Around the NHL 2023-24 Season

Brawndo

4 minutes ago, zow2 said:

TB scores with 5 seconds remaining to tie Boston and guarantee a point. That’s how good teams do it. They don’t stand for regulation losses, play hard to the end and get the point., then Hagel scores in OT to grab the two points. 

Have I said how much I hate Botts for not offering Hagel a contract? 😡

2 hours ago, zow2 said:

TB scores with 5 seconds remaining to tie Boston and guarantee a point. That’s how good teams do it. They don’t stand for regulation losses, play hard to the end and get the point., then Hagel scores in OT to grab the two points. 

Boston had a lot of trouble with that Jeannot line all night. Can't imagine how Sabres will deal with it. 

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

Quinn Hughes has THIRTY points already 

Only 1/2 of which came against Edmonton and San Jose.  

(Does he get 4 games against each or only 3?  If he could've gotten 16 against them like back in the old days they might be confusing him for Bobby Orr.  😉 )

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Only 1/2 of which came against Edmonton and San Jose.  

(Does he get 4 games against each or only 3?  If he could've gotten 16 against them like back in the old days they might be confusing him for Bobby Orr.  😉 )

Ok I guess he’s not very impressive then / thread 

• Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Ok I guess he’s not very impressive then / thread 

Merely putting it into perspective.  It IS impressive.  But it isn't like he's threatening Gretzky's single season records this year.  (Unless he finds a way to successfully lobby the league to play about 40 games against those 2 this year.)

46 minutes ago, Quint said:

Poor Connor McDavid. 

Whether due to injury or any other reason, a large part of the Oilers poor start has to do with getting less production from McDavid himself so far.

Draisitil is on pace for 100+ points, Kane is on pace for close to 40 goals and close to 80 points, Hyman is very close to his pace for last year. It is Nugent Hopkins and McDavid that are producing at a much lower rate this year than last year. 

Is he the problem? No, but 2023-24 McDavid is getting paid and is viewed as the best play in the league so he can carry the team beyond its problems.  So far most of the 'supporting' cast is doing close to what they are expecting to. McDavid has the biggest drop in production (so far)

I just watched Quinn’s interview at Sabres.com.

He is happy with his progress and expects to be in full practice mode in a few weeks. He will participate in some pre game skates before that and is starting a few drills and shooting on the goalies.

He says his surgeon expects a full recovery and figures he can be ready for January.

Pacioretty reached out to him for support and advice, Quinn sounds like he appreciated it.

Great news, my expectations are lower than pre injury but this guy could help a lot.

• Thanks (+1) 3

4 hours ago, inkman said:

You and every other Sabres fan every time he scores.  

I mean I’m still not over Borgen so I have little room to talk.  

I still hold a grudge over the Peter McNab trade, so I am worse off than you.