The Hockey Guy on the Current Sabres Roster

Eleven

• 1 month later...

This guy does not address Olofsson's two-way game, or lack thereof.  

He does address the hitting aspect of the game, "they need to be tougher to play against".  Yes, indeed.  

Goaltending is the key with the young defense staying healthy.  

Agree with the need for home record improvement and an interesting stat on scoring first. 

This is the year, get it done boys! 

47 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

This guy does not address Olofsson's two-way game, or lack thereof.  

He does address the hitting aspect of the game, "they need to be tougher to play against".  Yes, indeed.  

Goaltending is the key with the young defense staying healthy.  

Agree with the need for home record improvement and an interesting stat on scoring first. 

This is the year, get it done boys! 

This season is going to come to a couple of things; improved defensive health and play and Levi giving us good goaltending.  The team will score plenty of goals.  I expect continued growth from JJP, Mitts, Cozens and Krebs plus a rebound by Greenway.  The key will be getting the GA down from 300 to 270 or less.  If Levi, Clifton,  Johnson play well and we get continued improvement from Power and Mule, this team should be able to cut 30 GA.  

• Agree 1

On 7/9/2023 at 2:32 PM, Doohickie said:

Anyway, I watch a lot of his videos.  During the season he literally previews and reviews every single game, and watches as much action from as many games as he can.  And he puts out other material (such as a retrospective of Craig Anderson's career last year) during the season.

Shanon has no special access to information, just what a normal fan sees, and it's interesting to me to see his takes on the Sabres versus what you hear in the echo chamber of the fan base.

I thought everyone knew the Hockey Guy? He's great. He also must not sleep seeing how many videos he does.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.