Around the NHL 2023-24 Season

Brawndo

11 hours ago, OverPowerYou said:

It amazes me how old Ovechkin looks. He’s not even 40 yet. Is it Russian genes or some type of PEDs?

Some people grey earlier genetically. I have an uncle that was about 50% grey at 30.  A great uncle that still had much of his blonde hair when he died at 90. 

15 hours ago, French Collection said:

There are some rumours about him being a couple of years older than what he says. One story I recall quoted Kovalchuk saying they had wanted to play together in the NHL since they were like 8 years old. Kovalchuk is two years older than Ovie.

mikhail-grigorenko-2014-33.jpg

On 4/3/2024 at 9:00 PM, FrenchConnection44 said:

Do we have anyone on the team worthy of participating in this? Would be nice to have one or two. 

Now that’s old time hockey and there is no Sabres player on the roster who could or would do this. They would get killed and granato would take away their PlayStations for a week. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sidc3000 said:

Now that’s old time hockey and there is no Sabres player on the roster who could or would do this. They would get killed and granato would take away their PlayStations for a week. 

Old time hockey ? Ugly stage fighting

This is real. 

see the difference 

Edited by Buffalonill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

My wife told me to give up hockey for a while since it’s causing me stress. She says focus on the Bills since they’re better. She just doesn’t get it. We are all diseased and sick. There is no giving up hockey or the abysmal Buffalo Sabres 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/17/2024 at 7:31 PM, Thorny said:

One thing you can’t do is look past Sidney Crosby and his leadership and ability. That’s the only team that actually is individually scary imo. There’s a Rushmore talent on that squad who rounds out his all around game for every point that erodes away with age. 

27620455-A91E-49DC-BE8D-BD0D347287D2.thumb.jpeg.50e79f0e419289a4867d30cd82ed1326.jpeg

👀

34 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Hate Pittsburgh because it’s literally Crosby; that’s it

I've never liked him, but you can't beat his compete and leadership. I think they went into a slight funk with the Guentzel trade. Thought management had given up on them so why bother, but he's got them out of it and I think it was all him. imo they are now the favourite for that last wildcard. 

Bruins Panthers game was a playoff type game. Excellent hockey game top to bottom. Like every other year I can't wait for real playoff hockey. As of now it's also Vegas Edmonton first round or rather Eichel McDavid first round 🙂  and that too will be great entertainment and somebody going down early.

5 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I've never liked him, but you can't beat his compete and leadership. I think they went into a slight funk with the Guentzel trade. Thought management had given up on them so why bother, but he's got them out of it and I think it was all him. imo they are now the favourite for that last wildcard. 

Bruins Panthers game was a playoff type game. Excellent hockey game top to bottom. Like every other year I can't wait for real playoff hockey. As of now it's also Vegas Edmonton first round or rather Eichel McDavid first round 🙂  and that too will be great entertainment and somebody going down early.

I respect Crosby, but hate him for being in our way instead of just bowing out and getting out of our way

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Old time hockey ? Ugly stage fighting

This is real. 

see the difference 

I forgot about this one. Thanks for the memories.

Watching the way Barnaby gets up there's some "fake" going on there too. Reminds me of Nick Cousins this year in a game. That is the perfect comparison. Nick Cousins is the new Barnaby. 

As far as the Rempe thing goes the fight wasn't staged. It was real payback.  What may have been instructed though was for Lazar to go first (with Vesey) and thus make sure Rempe would be done for the night if it didn't go well. the other 3 pairings were probably just "I guess we pair off too" but none of them were really engaged. 

This discussion will definitely come up in the future if the Sabres get any good. We will be in those New jersey shoes and then the debate on Sabrespace will rage for real. Book it. It's coming. 

55 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I forgot about this one. Thanks for the memories.

Watching the way Barnaby gets up there's some "fake" going on there too. Reminds me of Nick Cousins this year in a game. That is the perfect comparison. Nick Cousins is the new Barnaby. 

As far as the Rempe thing goes the fight wasn't staged. It was real payback.  What may have been instructed though was for Lazar to go first (with Vesey) and thus make sure Rempe would be done for the night if it didn't go well. the other 3 pairings were probably just "I guess we pair off too" but none of them were really engaged. 

This discussion will definitely come up in the future if the Sabres get any good. We will be in those New jersey shoes and then the debate on Sabrespace will rage for real. Book it. It's coming. 

The Athletic did an interview with the Rangers who fought. They did not know they would all be ejected. They thought if it happen simultaneously that they would be fine  

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/4/2024 at 6:49 PM, OverPowerYou said:

It amazes me how old Ovechkin looks. He’s not even 40 yet. Is it Russian genes or some type of PEDs?

He's actually 57.  You can't trust Russian documentation.

• Like (+1) 1

So let me get this straight - since we have more wins than all of the teams we are chasing, if we win all 5 games and finish at 89 points and all of the other teams somehow finish at 89 points we will have the tie breaker over every team at 89 points and make it?  

• Like (+1) 2