Around the NHL 2023-24 Season

Brawndo

On 3/7/2024 at 2:10 PM, Crusader1969 said:

Sabres should claim Brendan Lemieux - 1) for $hits and Giggles    2) Throw him on the 4th line with KO and Girgs probably gone tomorrow

The Sabres need another Pat Kaleta 

22 hours ago, sabrefanday1 said:

This is rather funny...I actually thought the date was a misprint but after checking Donald Breashear is still playing hockey (or rather fighting) at 52 years of age! Did not do too well but stil amazed he is still going...

Not a lot of hair between the two. 

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, rickshaw said:

A player slashes a guy in the helmet and gets a $5000 fine but a coach gets $50k? Ahhh the nhl.

That's what collective bargaining gets you.  The coaches aren't in a union.

20 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

And on top of that, it the. Allows the owner to pay it as he says he will. You can’t do that for a player. They don’t like cap circumvention. 

4 hours ago, Doohickie said:

When you're 1 of 32, you make a far greater impact when you defy the league than if you were 1/~1000 players.

36 minutes ago, Weave said:

I’m done with Matt Rempe as a sort of feel good story.  That elbow today was filthy.  He needs to be sat down for 4-5 games.

Yep that was ugly 

Good news so far.  devils lose and Caps down 3-0.    Hopefully LA makes it a 3 for 3 evening.  
Of course it all really comes down to Sabres winning tomorrow in regulation to really start to get interested 

3 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Yep that was ugly 

Good news so far.  devils lose and Caps down 3-0.    Hopefully LA makes it a 3 for 3 evening.  
Of course it all really comes down to Sabres winning tomorrow in regulation to really start to get interested 

At this point it’s all we’ve got. Most of us are realistic about the impossible odds but while other teams are s******g the bed there is a chance.

I am watching regardless so it feels better when the game is “meaningful”.

1 hour ago, Weave said:

I’m done with Matt Rempe as a sort of feel good story.  That elbow today was filthy.  He needs to be sat down for 4-5 games.

But he’s bringing old school hockey back! 

Clearly Rempe will only make it and stay in the NHL by fighting and dirty crap...I have no interest in a one-dimensional player like this. Sabres need someone who can actually play anmd make a contrubtion but answer the bell when needed. Marcus was real good...  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, sabrefanday1 said:

Clearly Rempe will only make it and stay in the NHL by fighting and dirty crap...I have no interest in a one-dimensional player like this. Sabres need someone who can actually play anmd make a contrubtion but answer the bell when needed. Marcus was real good...  

Actually kid can skate, forecheck, beast in front of the net... not a bad shot either...

8 hours ago, sabrefanday1 said:

The guy you want is hard to find. You need to take baby steps in the direction and having this guy while you try to find and develop the more talented tough guy still helps your team. We had the guy you want in Marcus Foligno, but we didn't value him and have not replaced him. 

All time Sabre that fits that bill would be Rick Dudley. Add a couple guys like that to this team and everything changes.