The Hockey Guy on the Current Sabres Roster

Eleven

58 minutes ago, tom webster said:

I’m not sure what credibility he has. He’s just a guy with an opinion, not much unlike anyone on this board. To me it’s not different then watching a video message board.

Maybe we need to convert this board to a video message board. That would be interesting 🤨 

• Vomit 1

10 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I don't see why that's an "of course." Fans by definition have less credibility.

I've watched a couple of his videos on other teams.  He does wear the sweater of the team he's discussing.

24 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I don't see why that's an "of course." Fans by definition have less credibility.

He's a fan of HOCKEY.  He has an extensive collection which includes several jerseys from each team.  He's not going to wear a NJ Devils jersey (which he has several of) if he's talking about the Sabres.  Of course.

14 minutes ago, NAF said:

He seems like a good dude but IMO he doesn't really provide any information that, as die hard fans, we don't already know.

About the Sabres, no, definitely no new information for us, but if you want daily info about all teams around the league presented in an easily digestible way, he’s pretty good.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

But he does give the perspective of what the rest of the league thinks of the team.

No, he gives perspective of what he thinks of them.
Look, like PA says, he has 300K followers so based on my knowledge of YouTube pay scale, he’s making about $5K per month minus expenses. Obviously people find him entertaining so good for him and for them. He doesn’t pretend to be connected but he’s obviously pretty knowledgeable about the sport.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

He has almost 300k subscribers.

A Sabres fan would try to gaslight me.

Still not sure why he dons the sweater of the team he's talking about 

Just spitballin' here, but he probably likes to collect hockey sweaters and by wearing them while he's making his videos he can write of their cost as an expense of doing business.  2 birds, 1 stone.  😉

• Like (+1) 4

4 hours ago, Doohickie said:

He's a fan of HOCKEY.  He has an extensive collection which includes several jerseys from each team.  He's not going to wear a NJ Devils jersey (which he has several of) if he's talking about the Sabres.  Of course.

He doesn't need to wear the jersey of the team he's talking about. George Will doesn't drape himself in the Iranian flag when discussing the Ayatollah.

43 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

He doesn't need to wear the jersey of the team he's talking about. George Will doesn't drape himself in the Iranian flag when discussing the Ayatollah.

There are fans who go to hockey games and wear random jerseys from teams not even represented in the game, because presumably their thought process went something like, “going to a hockey game, I think I’ll wear a hockey sweater.” I know you’ve seen them. 

It’s kinda funny but if hockey jerseys are really sweaters, a sweater is a sweater in a cool arena, and a sweater on an engagement based platform like YouTube means a little less sweating when perusing that bank account 

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

But he does.  He has hundreds of jerseys and I suspect that by wearing them on his videos he writes them off on his taxes as a business expense.  Tax issues aside, he picks an appropriate jersey for all of his videos.

This is another case of you being purposefully obtuse.

• Like (+1) 3

35 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

But he does.  He has hundreds of jerseys and I suspect that by wearing them on his videos he writes them off on his taxes as a business expense.  Tax issues aside, he picks an appropriate jersey for all of his videos.

This is another case of you being purposefully obtuse.

This is another case of you being a pod.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 7/9/2023 at 6:21 PM, Buffalonill said:

What's the point of posting a fans Perspective when it's basically what some of you do everyday but without a video. 

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952a0jawmp9fnmql7e02

The point is we would rather listen to his sober thoughts on our team than try an figure out what your drunken, unpunctuated posts are trying to say. 😂

22 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Sorry, PA, but this is just a weird, old cranky guy take. What he is wearing has no bearing on his opinion. He always wears a jersey from the team he is talking about. And this is his full time job now, so if people see him in their team's jersey, in a list of search result videos, they will be more likely to click on it.

32 minutes ago, SwampD said:

The point is we would rather listen to his sober thoughts on our team than try an figure out what your drunken, unpunctuated posts are trying to say. 😂

Sorry, PA, but this is just a weird, old cranky guy take. What he is wearing has no bearing on his opinion. He always wears a jersey from the team he is talking about. And this is his full time job now, so if people see him in their team's jersey, in a list of search result videos, they will be more likely to click on it.

I think you're right on the click angle. And from just this one video, it does appear the host does not put on a sweater and become a homer. From my POV, however, it's important. I might want a breakdown of the 2023 24 Bruins, but I really don't want one from a guy in Bs jersey.

46 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I think you're right on the click angle. And from just this one video, it does appear the host does not put on a sweater and become a homer. From my POV, however, it's important. I might want a breakdown of the 2023 24 Bruins, but I really don't want one from a guy in Bs jersey.

That makes sense. I guess watching him as often as I have, I don’t even notice it anymore. He’s really objective and I don’t think I’ve ever seen him be a fanboy. Not even sure who “his” team is, if he even has one. 

5 hours ago, SwampD said:

Not even sure who “his” team is, if he even has one. 

He mentions from time to time his favorite teams and is pretty open about it.  He lives in western Canada so naturally the Canucks are his number one team.  He also likes the Bruins and Stars.  He's somewhat partial to the Sabres as in he'd like to see them return to the playoffs; he sees them as the expansion sibling of his Canucks.

• Like (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.