Sabres Trade Ilya Lyubushkin to Anaheim for a 2025 4th Round Pick

Brawndo

18 minutes ago, Radar said:

PA, I certainly understand your and the rest of the fans frustration with the franchises long drought. I share that frustration. As far as this being your country and the right to say our government sucks? Again I agree with you. As a veteran who served during Vietnam I can say I would not serve again under our current government....... it sucks. My issue is that your feelings seem to be personal against the Pegulas not merely questioning their decisions. Frankly I think our team is now headed in the right direction but only time will tell. My comments are not personal toward you only my take on your past posts.

I'm just happy that the RIP RJ good vibes lasted for less than a calendar day in here.

5 minutes ago, hockey said:

I'm just happy that the RIP RJ good vibes lasted for less than a calendar day in here.

Someone said Rick didn't want any tears upon his passing. He certainly wouldn't want the end of spirited Sabres talk.

I don't even think Radar's post is a good example of bad vibes. It was fine.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, PASabreFan said:

Someone said Rick didn't want any tears upon his passing. He certainly wouldn't want the end of spirited Sabres talk.

I don't even think Radar's post is a good example of bad vibes. It was fine.

I was not artful, as usual - I just meant that I'm glad we're back to offseason bickering so quickly.

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Radar said:

PA, I certainly understand your and the rest of the fans frustration with the franchises long drought. I share that frustration. As far as this being your country and the right to say our government sucks? Again I agree with you. As a veteran who served during Vietnam I can say I would not serve again under our current government....... it sucks. My issue is that your feelings seem to be personal against the Pegulas not merely questioning their decisions. Frankly I think our team is now headed in the right direction but only time will tell. My comments are not personal toward you only my take on your past posts.

I'm sure it's been personal and nasty at times. Only bc of what they did to MY team. Mainly it's been an objective criticism. Most have come around to my way of looking at it.

I'm over it. I'm just sitting here hoping for better times. And of course that the team gets sold.

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Eyeroll 2

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I'm sure it's been personal and nasty at times. Only bc of what they did to MY team. Mainly it's been an objective criticism. Most have come around to my way of looking at it.

I'm over it. I'm just sitting here hoping for better times. And of course that the team gets sold.

Go Sabres and dedicate this season to RJ !!

• Like (+1) 1

He took too many penalties.

His metrics were the worst amongst the defenders. 

And his foot injuries really hampered his play.

The Concept of Boosh was more popular than the player himself.

And this is from a poster who was thrilled with His Signing last summer 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 1

Just now, Brawndo said:

Yep. Won’t even notice he’s gone. 

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Mostly true, but is the depth on the roster better or worse without him?  Are Stillman and Bryson better players?  I think most would agree they aren't better players.  In fact, IMHO they are considerably worse.  Their just cheaper and when Clague beats one or both out in camp, KA will be dumping one or both of them also.  

KA should have dumped Stillman (another bad trade) and Bryson and made our 7/8 Bush and Clague. 

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I've always sung it. The franchise is awesome. It's my country. I sure as hell can say the government sucks.

You're right about the last sentence tho. I honestly don't understand how a fan could not agree.

Jay McKee's shin guard says hello.

I get it tho. That fifth round pick is gonna be a stud.

Lol

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

There were easier and frankly smarter ways to reduce the logjam on D to get us to 23 players without trading away our 6th or 7th best defender, such as getting rid of Bryson and waiving Clague back to Rochester. Instead, he traded away our highest salaried depth D and kept lesser players with lesser salaries.  You can argue that Bush had the most trade value of the depth D, but the goal this season, I thought, was to field the best possible team, not to save a few bucks. 

Boosh isn't that good and no one wants Bryson, he's gonna get waived. 

Boosh last year was asking for more playing time so Adams moved him where he'll get it. It's pretty simple. He wasn't moved to save money, he was moved because we don't need him. 

38 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Yep. Won’t even notice he’s gone. 

The hand wringing over losing Boosh is something. I already don't care he's gone. 

3 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

He was injured at times but the reality was he didn’t have a good season.  

A1B6EBCF-1C12-4E47-9DF9-4ED9F586759E.jpeg

Oh no! This guy got traded. Lol, Novikov and Johnson will probably produce better results. 

2 hours ago, sweetlou said:

With the signing of EJ it made Bush expendable.  Bryson will get waived and either get claimed or add experience in Rochester.  Stillman will be our 7th.

Mule/ Dahlin

Power/ Cliffton

Joker/ EJ

Stillman

I’m still believing that another move is coming….  until Hanifan is traded from the Flames , I’m holding onto hope 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Mostly true, but is the depth on the roster better or worse without him?  Are Stillman and Bryson better players?  I think most would agree they aren't better players.  In fact, IMHO they are considerably worse.  Their just cheaper and when Clague beats one or both out in camp, KA will be dumping one or both of them also.  

KA should have dumped Stillman (another bad trade) and Bryson and made our 7/8 Bush and Clague. 

I was surprised by the Lyubush trade. But let's put things in perspective. As it stands, he would have been a fourth pairing defender. So no matter how the unit shakes out I'm not going to get perturbed by this fringe roster issue. If this departure ends up giving Ryan Johnson an opportunity to play sooner than expected, it might work out for the better. 

There is a side to the Lyubush transaction that if put in perspective is encouraging i.e. the roster is accumulating a quantity of talent to the point where roster spots are getting tougher to earn. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

The Sabres Analytics Department would disagree with Boosh being a better option. Stillman and Bryson are actually have better metrics in enough categories to justify keeping them over Him. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

The hand wringing over losing Boosh is something. I already don't care he's gone. 

Oh no! This guy got traded. Lol, Novikov and Johnson will probably produce better results. 

Boosh only had one year left on his deal.  Novikov won't be a factor for the Sabres this year.  Let's hope Johnson is an upgrade.

Just now, Brawndo said:

The Sabres Analytics Department would disagree with Boosh being a better option. Stillman and Bryson are actually have better metrics in enough categories to justify keeping them over Him. 

Really?  Bryson looked like a tirefire liability all season.  Stillman didn't look much better when he was dressed.

59 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Bryson and Clague will clear waivers (and personally I think will look pretty good in Rochester). I don’t think Boosh would. If nothing else is following this, I do think that plays a key role in the decision on who to move. 

Edited by shrader
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

This is dumbass.

Second highest shot blocker on the team.  He was far from perfect, but he should have stayed in the bottom pairing. Joker should have been moved ahead of him if you wanted to dump a body. 

Just dumbass. 

There isn't an organization in the league that would rate Lyuboosh over Joki. I can understand why you are not attracted to Joki's style of play but there is no question that Joki is a better player. By the end of the season, Bush ended up as a fringe player for us whose minutes became very limited. There was a reason for his loss of playing time: It was his substandard play. At the end of season he was considered a liability. 

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.