD routine or ritual of choice is a “must do” so your team has the best chance of winning?

What do you do if anything? And why?

🤔

I don't know if it is a 'superstition' or not, but sometimes when I watch the Bills play, especially if there is a delay on the channel I am watching (like last week's game from London, there seemed to be a 10-15 second delay)....

If the game isn't going well, I'll have on my laptop or computer the game doing the live tracking (like the game app on cbssportsline, for example).  They tend to update the play before you see it on tv. When the game is close or there is a critical play, I refresh my browser every 5 seconds because I like to read the result of the play a few seconds before I actually see it.

I don’t believe in Friday the 13, black cats, broken mirrors, etc. 

I do wear the same Bills hat and tee shirt every game until a loss occurs, then I change it up and stick with the new combo.  I do not do that for the Sabres, 82 games is too many to track that stuff I guess. 

13 is my number, always has been, always will be... as long as its available for me to wear.

Not an ounce of superstition.. but it's fun sometimes to play the game.

The song is always a great listen. 🙂

19 hours ago, Night Train said:

As long as you don't own a teal Marino jersey. 

Hell no. One of my least favorite QBs to ever play the game. I am fine with his acting career though.

13 would not be available for me in that case because owning a Dolphins jersey would not be possible for me.

• Like (+1) 1